[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

25 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Team goes on its first real losing skid of the season, and still holds a significant lead in standings, and some fans revert back to some f’d up air of entitlement. Idiotic. Try having some appreciation for what’s been accomplished thus far. This is a fucking dream come true for us fans, yet ppl still shitting all over this club. 

Fr if you told me in August we'd be any higher than a wild card team let alone at the top of the west I would've been ecstatic lol. I understand criticism and when it's warranted but like I keep saying, if this is how this portion of fans react to our first real skid of the year it's a wonder how they made it through the last 6-7 years. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Pears said:

Fr if you told me in August we'd be any higher than a wild card team let alone at the top of the west I would've been ecstatic lol. I understand criticism and when it's warranted but like I keep saying, if this is how this portion of fans react to our first real skid of the year it's a wonder how they made it through the last 6-7 years. 

Skid lol. This is a complete disappearing act compared to the team before the ASG. 

• chaos 1

15 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Lol I just read what you wrote about me questioning Petey's physical ability.  Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.  Clearly we were talking about the selke, and I replied saying physically Petey may struggle to win a selke.  

You come along and argue about a player winning an art ross? What a dumb argument.  Maybe we should throw vezina and Norris in there too. Lmao. 

Make sense?  No it doesn't.  I don't think it makes sense for anybody but you.

Clearly I’ve triggered you cause you couldn’t understand a very basic point I was making.

Also the Hart is a pretty hard trophy to win. Pretty sure you need some physical strength. 😂

Carry on.

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Clearly I’ve triggered you cause you couldn’t understand a very basic point I was making.

Also the Hart is a pretty hard trophy to win. Pretty sure you need some physical strength. 😂

Carry on.

Buddy, your reply looked really stupid.  You should have just said you misread it and moved on.  I even gave you that opening.  Instead you put up a fight, so I'm calling you out for a stupid argument.

6 minutes ago, Dom said:

Skid lol. This is a complete disappearing act compared to the team before the ASG. 

5-6-2 since isn't the doomsday event you're making it out to be. 

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Only thing that gives me some comfort is 4 other top 10 teams are also struggling right now (in the last 10):

Boston 3-2-5

Dallas 4-3-3

Vegas 4-5-1

Avs 5-4-1

Canucks 4-5-1

Oilers 5-4-1 as well

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dom said:

…which is what happens when a team is on a skid. They play as a shell of their capability. 

what are you so bothered by that you think this team is the drizzling shits? And what is your solution? 

let’s hear it 

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

5-6-2 since isn't the doomsday event you're making it out to be. 

Losses to the Bruins/Kings/Pens/Jets/Avs/Wings/Wild/Kraken 

Wins vs the Canes/Caps/Hawks/Wings/Bruins 

Not impressive at all lol. 

1W-6L in last 7. 

I haven't seen any signs of them turning it around again, outside of the Bruins W, which was then followed by 2 epic fails again. 

Can they, sure, but idk how. 

Edited by Dom

At this point they've just got to ink the deal to turn the season around and stop the losing streak. I know we've still got a healthy lead on Vegas and our goal should just be to win the division, nothing else, but we've got to show that we can stop losing streaks because all it takes is one little one in the playoffs and we're done. Not many teams go all season without losing 3 in a row but we're just compounding mistakes right now with no way out which is the worry.

Put pen to paper, get Petey focussed again and our season will turn back around.

2 hours ago, Whorvat said:

Love Petey, but you always do whats best for the franchise

I don't think he should be making 3-4m more than the teams heart JT Miller. So if the market dictates it, or he thinks hes worth it, we should trade him for a kings ransom

And when Miller regresses in 2-3 years, are we still not going to pay a star to take over for Miller?

