[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

1 minute ago, Bardown said:

Which was based on what? The fact Petey was apparently not willing to come to the table when the team is throwing a cheque book at him according to Dhali.

You think it doesn't hurt the team if they don't know how much cap space they have next year going into a trade deadline?

If you actually read my posts you'd see its based one what Rick Dhaliwal reported

Thanks for the insult, I'm sorry i hurt your feelings. Insults always say more about the person insulting than the one they target. Online bullies are cute

Don't worry I have think skin, I wasn't born in the "my feelings are hurt generation"....More like sticks and stones world

You just show you’re a gullible person or a troll. Be what you want to be. It showa in your posts…

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

He has said some of the dumbest shit about Petey I've seen here.  "He doesn't show up he disappears" "He's a me-first not team-first kind of guy" 

That's a fact. Where has he been over the last 7-9 games when we needed goals?

Casper

10 minutes ago, Bardown said:

That's a fact. Where has he been over the last 7-9 games when we needed goals?

Casper

Your takes on him is horseshit.  You're attacking a player's integrity because he's struggling. 

A player struggles to score, and then you label him as "selfish".  What a stupid comment.

2 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Your takes on him is horseshit.  You're attacking a player's integrity because he's struggling. 

A player struggles to score, and then you label him as "selfish".  What a stupid comment.

you seem much too invested in someone else's opinion of a hockey player

33 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I have all historical stats at my fingertips. The average price of a house in East Vancouver in March 2013 was $947,706. The average price of a house in East Vancouver in January 2024 is $1,928,080. 

These are just the averages. Depending on the area those numbers could be different. 

IMG_0718.jpeg

IMG_0719.jpeg

Now put up your 401 K.

17 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

He has said some of the dumbest shit about Petey I've seen here.  "He doesn't show up he disappears" "He's a me-first not team-first kind of guy" 

the defensive evolution of Petey is one of the real bright spots of Bruce's tenure here, letting Petey off Greens leash and letting the kid evolve. 

31 minutes ago, Bardown said:

You seem very worried about Rick's feelings.. somewhat triggered by it....The fan base is allowed to do what they please, just as you are. It seems today people think they have a right to tell others how to feel, what to say or what to believe, not in my world sorry.  Rick knew what he was doing, he created drama in one of the drama queen cities of hockey and should have more integrity than that.

From my perspective, he should go apply to TMZ if that's the kind of "journalism" he subscribes to

Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Provost said:

That is an utter nonsense question.

Trading him doesn’t mean we are a worse team, that is a made up assumption.  He would almost certainly be the best player involved in the a trade, it doesn’t mean we are a worse team.

If the cost of over $12 million, you can allocate that to other players and have significantly more depth.

Are we a better team with Petterson, a league minimum forward like Bains, and a league minimum D like Brisebois…. Or Lindholm, Joshua, and Tanev who would cost an equivalent cap?

That is just the cap allocation itself.  That doesn’t even include the return for Petterson in a trade.  You are talking at least a high 1st round pick, a blue chip prospect (think Jiricek level), a solid roster player to make some money come back, and likely more.

We could easily be a better team from that trade right away, and certainly as those assets mature.

You are assuming lindholm will all of a sudden be back to the way he was 2 years ago? And Joshua isn’t a flash in the pant on a contract year? If you are talking about better cap allocation then why not just have the entire team full of 4-5mil players? Who needs top end player. We can just load the team up with 4-5mil player from top to bottom roll all the lines and hope some will play well above their cap?

almost all of your scenario is pointing at a jiricek Carlsson etc etc coming back.. so lottery teams.. again why would they be giving up all those for a potential 1 year of ep?? A contending team might.. but what contending team out there have a coveted high end prospect in those tier? If I want to have ep on the team and ep is willing to re-sign? Why don’t they just offer 10.5mil offer sheet for 1 year then? 1st 2nd and a 3rd or just wait 1 year for the ufa either or won’t hurt nor make a difference for them while keeping the future intact.

literally all the contending team should be looking at the 1 year offer sheet at 10.5 if they are interested at trading for ep for 1 year.. 1st 2nd and 3rd is way cheaper than whatever Vancouver demands and a good chance Vancouver might not match because they’ll be guaranteed ep walking the following year and not getting anything as they won’t be able to trade him for the year. 

28 minutes ago, Bardown said:

Which was based on what? The fact Petey was apparently not willing to come to the table when the team is throwing a cheque book at him according to Dhali.

You think it doesn't hurt the team if they don't know how much cap space they have next year going into a trade deadline?

If you actually read my posts you'd see its based one what Rick Dhaliwal reported

Thanks for the insult, I'm sorry i hurt your feelings. Insults always say more about the person insulting than the one they target. Online bullies are cute

Oh and don't worry I have thick skin, I wasn't born in the "my feelings are hurt generation"....More like sticks and stones world

Didn't you randomly attack my intellect the other day after you said something stupid and I didn't back down?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Wiener 1