[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

7 minutes ago, Bardown said:

I have spent 18 years in Corporate finance and M&A in NYC and Toronto, I appreciate the negotiation tips!

My goodness

Here comes another fact. If you work with negotion and behaves like you do on this forum it must be a cesspool working in those companies. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wiener 1

20 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

He said what he’d heard  is EP40s side said if Vancouver plans on signing him for less than $100,000,000…he walks. 

he said the exact opposite to sekeres and price. 

maybe this man-child should shut his uninformed attention hole for a little bit until he can get his story straight. 

I love Petey, I don't want to lose him, but I tend to agree he is not a top 10 player in the league.  He is often invisible in games, especially at 5 on 5.  I think we need to play hardball to some extent.  The Willie Nylander contract should be a good comparable.  If he wants a little more, fine.  If he wants $14m I'd tell him to get stuffed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Here comes another fact. If you work with negotion and behaves like you do on this forum it must be a cesspool working in those companies. 

And yet all I see is a bunch of insults because I have a different view on a media personality and a hockey player. As I've said, if you need to insult, its says more about the person insulting than the target. It also suggests the person insulting doesn't have an argument to stand on...Insults are deflection in a debate.

Online bullying is sad.

Be well.

Edited by Bardown
  • Cheers 2

32 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Just listened to Seravelli talking on Toronto radio and he said it’s 100-112m/8 years is what he said the range is of difference. He said he doesn’t believe either side will walk away over .5-1.5m/year. 

Franks been talking to Petey's agent 😂 

I like Petey a lot, but 14 is goofy 

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Just listened to Seravelli talking on Toronto radio and he said it’s 100-112m/8 years is what he said the range is of difference. He said he doesn’t believe either side will walk away over .5-1.5m/year. 

I watched Servelli's interview on The Real Kipper and Bourne show and he didn't say anything about -112 million. 

He said that it MIGHT be a little more than the $96 million figure being tossed around....but that he belieives it's in the $96 million neighborhood. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

14m per would make Pettersson enemy number one in Vancouver if he wasn't putting up 2 ppg for the next 8 years, lol. 

No kidding lol.  Would probably be justified too. He'd be making more than Matthews who is gonna be close to cracking the 70 goal mark this year.

6 minutes ago, Bardown said:

And yet all I see is a bunch of insults because I have a different view on a media personality and a hockey player. As I've said, if you need to insult, its says more about the person insulting than the target. It also suggests the person insulting doesn't have an argument to stand on...Insults are deflection in a debate.

Online bullying is sad.

Be well.

Well, you showed you either were gullible or a troll believeing a media personality.

Then you go on and bash one of our star players and put out speculation and speculation and speculation in absurdity.

You call that insulting that someone talks back to you regarding those stupid posts? 

Online bullying was what happened to Dahlen when Benning started hus fire.

To even compare what I say with what Benning started is just ridiculus.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Wiener 1

37 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

He said what he’d heard  is EP40s side said if Vancouver plans on signing him for less than $100,000,000…he walks. 

If this is true, this is a comical evaluation of one's own standing amongst his peers. Unbelievable that Pettersson feels he has the leverage to demand something like this.

Edited by 43isprime
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Nazzy was the best player in the world for a year till that low life head hunted him and hyperextended his elbow and gave him a concussion- nazzy lost his shot after that… ruined his career 

I believe he ended up getting the poopy end of that exchange in the end. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dannyboy88 said:

Interesting! Sounds like they had a deal percolating with Carolina, I wonder what that would have looked like? Takes massive brass balls to look at moving your superstar centre mid-season while you're #2 in the entire league!

Rutherford has brass balls. We'll be fair, but try to threaten us, BYE FELICIA

Seems Petey backed down...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Hillarious.... only in Vancouver are fans dissing their own 100+ point players... what makes a superstar? what number on the leading scorer's list have you got to be, to be a superstar? Is Miller a superstar? define superstar? 

Is it unfair to think that players that pass the 100 points mark before they are 25 are superstars? and likely doing is again?\

Just wondering?

Pettersson's 102 pts last year was about 66% of the 153 points Mcdavid scored.

He's currently on pace for around 72% of what Kucherov is on pace for.

All anyone talks about is salary inflation to justify Pettersson's worth. Any talk of points inflation?

13 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Well, you showed you either were gullible or a troll believeing a media personality.

Then you go on and bash one of our star players and put out speculation and speculation and speculation in absurdity.

You call that insulting that someone talks back to you regarding those stupid posts? 

Online bullying was what happened to Dahlen when Benning started hus fire.

To even compare what I say with what Benning started is just ridiculus.

Seems Rutherford and Alvin have similar views to me!

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canucks-pettersson-resume-negotiations-after-trade-talks-with-hurricanes/

• Haha 1