[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

You have to look at it in the bigger picture I guess.  Yourd never going to get a Petey level player back for Petey.  But they can use that $ to fill several spots instead of one.  Depth is key

See I just fundamentally disagree with not getting a top line player - right now - back for Petey. Spare parts - even good ones - just don’t suffice if you’re moving a player of his caliber. 

again, it looks like it’s a moot point now. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I don't think the Canucks benefit from having stuff like this come out so I would think it was not leaked by the club.

It would be a dick move to faux negotiate a trade with anther club to help add pressure on a player to re-sign after the player was completely within his right and not hampering anything by asking to wait until the end of the year.

I believe the news coming out about Pettersson wanting to see if he can get a deal done due to the circus this is creating off the ice, more so a belief of mine after seeing several Tocchet interviews hinting at discussions Pettersson has had in regards to outside noise.

Hard to believe the management would do such a thing.  This is something that could really affect

their reputation amongst the players (as well as future players) and cause dissention on the team.

Such a behaviour could have put EP off the team and decided he would like to play elsewhere.

Being an RFA. Carolina would only be guaranteed next season, so EP has $ & term choice,

or can walk as a UFA.

Frankly, I don't understand why the Canes would do a trade for Petey, as they have Aho, who

is a great #1C (with an incredible contract) and 21yr old Seth Jarvis looking like a 2C in the very

near future. 

Somehow Fried heard some rumour and now here we are.

Just now, Dizzle said:

See I just fundamentally disagree with not getting a top line player - right now - back for Petey. Spare parts - even good ones - just don’t suffice if you’re moving a player of his caliber. 

again, it looks like it’s a moot point now. 

Again, JK wouldn't be the focal point of a deal.  I assume a very good player(s) would be

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

Well he scored 18 last year, is on pace for close to that this year.  That doesn't seem like solid 3rd line production?  I'd be pretty frickin happy with a 3C that scores 18-20goals, plays a good two-way game, has good size and pretty good in the dot 

Not sure what you're expecting

For $5M.  For a 3C.  He better be frigging amazing.

I'd rather spend $2m on a 3c and use the other $3m to upgrade a $6m top 6F into a $9m top 6F.  

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Again, JK wouldn't be the focal point of a deal.  I assume a very good player(s) would be

Yeah… he’s getting paid a bit much (or a lot much) for a third liner. Not really something worth while in a trade for a superstar. 

Just now, HKSR said:

For $5M.  For a 3C.  He better be frigging amazing.

I'd rather spend $2m on a 3c and use the other $3m to upgrade a $6m top 6F into a $9m top 6F.  

If I'm getting a 23 3rd oa pick 3C that can give me 20 goals and is cost controlled for a long time, sign me up.  You might get lucky with a $2m guy short term, then if they over perform, they'll be expected to be paid.  

Just now, Apricot said:

What in the world is happening 

Posters arguing about other teams players worth in a hypothetical trade scenario for EP.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dizzle said:

Yeah… he’s getting paid a bit much (or a lot much) for a third liner. Not really something worth while in a trade for a superstar. 

If he was 27+, id agree

2 hours ago, Sell.the.team said:

Dreger has and will always be a much bigger troll.  He is cousins with Nonis and never got over our ugly split. I find Friedman's treatment of the Canucks to be a breath of fresh air from that of the old TSN crew who used to rule the trade rumor circuit. 

I was going to say, Friedman is the only Toronto media I can stand (and no I don’t consider Juice to be part of Toronna media). He says a lot of things tongue in cheek about Canucks as he does get a kick out of it. I get the sense he actually likes the Canucks, unlike all the other TO bastards.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BPA said:

Posters arguing about other teams players worth in a hypothetical trade scenario for EP.

Isn't this a discussion board?  EF said there was almost a deal and people are discussing it.  I thought that's what people do on a discussion board

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Isn't this a discussion board?  EF said there was almost a deal and people are discussing it.  I thought that's what people do on a discussion board

Where did I say that you couldn’t?  

The poster asked what was going on and I just replied to it with the facts.

Just now, higgyfan said:

Nuck fans are getting wound up by yet another Petey rumour.

We never get wound. We are the epitome of a well grounded and rational fan base. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Tkachuk Trade:

- 100 Point Forward

- Top 4 Defencemen

- 1st Round Pick

The trade needs to start with Svechnikov or Aho.

Anyways other teams could make better trades.

Depends on if Petes actually asking for 100+m. If he is truly asking for that much Ill take Necas + Kotka + 1st. I hope the rumors are bogus though.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Devils are going bad. Jack and Luke have to hate playing in a non hockey market. Devils GM calls and offer both Hughes for Petey + Willander. Does Allvin keep trying to extend Petey or make the deal? 

Done deal. Even though we dont want to lose either guy, the cap and costs are more important over the next 5 years

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

It's actually pretty interesting to figure out what Carolina must have offered.