[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

40 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

If we got Necas back in  a deal, and we didn't have to pay Pettersson +4 million more than Miller for a team that's trying to win now, then sign me up. I'm HUGE on Necas. When he's on, I consider him one of the most fun players in the league to watch.

Necas is one of the fastest players in the league and definitely fun to watch when on. I would love to acquire him to play with Pettersson. However, I wouldn't trade Pettersson for Necas, it's too much of a downgrade. I would certainly consider Pettersson for Aho one-for-one though due to the potential difference in cap hits next season.

I think a trade with Carolina would be great for us if EP dicks around and doesn't sign by tdl.

They could give us two pieces we could use now,plus a prospect or two and a first.That would be a home run.

We could then resign Lindy and others plus go after another player at tdl and have a better team for playoffs and going forward.

2 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

We could then resign Lindy and others plus go after another player at tdl and have a better team for playoffs and going forward.

What part of Lindholm's play so far makes you want to give him a bunch of money and years to stick around? Or do you feel that we paid so much to get him that we have to resign him now? 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

I think a trade with Carolina would be great for us if EP dicks around and doesn't sign by tdl.

They could give us two pieces we could use now,plus a prospect or two and a first.That would be a home run.

Keep JK and Jarvis and trade the first (and other picks) for another guy who’s good? Like we did in the Horvat deal? 

I honestly think with DJ out of the lineup good ole Tocc Rocket pulled out the blender and did the "well if we are going to find out now is the time!"

Having Petey play with what at times have been 3rd line players and a rookie? 

And now this drama-rama that is Van. media and fans, I think Petey is handling himself very well right now, hopefully he signs and they move on to The Dance. 

(The Dance is the playoffs it appears some posters might now know that)

Go Petey  

11 minutes ago, Dom said:

Where did I say he was? 

It's implied you think he's a problem when you continue to beat a dead horse about how you think he is a "giveaway machine".  Dude has been a breath of fresh air as a UFA signing.

4 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

It's implied you think he's a problem when you continue to beat a dead horse about how you think he is a "giveaway machine".  Dude has been a breath of fresh air as a UFA signing.

Lol maybe read man... all I said is he isn't a top 4. 

52 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

What part of Lindholm's play so far makes you want to give him a bunch of money and years to stick around? Or do you feel that we paid so much to get him that we have to resign him now? 

I believe most people understand that his asking price isint what he’s going to get, his 2 way play is outstanding well he’s learning a new system with what 4 goals in 12 games? I think Lindholm could be had between 6-7 million anyone with a brain sees the upside there…

1 hour ago, Dom said:

He's actually ranked 4th on the Canucks for giveaways, with Myers right behind him in 5th. 

But the actual volume of turnovers is low. Not only that if you take into account dzone guys are under far more pressure, constantly being forechecked, time and space limited, passing lanes disappearing, outlets being covered… they have to think and act so much faster and in under high pressure situations. There is not enough respect given to guys who take on the high pressure situations and rarely turn it over. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Pears said:

1) Zadorov and Soucy are both capable top 4 dmen so I'm really not sure why you're getting bent out of shape over this. 2) It does matter when we've been significantly better with both of them in the lineup as opposed to when they aren't. 

Our record is better with Dakota Joshua in the lineup, doesn't make him a 1st line player.

Both Zadorov and soucy are better than Juulsen so of course we are better with them in the lineup. This isn't rocket science and nobody doubted that.

Deny and deflect all you want. It doesn't change the fact that neither is a top 4 defenseman.

1 hour ago, Bobby James said:

I just think he has more to give.Give him a deal soon with his play he would sign a cheaper one.

Im a year or two he could be a great 3rd line center.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Keep JK and Jarvis and trade the first (and other picks) for another guy who’s good? Like we did in the Horvat deal? 

That unless someone falls a bit that management likes.

Or try and move up at the draft to get a great player.

• Vintage 1

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We don't need another 60 point centre.  We already have Lindholm who is better defensively than Horvat.  Plus, we will be able to re-sign Lindholm to a much cheaper contract that Horvat.

I don't know that Lindholm is better than horvat sorry.  Plus it's reported that lindholm wants 9 and he'll be over 30.  You'll never convince me that Lindholm is the better deal.  Also screw assists....horvat gets 30 goals on this team he's tougher and has more character.

Edited by ronning4center
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, ronning4center said:

I don't know that Lindholm is better than horvat sorry.  Plus it's reported that lindholm wants 9 and he'll be over 30.  You'll never convince me that Lindholm is the better deal.  Also screw assists....horvat gets 30 goals on this team he's tougher and has more character.

Hotfat Wallet is a seriously selfish puck sucker. He’s managed to drag a good Islanders’ club to the bottom of their division. 

• Wiener 1

11 minutes ago, ronning4center said:

Horvats as tough as Connor Garland 

• ThereItIs 1