[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

10 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Huh? there were 3 games Miller didn't register a point. 3 in 13. You are right Pete was hot in January he had 2 more points than Miller but he also had 4 games he didn't register a point. In Feb Pete failed to register a point 6 times. Petes board has a lot more zeros

Miller has played 17 games without a point this season. Petey 22. 

February was the worst month for the team. We went 5-6-2. Miller had 15 points. Petey had 11. It’s not a coincidence that we regressed when Petey also regressed. We need both players to be playing well in order to win games. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

In looking at the boards I feel it would be good to re watch the Detroit game. It was clearly Pete's best game in Feb with 3 primary assists. The thing that jumps out at me is Petes zone start ratios. 

Primary apples                                                OZ                NEWT         DZ                    FLY

image.thumb.png.6f1b30c3aaec60adfc0f2f06fa481cbf.png

Edited by Hammertime

When I think about all the crap show times Petey endured under the Benning era, I'm not surprised he's hesitant. But its come to a head, poop or get off the pot. 

Whatever happens though I'm sure we'll all discuss this reasonably. 

Edited by Bob Long
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

thats goofy. They are a couple of gritty forwards away from being a real threat. 

Yep.

Things are never as good as they seem just like they’re never as bad as they seem.

A couple additions at the deadline and the return of Soucy and Joshua and this team will be ready to rock

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Huh? there were 3 games Miller didn't register a point. 3 in 13. You are right Pete was hot in January he had 2 more points than Miller but he also had 4 games he didn't register a point. In Feb Pete failed to register a point 6 times. Petes board has a lot more zeros. I'm not going to bother doing any more leg work for you but I'm sure you can look up who had the primary assists on Petes goals. 

But Pettersson carries the team, don't ya know!

• Haha 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Yep.

Things are never as good as they seem just like they’re never as bad as they seem.

A couple additions at the deadline and the return of Soucy and Joshua and this team will be ready to rock

we seem to like to corner the market on lil forwards this last decade. Sea of Granlunds, etc. 

I wonder if part of Rutherford throwing a grenade into negotiations was that he has deals to make, but Petey is the log jam?

• Vintage 1

31 minutes ago, stawns said:

Lotta. Zero's on that board and miller was not playing well at all.

Three 0 points in 13 games is a lot of o's??? and 19 points in 13 is a 120 point pace. Yup totally invisable !If ur gonna post at least make sense and have some integrity....or maybe just head to Specsavers..

Just now, Bob Long said:

we seem to like to corner the market on lil forwards this last decade. Sea of Granlunds, etc. 

I wonder if part of Rutherford throwing a grenade into negotiations was that he has deals to make, but Petey is the log jam?

Probably. Alvin and Rutherford seem to have a consistent approach and vision for the team. Having your potentially most expensive forward dragging his heels on contract talks (and on the ice) affects their ability to further improve the team. 

• Thanks 1
  • MillerTime 1

2 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

Three 0 points in 13 games is a lot of o's??? and 19 points in 13 is a 120 point pace. Yup totally invisable !If ur gonna post at least make sense and have some integrity....or maybe just head to Specsavers..

Glasses Seinfeld GIF

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I also wonder why we're still experimenting with Bains? he's clearly a bit overmatched right now. We need some bigger kids, maybe time to call up Podz?

True. He was not good yesterday. Way out of his depth. Time to give him a break and send him back to Abbotsford.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

True. He was not good yesterday. Way out of his depth. Time to give him a break and send him back to Abbotsford.

he showed a lot of promise for sure, just needs to be put back in the incubator for a bit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

I also wonder why we're still experimenting with Bains? he's clearly a bit overmatched right now. We need some bigger kids, maybe time to call up Podz?

Agreed.

Bains and PDG clearly need to be upgraded.

PDG was a good story early but he doesn’t have the size to play the way they need him to. 

Bringing in guys like Greenway and Bjugstad should be the goal.

11 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

thats goofy. They are a couple of gritty forwards away from being a real threat. 

All I can say is hopefully, 

But from watching them play - I almost want to say Tocchet has lost the room. 

he showed a lot of promise for sure, just needs to be put back in the incubator for a bit. 

Keeping him in will probably have an adverse effect on his confidence. Bains needs more AHL time. 

• ThereItIs 1

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Miller has played 17 games without a point this season. Petey 22. 

February was the worst month for the team. We went 5-6-2. Miller had 15 points. Petey had 11. It’s not a coincidence that we regressed when Petey also regressed. We need both players to be playing well in order to win games. 

Shhhh.. that doesn't fit the Petey bad narrative.. 

• Vintage 1
  • chaos 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Agreed.

Bains and PDG clearly need to be upgraded.

PDG was a good story early but he doesn’t have the size to play the way they need him to. 

Bringing in guys like Greenway and Bjugstad should be the goal.

PDG isn't really playing like he thinks he'll be here long term, thats for sure. 

1 minute ago, Dom said:

Teams have ups and downs. Tocchet’s style has them leading the league. I don’t think he’s lost the room…it’s just cycles within an NHL season. No need to be dramatic yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dom said:

It's not a coaching issue. It's a roster issue. Tocchet has proven to be a great coach. If the team has tuned him out, it's to their detriment. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Dom said:

nah, its just Feb and they at the top of the league. Even Boston players aren't really trying that hard right now. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Yeah let's not kill his confidence.  He has a future with the big club.  It'll just take some more development time. 

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, HKSR said:

Yeah let's not kill his confidence.  He has a future with the big club.  It'll just take some more development time. 

Podz could have a big impact if he's willing to engage like he has been in the AHL.

• Vintage 1