[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

🤦‍♂️

“This team sucks right now”

So let’s dump one of our best players and make a franchise altering move at the deadline?

Some people really need to handle adversity better. 😂

Akira Kurosawa Arson GIF by Maudit

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

🤦‍♂️

“This team sucks right now”

So let’s dump one of our best players and make a franchise altering move at the deadline?

Some people really need to handle adversity better. 😂

Animated GIF

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Sometimes I wonder if these hyper reactive fans act like this in their day to day.

Must be quite chaotic. 😂

I mean I get it, I get annoyed with the team as well. But after the 2011 run it's hard to care much anymore, the NHL is such a shit show league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We don't need another 60 point centre.  We already have Lindholm who is better defensively than Horvat.  Plus, we will be able to re-sign Lindholm to a much cheaper contract that Horvat.

I haven't seen enough from Lindholm to warrant re-signing him at this point...There's still time but until he starts meshing and producing at a better rate I'm not overly excited about bringing him back.  

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Team goes on its first real losing skid of the season, and still holds a significant lead in standings, and some fans revert back to some f’d up air of entitlement. Idiotic. Try having some appreciation for what’s been accomplished thus far. This is a fucking dream come true for us fans, yet ppl still shitting all over this club. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

I mean I get it, I get annoyed with the team as well. But after the 2011 run it's hard to care much anymore, the NHL is such a shit show league.

NHL,NBA,NFL,MLB they're all shit shows in their own ways pick your poison haha 😄 

10 minutes ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-frank-j-selke-trophy-winners-complete-list-287904026

Petey is young and brings a lot more to the Canucks than just scoring if he has a long career I believe he will be on this list.

Only question mark is whether he's physically strong enough to accomplish what those other guys have done.

No matter what is going around, I truly believe, a new contract for Pettersson with the Canucks is very close to done, or is and are just working out the structure.

So many have their own ideas;

I listened intently last night to Pettersson's words on his post game and I've been around enough to know,

He doesn't think he's going anywhere, nor want's to.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Team goes on its first real losing skid of the season, and still holds a significant lead in standings, and some fans revert back to some f’d up air of entitlement. Idiotic.

Like kids having temper tantrums.

Some people need to learn to regulate better. 😂

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Oh right just a Hart and Art Ross.

Much easier to win…

You're just arguing for the sake of arguing.  I was replying to the poster about Petey being on the selke list.  What the hell does the Hart or art Ross have to do with that conversation?  Just admit you didn't read it correctly and move on man.

Just now, HKSR said:

You're just arguing for the sake of arguing.  I was replying to the poster about Petey being on the selke list.  What the hell does the Hart or art Ross have to do with that conversation?  Just admit you didn't read it correctly and move on man.

Nope read it fine.

You questioned whether he was physically strong enough.

So I brought up the Sedins who clearly struggled with strength and conditioning at 25. Then went on to be the best players in the league for two seasons in a row.

Make sense? Of course it does. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Nope read it fine.

So I brought up the Sedins who clearly struggled with strength and conditioning at 25. Then went on to be the best players in the league for two seasons in a row.

Ok then you don't understand correctly.  Nobody would be claiming Bergeron wasn't selke worthy because he couldn't win a Hart or Art Ross.  That's just stupid.  Shutting down other players around the league requires more physical ability than scoring the most points.  I thought that was clear because the Sedins, McDavid, and heck even Gretzky himself were not physical specimens.  Totally different roles buddy.  Figured it was obvious.  

20 minutes ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-frank-j-selke-trophy-winners-complete-list-287904026

Petey is young and brings a lot more to the Canucks than just scoring if he has a long career I believe he will be on this list.

Well... that's where the issue comes in. A year ago your statement is 100% correct. I doubt many fans would have argued with you....

But this year has been really interesting. The eye test is that Petey is mostly bringing ONLY scoring, and really the majority of that was during the middle 2 months of the season. 

He has definitely struggled defensively this year, and struggled being a real playmaker.

Makes some folks nervous about exactly what Petey we are going to get for the next 8 years, if that's indeed what happens.

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Nope read it fine.

Lol I just read what you wrote about me questioning Petey's physical ability.  Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.  Clearly we were talking about the selke, and I replied saying physically Petey may struggle to win a selke.  

You come along and argue about a player winning an art ross? What a dumb argument.  Maybe we should throw vezina and Norris in there too. Lmao. 

Make sense?  No it doesn't.  I don't think it makes sense for anybody but you.

Edited by HKSR
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Team goes on its first real losing skid of the season, and still holds a significant lead in standings, and some fans revert back to some f’d up air of entitlement. Idiotic. Try having some appreciation for what’s been accomplished thus far. This is a fucking dream come true for us fans, yet ppl still shitting all over this club. 

First day here? 😉 

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

17 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Only question mark is whether he's physically strong enough to accomplish what those other guys have done.

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Were the Sedins at his age?

16 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Which Sedin won a selke?

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Oh right just a Hart and Art Ross.

Much easier to win…

Stupid argument is a stupid argument.