[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

8 minutes ago, Rush said:

I really like Jarvis

Absolutely.  I like Jk and Necas too.......jk would probably be a better fit and would solidify the canucks down the middle for a long time, assuming they re-sign lindholm

6 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Someone leaked it and it definitely benefits the Canucks. Let’s say they were probably not so keen on keeping it a secret…..Petey must have had an oh shit moment, lol! 

Yeah but Petey and his agent have to know that management did that on purpose. If that was the case, I'm a little surprised that Petey couldn't handle the noise. Like what did he think was going to happen? No talk? Leaks from management aside, the rabid Vancouver media wasn't going to stay quiet - that can't be a surprise to anyone.

Petey has the full right to dictate when he'd like to negotiate, but part of me thinks that he underestimated how much talk would be circulating around him throughout the season. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stawns said:

My guess would be either necas or JK, Jarvis, a prospect and a couple of draft picks, of which one would be a first.

Something line JK, Jarvis, Morrow a 1st and a 2nd? 

that seems like a lot without being very much given the player we’re talking about. Not that it matters now. 

• MillerTime 1

how do Friedman or guys like him manage to get all these details?  I doubt the player or the managers talk to him about it.  Would Rutherford/Allvin leak this sort of stuff on purpose to put even more pressure on?  The agent?

6 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I'd take it and be done with it

12.5M won't be what it is now in a few seasons as the cap continues to climb

Draisaitl and McDavid will raise the bar for top tier contracts soon anyway

How bout we let them do it first.

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Absolutely.  I like Jk and Necas too.......jk would probably be a better fit and would solidify the canucks down the middle for a long time, assuming they re-sign lindholm

JK has cracked 10 mins of ice time once in his last 5 games.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Darius said:

how do Friedman or guys like him manage to get all these details?  I doubt the player or the managers talk to him about it.  Would Rutherford/Allvin leak this sort of stuff on purpose to put even more pressure on?  The agent?

On point

1 minute ago, Dizzle said:

that seems like a lot without being very much given the player we’re talking about. Not that it matters now. 

That seems like a very likely package to me 

1 minute ago, Dizzle said:

I doubt youd get three roster players in the deal, but it'd be great if they did!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sell.the.team said:

JK has cracked 10 mins of ice time once in his last 5 games.

Hes a solid player and would be great as a 3C behind miller and Lindholm.  They'd be one of the deepest teams in the league down the middle

41 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

Friedman is the biggest  Canucks troll there is. He takes pleasure in riling up the Canuck fans. I guess because it’s easy to do. I wish he’d trip over the big bottom lip of his.  

Because they are the most easily triggered. 

52 minutes ago, Provost said:

Take a breath and settle your fluttering heart.  You just ranted about a bunch of things that don’t exist and are silly.

Has anyone mentioned getting rid of all our top players?  Even if we had to move on from Petterson due to contract demands, we will have our best core players in Miller, Hughes, and Demko.

Your weird offer sheet scenario has the Canucks not matching an under market value offer… but some imaginary contending team with that much cap space and all their picks taking him instead.  

lol not really imaginary.. under market for ep 1 year sure but depending on the team it might be more than the 12 mil he gets from Vancouver after tax. Reasons for Vancouver to not match well let see you have a player that doesn’t want to be here that you cant trade and will lose him for nothing. Sorry there’s no scenario that is worse than losing ep for absolutely nothing. If they match it? Then they pretty much have to throw the kitchen sink in for the cup or what’s the reason to match? Oh sry it’s 2 1st not 1 but hardly going to make a difference. Teams that could do it? Carolina or Tampa if they don’t retain stamkos.

Just now, Dizzle said:

Seems like 5 real shiny nickels being traded for a dollar bill to me.  

JK is a solid players, Jarvis is a legit scorer and who knows about the dman, maybe pesce on condition of signing 

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Hillarious.... only in Vancouver are fans dissing their own 100+ point players... what makes a superstar? what number on the leading scorer's list have you got to be, to be a superstar? Is Miller a superstar? define superstar? 

Is it unfair to think that players that pass the 100 points mark before they are 25 are superstars? and likely doing is again?\

Just wondering?

Let's start with this - a superstar drives play 🤣

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

JK is a solid players, Jarvis is a legit scorer and who knows about the dman, maybe pesce on condition of signing 

You can't have conditions based on a player signing 

Just now, qwijjibo said:

You can't have conditions based on a player signing 

Unofficial I meant, a handshake deal.

That said, I think morrow is going to be a solid dman as well, but that's risky taking on an NCAA player.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I can't imagine them not insisting on jarvis

Just going off what was mentioned above.  I assume if Jarvis was involved, his name would be listed.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

Let's start with this - a superstar drives play 🤣

So a guy who has 30 goals, 70+ points in 61 games while playing with 3rd liners most of the season is what?  A passenger?  Define drives play because to me you sound like you heard words you think sound good and are parroting the shit out of them.

• Upvote 1