[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

5 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

You keep saying 3 OA like it matters.  Him being picked at 3rd was way off the board and if you look at his stats he’s done nothing in his nearly 400 games to justify being picked that early.

Because he's only 23 and 3oa means his potential is something more than other players.  Again, if he were say 26, I'd agree.

3 hours ago, Dom said:

EdgarM

• EdgarMMiddle 6
  • Members
  • CDC Username: EdgarM
  On 2/1/2024 at 12:27 PM, tas said:

I think the possibility of him tkachuking us by only being open to a one year deal is unfortunately very real.

I'm personally prepared for this to be petey's last year in van. I don't think it's necessarily the most likely result, but likely enough that we shouldn't be surprised at all. 

With the accumulation of another top 6 center(lindholm), this pretty much convinces me he is gone. 

I seen it with Bo and I seen it with Petey in how he has handled this whole thing with his contract.

Personally I wouldn't even give him a shot at the playoffs with us this year and I don't see him going any farther then the trade dead line. 

Realistically, I see him fetching us at least a good top 6 winger and maybe more. If we can get a Tuch type player to play with Lindholm I would be ecstatic.

It would also give us the much needed cap space to resign key players we have recently accumulated like Hronek and Lindholm next year.

I knew that this management group has no problem of making the team a priority over any one player. Bo learned that the hard way. :classic_biggrin:

Love how we do business now a days and I am totally confident Pettersson will sign a fair deal or he WILL BE DEALT, ASAP!

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Why do people keep talking about trading him?

Because we know at the Cap he is asking, in 3 years we lose Demko and Boeser, Cannot sign most of the UFA's we like this summer (joshua, Hronek, Myers, Desmith)

1 minute ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Because we know at the Cap he is asking, in 3 years we lose Demko and Boeser, Cannot sign most of the UFA's we like this summer (joshua, Hronek, Myers, Desmith)

Caps going up. 

Other contracts will expire.

• Upvote 1

Caps going up. 

You dont think they want to extend anyone else? THEY are not asking for a %40 raise. I think some of them would even take a haircut to stay in Vancouver.

You dont think we need to replace the expiring contracts?

We need a team, not just a SuperStar or even 4 of them like Toronto.

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Caps going up. 

And the management will replace bottom 6 guys, with others that have potential(as they have

done this year).

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

You dont think they want to extend anyone else? THEY are not asking for a %40 raise. I think some of them would even take a haircut to stay in Vancouver.

You dont think we need to replace the expiring contracts?

We need a team, not just a SuperStar or even 4 of them like Toronto.

Players like Garland, Mikheyev, and Myers will be replaced with cheaper younger guys.

• Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Why? We are giving up a "SuperStar" I dont think Brady is even close to a Miller, let alone a "SuperStar"... oh wait, the superstar is Petey?

pinto is very good and tchachuk is going to be  beast in the playoffs...

its likely fair value

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

If we sign Petey at $12 million, then Garland, Mikheyev, Myers, Cole all have to go. We then need to incorporate Podkolzin, Lekkerimäki, D-Petey, Silovs and  Willander into the lineup as quickly as possible to get those cheap contracts on the roster. 

We are looking at the cap going up to around $100 million by the time Hughes needs to be re-signed. OEL will still be on the books for $2 million, so we would have a $98 million salary cap. Petey, Hughes, Miller, Boeser, Demko, Lindholm and Hronek would be big contracts on the roster and would take up around $66 million of that $98 million. So we’d have $32 million for 16 guys. If that’s the case then 7-8 of those guys need to be on $1 million contracts. 

It’s possible to do this but we have to have many players on the cheaper contracts. 

• Upvote 1

Players like Garland, Mikheyev, and Myers will be replaced with cheaper younger guys.

And finally, we will see prospects joining the team during the next few years.

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe the offer was good enough to Allvin tell Petey’s agent that they were going to make the deal if a new contract wasn’t signed before the TDL?

And, if that’s the case, then the offer would have to be damn good. So it’s likely Aho +++

Talking to Hurricanes is telling EP and his agent that Canucks can only afford to Aho's Money or they have to trade him

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, stawns said:

Because he's only 23 and 3oa means his potential is something more than other players.  Again, if he were say 26, I'd agree.

I’d rather we signed former 2 OA Nolan Patrick…you know he’s only 24 which means his potential is something.

if the goal with the 3rd OA pick is to draft a future 3rd line center who is getting paid $4.82m then the scouting department needs an overhaul.

Edited by fanofvan
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

EdgarM

• EdgarMMiddle 6
  • Members
  • CDC Username: EdgarM
  On 2/1/2024 at 12:27 PM, tas said:

I think the possibility of him tkachuking us by only being open to a one year deal is unfortunately very real.

I'm personally prepared for this to be petey's last year in van. I don't think it's necessarily the most likely result, but likely enough that we shouldn't be surprised at all. 

With the accumulation of another top 6 center(lindholm), this pretty much convinces me he is gone. 

I seen it with Bo and I seen it with Petey in how he has handled this whole thing with his contract.

Personally I wouldn't even give him a shot at the playoffs with us this year and I don't see him going any farther then the trade dead line. 

Realistically, I see him fetching us at least a good top 6 winger and maybe more. If we can get a Tuch type player to play with Lindholm I would be ecstatic.

It would also give us the much needed cap space to resign key players we have recently accumulated like Hronek and Lindholm next year.

I knew that this management group has no problem of making the team a priority over any one player. Bo learned that the hard way. :classic_biggrin:

Love how we do business now a days and I am totally confident Pettersson will sign a fair deal or he WILL BE DEALT, ASAP!

Exactly my first thought. This management team took the power back from Petey and Brisson as a pressure point to say shite or get off the pot.

Brilliant move. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1