[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

1 hour ago, Theo5789 said:

Funny how little people know about Aho. Not a chance Carolina is moving him, even if it's for Pettersson. If this rumour is true, then it would've been for Necas+. Necas is also a pending RFA after this season unlike Aho who they have locked up long term and is their captain.

Something Necas, Pesce, Nikishin and a 1st +/- ...cap works at +/- $7m going each way.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I’m impressed that management had a solid plan B in case Petey didn’t want to re-sign and leaking this got his ass to the negotiating table. Now they know how much they will have left over for the multitude of UFAs left to sign and for the TDL. How wonderful to finally have competent management.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Something Necas, Pesce, Nikishin and a 1st +/- ...cap works at +/- $7m going each way.

Id have to think jk would have to be part of it, otherwise the c depth is really toasted 

4 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

I’m impressed that management had a solid plan B in case Petey didn’t want to re-sign and leaking this got his ass to the negotiating table. Now they know how much they will have left over for the multitude of UFAs left to sign and for the TDL. How wonderful to finally have competent management.i 

I bet there are other offers incoming too 

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

quantity should never buy quality in these sorts of trades.  If Carolina wants to pony up one of their elite pieces in a 1 for 1 deal, fine.  If they want to give us spare parts to make the cap work, it better come with 3-4 first round picks or similar young assets as well.  If Pettersson wants to sign an offer sheet elsewhere, anything over $10.5m is 4 first round picks.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

Id have to think jk would have to be part of it, otherwise the c depth is really toasted 

Necas can play C too, but definitely not as a 3C.  JK would be an excellent fit there.  Put Raty on the line eventually and you get double 3c on one line

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Sell.the.team said:

quantity should never buy quality in these sorts of trades.  If Carolina wants to pony up one of their elite pieces in a 1 for 1 deal, fine.  If they want to give us spare parts to make the cap work, it better come with 3-4 first round picks or similar young assets as well.  If Pettersson wants to sign an offer sheet elsewhere, anything over $10.5m is 4 first round picks.

I agree there which is why I can't see PA walking away without Jarvis

Just now, Bob Long said:

I bet there are other offers incoming too 

I wouldn't be surprised if the Canucks phone didn't start ringing from other organizations now that this has been leaked. 

If the Canucks have listened to one offer they might as well hear from any other franchises that are intrested. 

• Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, Darius said:

how do Friedman or guys like him manage to get all these details?  I doubt the player or the managers talk to him about it.  Would Rutherford/Allvin leak this sort of stuff on purpose to put even more pressure on?  The agent?

I think that’s exactly what happened.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Miller, Lindholm, Blueger, Suter. And Necas has played C FWIW.

Necas sucks. Not a center, plays very perimeter and is a bit of a low IQ player. Certainly not Tocchet’s type of player. 

Jarvis + Nikishin would be the base.

• Confused 1

Just now, Odd. said:

Necas sucks. Not a center, plays very perimeter and is a bit of a low IQ player. Certainly not Tocchet’s type of player. 

Not an RT player, I agree.  But he most definitely does not suck.  He could also be flipped

2 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Canucks phone didn't start ringing from other organizations now that this has been leaked. 

If the Canucks have listened to one offer they might as well hear from any other franchises that are intrested. 

For sure. Leaking this does two things, forces Petey's hand and it drums up a potential bidding war going into the deadline week. Assuming the negotiations don't go in the direction management likes. They moved our captain when negotiations didn't go the way they liked, they'll happily move a guy who wants 12mil and gets knocked over when a strong breeze comes in who arguably hasn't even been our 4th or 5th most valuable player this year. Despite his production being very good. I think all this news also may have dropped his ask. I been hearing talk that his contract will be around Nylander dollars and not 12+mil. Which is good.

Just now, Odd. said:

Watching Necas play the Canucks, the talent is obviously there. The only downside I heard from Carolina fans is he passes too much, nothing about bad defence. Sounds like a Canuck already. But yeah, not so sure how well he'd fit under Tocc, but even if he doesn't. We can flip em.

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, stawns said:

Hes a solid player and would be great as a 3C behind miller and Lindholm.  They'd be one of the deepest teams in the league down the middle

The same JK that has 20 points in 59 games and the 2nd worst +/- on the team that is known for its structure?  Not sure paying him $4.82m to put up 30 points on the 3rd line is the play.

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Miller, Lindholm, Blueger, Suter. And Necas has played C FWIW.

Hmm... One injury tho and it's a tough sled. 

Dunno, I do think Rutherford is a sly old dude that doesn't mind stirring it up 😂

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

Necas can play C too, but definitely not as a 3C.  JK would be an excellent fit there.  Put Raty on the line eventually and you get double 3c on one line

I don't understand why the folks here are so down on JK? No one's claimed hes Petey.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Odd. said:

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Not an RT player, I agree.  But he most definitely does not suck.  He could also be flipped

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

For sure. Leaking this does two things, forces Petey's hand and it drums up a potential bidding war going into the deadline week. Assuming the negotiations don't go in the direction management likes. They moved our captain when negotiations didn't go the way they liked, they'll happily move a guy who wants 12mil and gets knocked over when a strong breeze comes in who arguably hasn't even been our 4th or 5th most valuable player this year. Despite his production being very good. I think all this news also may have dropped his ask. I been hearing talk that his contract will be around Nylander dollars and not 12+mil. Which is good.

Watching Necas play the Canucks, the talent is obviously there. The only downside I heard from Carolina fans is he passes too much, nothing about bad defence. Sounds like a Canuck already. But yeah, not so sure how well he'd fit under Tocc, but even if he doesn't. We can flip em.

If he can play under Brind'Amour... I think he'd be ok under Tochett 😂

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Hmm... One injury tho and it's a tough sled. 

Dunno, I do think Rutherford is a sly old dude that doesn't mind stirring it up 😂

It's basically the same C depth we have now... you're just changing one winger/C in Petey for another winger/C in Necas (plus a bunch of other bits).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Darius said:

how do Friedman or guys like him manage to get all these details?  I doubt the player or the managers talk to him about it.  Would Rutherford/Allvin leak this sort of stuff on purpose to put even more pressure on?  The agent?

I don't think the Canucks benefit from having stuff like this come out so I would think it was not leaked by the club.

It would be a dick move to faux negotiate a trade with anther club to help add pressure on a player to re-sign after the player was completely within his right and not hampering anything by asking to wait until the end of the year.

I believe the news coming out about Pettersson wanting to see if he can get a deal done due to the circus this is creating off the ice, more so a belief of mine after seeing several Tocchet interviews hinting at discussions Pettersson has had in regards to outside noise.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Funny thing is, I typed that and deleted it. Sometimes you should just go with your gut. But you could also argue he's only had one really good season under Brind'Amour. A few good seasons, and a pretty meh season.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I don't understand why the folks here are so down on JK? No one's claimed hes Petey.

I think people fail to understand that it would be a trade, for van, about filling roles and not skill for skill.  Obviously jk wouldn't be the centrepiece to a deal, but would fill a very important role in Vans lineup for a long time to come (assuming they'd bring EL back)

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I think that's true, but not sure RB is all that crazy about him either 

• Cheers 1