[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

Just now, gwarrior said:

So, Carolina offered up Necas, and kotkaniemi. Man, they must have some REALLY good crack in Carolina.

No, but deals centered AROUND those pieces. I dunno why people would assume Necas and Kotkaniemi were the only pieces involved. Just some of the pieces involved. I don't think a concrete deal was ever worked out, they were just in talks about a deal. And even if there was, I doubt any of these media guys would know what the entire trade would have looked like.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

Talking to Hurricanes is telling EP and his agent that Canucks can only afford to Aho's Money or they have to trade him

I would trade for Aho and his cap hit in a minute. Imagine the team we could build around him and Miller, Wow! 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

And the management will replace bottom 6 guys, with others that have potential(as they have

done this year).

Right now we have 3 top lines that can play against any other line or matchup. And the 4th can sit on the bench in the playoffs. How do you replace that chemistry when you drop Lindholm, Dump Garlund, lose Cole and Myers, let Joshua go cause we cant sign him... the list goes on, and on and on.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Right now we have 3 top lines that can play against any other line or matchup. And the 4th can sit on the bench in the playoffs. How do you replace that chemistry when you drop Lindholm, Dump Garlund, lose Cole and Myers, let Joshua go cause we cant sign him... the list goes on, and on and on.

We’re not gonna lose all those players cause Petey is gonna make a mil more than you want. 😂

Some of them will need to be replaced regardless of his contract.

2 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

They will try to keep Joshua (if he takes the offer), I'm not sure about Linholm as we are yet to see

his best game, but I doubt they spend much time negotiating with him (might start looking around for

a scoring winger), keep Garland(maybe), trade Mik, let Cole and Myers (sign a low offer or walks.

DeSmith might be given a low ball offer.

Guess we'll see who's still standing in Sept. JR loves to move the chess pieces around.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

All that proves is that there was no player of McDavids caliber that season…

And McDavid is solely responsible for the increase of goals per game per team from 2.65 in 2003 to 3.18 in 2023?

22 minutes ago, stawns said:

Disagree completely.  Cost controlled of a 23 year old, former 3oa pick is a great thing

i wouldn't call KK cost controlled.. he's like 4.8mil for a guy that's trending 28 point this season if anything he's overpaid as hell and is a cap dump.. we already have plenty of those in garland and mikhyev only thing is he's 23.. 3 overall means jack shit 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

i wouldn't call KK cost controlled.. he's like 4.8mil for a guy that's trending 28 point this season if anything he's overpaid as hell and is a cap dump.. we already have plenty of those in garland and mikhyev only thing is he's 23.. 3 overall means jack shit 

18 goals 40+ points last year as a 22 year old

47 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

So, Carolina offered up Necas, and kotkaniemi. Man, they must have some REALLY good crack in Carolina.

I mean, they don't have anything else there. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

And McDavid is solely responsible for the increase of goals per game per team from 2.65 in 2003 to 3.18 in 2023?

0.53 GPG difference x 1312 games per season = McDavid is solely responsible for 695 goals.  Math... 🤣

8 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I mean, they don't have anything else there. 

I've heard they have some pretty good bbq. But clearly nothing on the crack supply if they think they get Petey for that. In my books, it STARTS with Aho, or Svechnikov. You want a top guy, you gotta give a top guy.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Why do people keep talking about trading him?

…. umm because he hasn’t signed an extension and the team needs to know if he wants to be part of the plans going forward…

• Upvote 1

On 2/29/2024 at 7:51 PM, gwarrior said:

I've heard they have some pretty good bbq. But clearly nothing on the crack supply if they think they get Petey for that. In my books, it STARTS with Aho, or Svechnikov. You want a top guy, you gotta give a top guy.

Aho 9 years under $10 mill

Svech 6 years under 8 mill

EP 25 games to rfa and can walk end of next season..

Apparently all the good crack is in Vancouver 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Aho 9 years under $10 mill

Svech 6 years under 8 mill

EP can 25 games to rfa and can walk end of next season..

Apparently all the good crack is in Vancouver 

Guess you've got me there. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

If you arrive at 12+ for Pettersson because you think he's worth that much more than Nylander, have you tried asking how much less value Pettersson has than Mackinnon? Because I bet you'd arrive at a completely different (and I'd argue, more relevant) number in that case.

• Thanks 1