Gotta remember we are paying for 8 years of Petey prime time... JT is playing well beyond his contract just now, but the low cap is likely because we will still be paying him, when he doesn't live up to his contract any longer...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RWJC said:

…which is what happens when a team is on a skid. They play as a shell of their capability. 

what are you so bothered by that you think this team is the drizzling shits? And what is your solution? 

let’s hear it 

Watch them play lol how can you tell me they aren't the drizzling shits? 

I wish I could tell you what the solution is... 

I'd probably start by trading Mikheyev and benching Cole the second Soucy gets back. 

What I'd like to see:

Greenway-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-Pettersson-Lafferty

Joshua-Lindholm-Garland

Suter-Blueger-Duhaime

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Soucy

Myers-Juulsen

Edited by Dom
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

The Sedins were late bloomers. Very few players who have blossomed suddenly hit another level and go full megazord. 

League Of Legends Esports GIF by SK Gaming

True, but it does happen Hammer 🙂

Miller... although he was better in the beginning of his career... He got a new lease of life in Vancouver... 

Don't think anyone foresaw Miller becoming the force his been last few years... 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Dom said:

Watch them play lol how can you tell me they aren't the drizzling shits? 

I wish I could tell you what the solution is... 

I'd probably start by trading Mikheyev and benching Cole the second Soucy gets back. 

What I'd like to see:

Greenway-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-Pettersson-Lafferty

Joshua-Lindholm-Garland

Suter-Blueger-Duhaime

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Soucy

Myers-Juulsen

They aren’t the drizzling shits though. They are just exhausted and worn down from playing at what has been an incredibly torrid pace previous to this part of the season, whether that individual or team based.

this lull is part and parcel with being a strong club. Look at the other teams who have gone through it who are considered strong cup candidates. It just happens. Doesn’t mean you blow shit up or start punishing your players. You take the foot off the pedal for a couple days, get some rest, lighten the mood, and remind the roster that they have played a certain way that has enabled them to be league darlings, and that’s what it’s going to take as a standard going forward. 
again, look at where this club was this time last year to this year and that should tell you how much effort has already been left on the ice. Just need a regroup and that mostly happens organically. 

i agree in that I think a big body in the top 9 would add to this club and maybe assist in creating space at both ends of the rink, but you can’t mess around too much with chemistry when you have it. 

I view a very simple way of turning things around and that is:

a) allow the players a little rest, including and especially Demko

b) quit cheating the play and stay on man. Quit puck chasing and play man coverage. It’s easier and demands less energy. It also creates turnovers and we have players who excel at doing just this. 

c) remind Hronek he’s better on ice than in the box

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Not much I’d be interested in from Carolina unless they’re offering up Svechnikov.

Dont need late 1sts or prospects right now. Need impact players that move the needle for us.

In the proposed package I listed earlier (Necas plus one of Pesce/Kotkaniemi, Nikishin and a 1st), you're getting two players we can use now, Necas replacing a good deal of losing Pettersson's offensive #'s. Hell, you could probably even flip the late first in part of a package for a Guentzel or similar.

(Assuming Pettersson won't sign a reasonable extension), if you can add some mix of those guys AND add a future top 4 like Nikishin...yes please!

4 minutes ago, spook007 said:

True, but it does happen Hammer 🙂

Miller... although he was better in the beginning of his career... He got a new lease of life in Vancouver... 

Don't think anyone foresaw Miller becoming the force his been last few years... 

Solid argument. We do often see this with power forwards where they go from servicable middle 6ers to franchise players as they approach 30. It's rare with more finesse players though. Not saying it doesn't happen. it's just more rare. I doubt Pete is going to go from 100pt player to 130 point player but i'd love to see it. 

Edited by Hammertime
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Solid argument. We do often see this with power forwards where they go from servicable middle 6ers to franchise players as they approach 30. It's rare with more finesse players though. Not saying it doesn't happen. it's just more rare. I doubt Pete is going to go from 100pt player to 130 point player but i'd love to see it. 

Lets just say fingers crossed provided he stays 🙂

• ThereItIs 1