[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Would've had to have been Aho, and I'd imagine Aho+

Wild. But if superstars are on the table it makes sense for the Canucks to entertain it 

They also had an eye on Necas last year. My guess is they wanted Aho, Carolina says Necas ++ and the Canucks said no

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

You are assuming lindholm will all of a sudden be back to the way he was 2 years ago? And Joshua isn’t a flash in the pant on a contract year? If you are talking about better cap allocation then why not just have the entire team full of 4-5mil players? Who needs top end player. We can just load the team up with 4-5mil player from top to bottom roll all the lines and hope some will play well above their cap?

almost all of your scenario is pointing at a jiricek Carlsson etc etc coming back.. so lottery teams.. again why would they be giving up all those for a potential 1 year of ep?? A contending team might.. but what contending team out there have a coveted high end prospect in those tier? If I want to have ep on the team and ep is willing to re-sign? Why don’t they just offer 10.5mil offer sheet for 1 year then? 1st 2nd and a 3rd or just wait 1 year for the ufa either or won’t hurt nor make a difference for them while keeping the future intact.

literally all the contending team should be looking at the 1 year offer sheet at 10.5 if they are interested at trading for ep for 1 year.. 1st 2nd and 3rd is way cheaper than whatever Vancouver demands and a good chance Vancouver might not match because they’ll be guaranteed ep walking the following year and not getting anything as they won’t be able to trade him for the year. 

Take a breath and settle your fluttering heart.  You just ranted about a bunch of things that don’t exist and are silly.

Has anyone mentioned getting rid of all our top players?  Even if we had to move on from Petterson due to contract demands, we will have our best core players in Miller, Hughes, and Demko.

Your weird offer sheet scenario has the Canucks not matching an under market value offer… but some imaginary contending team with that much cap space and all their picks taking him instead.  

24 minutes ago, Bardown said:

And yet all I see is a bunch of insults because I have a different view on a media personality and a hockey player. As I've said, if you need to insult, its says more about the person insulting than the target. It also suggests the person insulting doesn't have an argument to stand on...Insults are deflection in a debate.

Online bullying is sad.

Be well.

"The impact of participation ribbons is sad"

"good god, I suggest you learn to accept you can be wrong before you enter the workforce"

"2+2 = what? 1.7 in your mind?"

Get off your high horse you turd. These are all your quotes from yesterday because you entered a conversation with me, not knowing what we are actually talking about, and I wouldn't take your shit. It's pretty pathetic to talk all you want then act like a little snowflake when someone shoots back at you. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Wiener 1

3 minutes ago, Bardown said:

Canucks, Pettersson resume negotiations after trade talks with Hurricanes

There’s no doubt both Canucks and Pettersson’s camp are making a legit attempt to get this done

Elliotte Friedman | @FriedgeHNIC

February 29, 2024, 5:50 PM

Acording to multiple sources, the Vancouver Canucks and Carolina Hurricanes had discussions about Elias Pettersson that advanced to a stage where both the Canucks and the player needed to make serious decisions about where their relationship was headed.

The Canucks ultimately decided in favour of another attempt at extending Pettersson, and he, facing the possibility Vancouver could move him, allowed agents Pat Brisson and JP Barry to resume negotiations. Previously, the talented forward indicated he preferred to wait until after the season.

No extension is complete at this time, but there certainly is momentum in that direction, as Daily Faceoff's Frank Seravalli reported Wednesday. Should it be completed, it will allow the Canucks a very clear picture of their future cap situation heading into next week’s trade deadline.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Provost said:

That is an utter nonsense question.

Trading him doesn’t mean we are a worse team, that is a made up assumption.  He would almost certainly be the best player involved in the a trade, it doesn’t mean we are a worse team.

If the cost of over $12 million, you can allocate that to other players and have significantly more depth.

Are we a better team with Petterson, a league minimum forward like Bains, and a league minimum D like Brisebois…. Or Lindholm, Joshua, and Tanev who would cost an equivalent cap?

That is just the cap allocation itself.  That doesn’t even include the return for Petterson in a trade.  You are talking at least a high 1st round pick, a blue chip prospect (think Jiricek level), a solid roster player to make some money come back, and likely more.

We could easily be a better team from that trade right away, and certainly as those assets mature.

So we trade Petey and no longer have an elite 1C? Makes no sense. Makes us worse. Bad management. That’s like a Buffalo move trading Eichel for magic beans. 
Sign Petey. If we do have to trade him then it’s for a guy like Jack Hughes. Sure it’s a downgrade but it’s not magic beans. 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

@MeanSeanBean ^ good call 

Why does a fact offend you?

650 just said it got to the point where the player had to make a decision (Seravalli), means they were ready to trade him

So weird, people insulting others on a hockey message board because they can't handle a fact that Petey was almost traded? Weird.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

So we trade Petey and no longer have an elite 1C? Makes no sense. Makes us worse. Bad management. That’s like a Buffalo move trading Eichel for magic beans. 
Sign Petey. If we do have to trade him then it’s for a guy like Jack Hughes. Sure it’s a downgrade but it’s not magic beans. 

Depends on who was coming back. If Aho its a pretty even swap.

3 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

"The impact of participation ribbons is sad"

"good god, I suggest you learn to accept you can be wrong before you enter the workforce"

"2+2 = what? 1.7 in your mind?"

Get off your high horse you turd. These are all your quotes from yesterday because you entered a conversation with me, not knowing what we are actually talking about, and I wouldn't take your shit. It's pretty pathetic to talk all you want then act like a little snowflake when someone shoots back at you

Participation ribbons ARE SAD

2+2 doesn't = 1.7

Doesn't sound like you're in the workforce

All are facts...

3 minutes ago, Bardown said:

Why does a fact offend you?

650 just said it got to the point where the player had to make a decision (Seravalli), means they were ready to trade him

So weird, people insulting others on a hockey message board because they can't handle a fact that Petey was almost traded? Weird.

? huh

Just now, Bardown said:

Participation ribbons ARE SAD

2+2 doesn't = 1.7

Doesn't sound like you're in the workforce

All are facts...

For someone with self proclaimed "thick skin" you sure act like a little snowflake online. I bet you self identify as alpha too, don't you.

• Wiener 1

Of course it will be much more then what Miller makes. Miller took less to make more so to speak. 8k for the rest of his hockey days and then some.

Watch the announcement on Pettersson,s new deal be announced at game time or during..🤣

Then again, what does Carolina have that we may have taken if it all fell though ? 

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Aho for Petey doesn't make sense tho. For other pieces it would, or could at least.

Why? Aho is 1 year older and his best season to date is 83pts in 82gms.  Petey would be an upgrade on that and so to sweeten the deal, the Canes include pending UFA Pesce.  Pretty fair deal IMO.  

• Vintage 1