[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

There is zero chance the deal is for less than $11.5 per. He’s not going to agree to take less than Nylander. 

I’d say it’s going to be $12 million. There is a slight chance it could be higher at $12.5 million. 

11.75m x 8

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

There is zero chance the deal is for less than $11.5 per. He’s not going to agree to take less than Nylander. 

I’d say it’s going to be $12 million. There is a slight chance it could be higher at $12.5 million. 

The term might be 3 or 4 years. Then the yearly cap allocation would come down. Could be 4 x 10.5? 

11 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I seem to recall Petey saying something along the lines of Nylander's deal will have no bearing on his deal... that we will see once it's done.  Hope that means he's signing a team friendly deal and that it doesn't mean he's signing a massive one in comparison.

Are you literally just making stuff up?  🤨

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

There will be some with trade him he is under contract for 8 years.Take a haul

I'll trade anyone- if the return is worth it.

If you don't have a NMC/NTC I'll shop  players.- and as a G.M. I'd only have maybe sign 1 NTC on my team. On this team I'd save that for Quinn Hughes.

Think it was Wally Buono that said words like

" My job as G.M. is to find players better than you".

• Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

27 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

I am hoping that Petey signs a Crosby-like deal.  That is, less than market value so they can afford better players.

Whether Petey signs for $10M or $12M, he's going to be filthy stinking rich regardless.

Crosby signed for 8.7x12. That’s over $13 million on an 8 year deal. And it was signed 10 years ago. So he didn’t really take a team friendly deal. They were allowed at the time to sign 12 year deals so that lowered the AAV to help with the cap. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Dom said:

9.5Mx8 - shocks the hockey universe. 

It would not, if Vancouver committed to not trading him. Petey always said he was a Canucks fan and if he wants to start more than a one shot year, this would be his best route to follow. Knowing how many UFA's we have, a couple RFA's.

He might want to win 3 stanley cups and be here for them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

I am hoping that Petey signs a Crosby-like deal.  That is, less than market value so they can afford better players.

Whether Petey signs for $10M or $12M, he's going to be filthy stinking rich regardless.

Crosby's deal was signed in 2012 and was 14.5% of the cap. In today's cap world, that's $12.72M per year. His deal wasn't as good as people think, it was just really long and people forget about inflation, so it looks like a steal now.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Stupid Nylander isn’t worth his contract but Petey will be 

• Upvote 1

Just now, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

It would not, if Vancouver committed to not trading him. Petey always said he was a Canucks fan and if he wants to start more than a one shot year, this would be his best route to follow. Knowing how many UFA's we have, a couple RFA's.

He might want to win 3 stanley cups and be here for them.

It might not shock you, but it definitely would shock the hockey world. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if he signs in short order. So many people giving me hell yesterday for being chill about the situation can eat my butt if he signs.

How are you planning to live the rest of your life buttless? 🙂 

15 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Gross hope its a sign and trade

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if he signs in short order. So many people giving me hell yesterday for being chill about the situation can eat my butt if he signs.

I wouldn't be surprised if all the media hype's actually made him want to sign sooner than later. It seems pretty evident he hasn't been playing his best lately and I have a hard time not thinking all of this publicity hasn't gotten to him on the ice.

People have been insanely silly the past week or so. So much so that I've felt like I've had to ignore media feeds, tweets, etc, just so I didn't have to hear all of it... and apparently how dare me for being patient with the signing.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

@LillStrimma

@DeltaSwede

Can you translate this quote?  Does it actually say that Petey will take less than Nylander?

IMG_0716.png

I don't think it says he will take less.  I think it just says something along the lines of Nylander's deal doesn't have a bearing on his deal and that we'll see once he's signed.

• Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

That's because they could only sign one of Miller or Horvat.  Horvat was younger and would likely net a better return in a trade but who saw Miller with 99 points?  They were pretty similar before that happened and Millers time horizon was shorter.

But anyhow I started this comparison between Miller and Petey because this season he is outperforming Petey.  Shall we say that Miller is mature and has reached his ceiling while Petey has not yet reached his ceiling?

What I saw last night makes me uncertain that Miller has reached his ceiling. 🤩

Petey isn't even close to his ceiling at 25yrs old.  Hopefully, with the contract

signed, he can loosen up and return to form.

• Cheers 1