[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

12 minutes ago, ronning4center said:

People laugh but I'd do this deal...

I mentioned a similar thing to some of my buddies.

Petey @$12M or Horvat @$8.5M + XX Player @$3.5M. 

Which team is most likely better? All else equal.

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We don't need another 60 point centre.  We already have Lindholm who is better defensively than Horvat.  Plus, we will be able to re-sign Lindholm to a much cheaper contract that Horvat.

you sure bout that?

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We don't need another 60 point centre.  We already have Lindholm who is better defensively than Horvat.  Plus, we will be able to re-sign Lindholm to a much cheaper contract that Horvat.

Yet, the word was Lindholm was looking for $7-8M a year. Something change?

6 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

you sure bout that?

Horvat in on pace for 69 points playing over 20 minutes a night as a 1C.  Not sure how anyone can say he is even in the ballpark of Petey in terms of production.  As for Lindholm, nobody is going to pay him $8 million.  Unless a dumb GM like Lamoriello wants to overpay.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

43 minutes ago, BPA said:

Supposedly the CAR trade offer was “overwhelming”.  So guessing, 2 roster player (Necas + Kot), 2 x 1st, and prospect.

And that's to be expected for an elite RFA.  If Petey was put on the trade market there would be a bidding war.

45 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Necas plus one of Pesce/Kotkaniemi, Nikishin and a 1st if Pettersson isn't willing to sign at a reasonable hit....yes please.

Future top 4 D of

Hughes, Hronek

Nikishin, Willander 

would be RIDICULOUS

Don’t forget Kudryavtsev or D-Petey on the bottom pairing. 😌

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, BPA said:

The pieces are what I guessed.  To me that package would be overwhelming.

IMG_5944.jpeg

6 pieces hey? overwhelming?

Necas + Kotka + Gleb Trikozov + Scott Morrow +  Dominic Bokk + Nikishin

Gitter dunn!

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes, he's on pace for 50 points.  That's what's changed.  If some idiot GM wants to pay him $8 million, then go ahead.  It won't be Allvin...

Well, seeing as how Friedman is actually connected (even though he does create clickbait sometimes) I'm going to take his information with a bit more certainty than your speculation.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RWJC said:

Exactamundo.

This next EP contract is to mitigate for future contract value increases across the NHL board. That’s why there is allegedly a 12+ figure floating around. You’re paying for the future and against what will be some major salary increases. Folks want to say he’s not worth this or that based on his career numbers or impact thus far but aren’t including in what is a major contributing factor …a player wanting hto earn commensurate with their peers over time, and larger salaries for higher profile players is a constant. 

Bingo...

mic drops...couldn't agree more if I tried. 
Wait and see what McD will get and eventually QH and Makar etc. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Horvat in on pace for 69 points playing over 20 minutes a night as a 1C.  Not sure how anyone can say he is even in the ballpark of Petey in terms of production.  As for Lindholm, nobody is going to pay him $8 million.  Unless a dumb GM like Lamoriello wants to overpay.

I am not a huge Horvat fan, I am glad he's gone, I think we are a better team without him but I think he has played better than a '60 point centre'.

Speculation is Lindy turned down 8 x $9m recently so if he can't get anywhere near that on the open market he duffed it pretty hard.  I think the dude wants to get paid in free agency - he has been underpaid for a long time.

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

True.... but prices will defo go up... always does. 

It's a good thing we have our core locked in then. If we are signing a silly contract it should be Hughes IMO. We can't afford 2 silly contracts. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Well time will tell...why don't you tell us how you really feel 🙂

PS. Think a lot of people here will be surprised over the contracts handed out the coming years with the rise in the cap...

Yeah, the flat cap artificially suppressed lot of contracts.  There will be an adjustment as the cap goes up every yr. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

It's a good thing we have our core locked in then. If we are signing a silly contract it should be Hughes IMO. We can't afford 2 silly contracts. 

Got a few good yrs left for QH and Demko at a steal.   That's why the window is now and the next few yrs.  QH likely will be highest paid Canucks in franchise history when he signs the next deal. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

6 pieces hey? overwhelming?

Necas + Kotka + Gleb Trikozov + Scott Morrow +  Dominic Bokk + Nikishin

Gitter dunn!

Sat seems like a nice and presentable guy, but I get the sense he has 0 legit connections in the industry.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Hammertime said:

If we only sign 1 silly contract it should be Hughes, but I think they got room for EP at 12 as well QH comes in once the worst of OEL cap is gone (I believe, but can't remember). 
I expect QH to command between 13-15M in 3 years. He is the most dynamic player I've seen in Canucks colour. Oceans of Ice time andinvolved in the majority of goals, when on the ice. He is one of a handful of Dmen in the NHL that controls the game, or at least can, from start to stop. 
He is NOT going to be cheap, if we are to keep him in Vancouver. 
Hopefully the lure of big dollars south of the border or a reunion with his brothers won't pry him away. Luckily we seem to have a close nit leadership team. 
Listening to Brock and Miller how much they like to play together is fabulous, especially knowing Brock and Petey are friends too. And Quinn is friends with everyone. 

Edited by spook007
Spelling.... again 🙄🙄
  • Cheers 1

The goal should be signing Petey long term and then planning to lock up Hughes long term. I understand the concerns about a player wanting out and why it is important to look at all options on the table (talking to Carolina for example).

But I still think Petey and Hughes are the main two pieces to our core and locking them up is priority. If they want to be here, get the contracts done. Miller is playing great, but he isn't the 1C we'll be relying on going forward for the next 8 plus years (Lindholm isn't either). 

• Like 1