[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

24 minutes ago, spook007 said:

He is in a alump just now, a month ago this wasn't really an issue. 
Not sure what the reason is, but could ve many things...

It just feels like its shitting on Petey month all of a sudden, because someone came out and said, he has refused to sign a $12Mx8 contract, a report that was later withdrawn. 
Petey normally drives the bus on his line, he is normally the guys that steers the drinks and, yes, makes he linemates better. 
How did McD get on in the beginning of the season? Not too well as far as I remember, nobody would now say he isn't $15M player? Matthews? Nylander paid, is it $11M? 
In the end somebody has to put the points on the board, but yes he is not in super form just now. 

It shouldn't be shitting on Pete month but fan's memories are short and fueled by alchohol. Next month could be loving on Petey month.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, stawns said:

Definitely, we still have to remember he's on pace for another 100 point season.  That's significant money right there.  I'd be thrilled if it's only a 3ish year deal 

Not at his recent pace!

6 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Would calling them:

Tony_Gallagher_1__400x400.jpg

be considered a personal attack?🥸

You can say whatever you want man, I don't mind lmao. It's a forum - if people take anything that's said here to heart idk what to say 🤣

4 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Lol. Turns what on? Giveaway after giveaway? Brutal coverage on the powerplay? Lack of back checking once you know you’ve screwed up? Guy has single handed lay cost us games this year. You don’t hear about Mackinnon or Mcdavid or Mathews costing their teams games, they win games for them. No way Petey deserves to get paid like them. He’s not on the same level of being a game changer as those names. Petey is the second fiddle on a cup winning team not the main character.

One of the best even strength producers the last 2 seasons

Finished 7th in selke votes

on pace for back to back 100 point seasons something this pathetic franchise has never seen

he single-handedly won us games last season while your man crush JT Miller was pouting, refusing to play defense, quitting on plays and giving the puck over. 

Pettersson has struggled for a good 30 games this season and yet even with his lacklustre play is still putting up points. 

it’s funny you think Matthews is a play driver. He’s a finisher. He doesn’t “drive play” and looks like he doesn’t do much majority of his shift until he has the puck on his stick and is looking to shoot. 

And your logic is so dumb. Imagine your buying a house for $2M and you’re like “well the house next to this was sold for $1.5M back in 2018 therefore I demand a price reduction!” It doesn’t work like that. The cap is going up and will go up exponentially the next 5 years. $12M players will make up a percentage of the cap that is roughly $9-10M today in that time. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Odd. said:

on pace for back to back 100 point seasons something this pathetic franchise has never seen

he single-handedly won us games last season while your man crush JT Miller was pouting, refusing to play defense, quitting on plays and giving the puck over. 

Pettersson has struggled for a good 30 games this season and yet even with his lacklustre play is still putting up points. 

it’s funny you think Matthews is a play driver. He’s a finisher. He doesn’t “drive play” and looks like he doesn’t do much majority of his shift until he has the puck on his stick and is looking to shoot. 

And your logic is so dumb. Imagine your buying a house for $2M and you’re like “well the house next to this was sold for $1.5M back in 2018 therefore I demand a price reduction!” It doesn’t work like that. The cap is going up and will go up exponentially the next 5 years. $12M players will make up a percentage of the cap that is roughly $9-10M today in that time. 

It's odd how the roles have reversed 🤔

The question is not whether Petey is worth 11.5 to 12.5 million, (because based on his age and what he has done so far, he is).  The question is whether we should sign him for that amount.  

It’s managements job to build the best team that they can to compete in the playoffs.  Paying Petey 12.5 Million, may leave holes in other parts of our team. I’m a big fan of Petey but if we can get assets for him in a trade that will make us a better team overall, you have to look into it.

26 minutes ago, Dom said:

There is reportedly an offer on the table for Pettersson's contract in the range of $90M to $96M AAV, according to Nick Kypreos. They're basically giving him two options, sign or trade.

He then went on to say, if you're not committed, that's fine - but you will be dealt. 

Good to hear. I love that Alvin and Rutherford play hardball. 

• Like 3

Finished 7th in Selke votes? Really? Those judges must not watch our games because we’re out west and they’re sleeping by then. I don’t care if he puts up 4 years of 100pt seasons if we’re losing due to his dumb giveaways.

JT miller might have been “pouting” but he’s been putting up the points too to back it up.
The cap hit going up does nothing for us when we have the OEL buyout being higher for the next 2 years. 

This team goes as far as Miller, Demko, Hughes take us. Petey is not the one winning us games he’s costing us games. All the points he puts up creates a smoke screen on his actual play.

Take your man crush on Petey out of here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Cap went up 5% so by my math.

Season 15 Episode 6 GIF by The Simpsons

Edited by Hammertime

6 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

Lindholms been crap let him walk not worth the 8 or 9 mill he'll want!

He won't get that anywhere though. If 9m was on the table he should have signed then. He won't get that now. Side glances at Pete.  

• ThereItIs 1

35 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

LOL you don't think Miller, Demko, or Huggy struggling would have a greater effect on the teams performance? Obviously Pete putting up assists for the wrong team is going to hurt.

Miller was invisible at beginning of January, but Petey was red hot and the team was red hot as well.  

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

I hope he gets what he's actually worh he s not a Mckinnon or McDavid or Matthews level talent one level lower. 10.5 or 11 x8 years seems about right no more IMO

Well two 100 points seasons brings a pretty big payday

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Miller was invisible at beginning of January, but Petey was red hot and the team was red hot as well.  

Uhhh what? Miller had 19 points in 13 in january. 1.46 ppg 120 point pace

image.png.3b6764d166109aafc238fa4277304764.png

Edited by Hammertime
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Uhhh what? Miller had 19 points in 13 in january. 1.46 ppg 120 point pace

image.png.3b6764d166109aafc238fa4277304764.png

Lotta. Zero's on that board and miller was not playing well at all.

I don’t know about those numbers man. 

Just not comfortable giving that money to a guy who while he gets his points, imo has not shown he is willing or able to drag the team into battle and too often is invisible even though he might end up with 2 or 3 points at the end of the night.  I find myself watching his every shift and maybe I’m being too critical but he just gives up the puck way too easily or is defending nobody in front of his own net. 

I’m also not a fan of his post game attitude with telling the media what questions he will or will not answer. Leaders like Hughes and Miller may not enjoy it but they do it. Petey’s attitude just rubs me the wrong way.

On the other hand, really happy with the way this management team is handling this and challenging Brisson to shite or get off the pot by having trade discussions with the Hurricanes. I’m totally comfortable that they will do what’s best for the team.

Bring on the trade deadline! 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

I believe this contract/trade discussions have gotten into Petey and effected his overall play as wel as the team's overall play. Once the contract is signed, and he gets going again, the team will spin out of this funk and start to play well again.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stawns said:

Lotta. Zero's on that board and miller was not playing well at all.

Huh? there were 3 games Miller didn't register a point. 3 in 13. You are right Pete was hot in January he had 2 more points than Miller but he also had 4 games he didn't register a point. In Feb Pete failed to register a point 6 times. Petes board has a lot more zeros. I'm not going to bother doing any more leg work for you but I'm sure you can look up who had the primary assists on Petes goals. 

Edited by Hammertime
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1