[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

1 minute ago, Nucker67 said:

I find Swedes are a lot more polite than Americans

its funny, because we pretty much have core pieces of both the Swedish and American olympic teams. Milano is going to be hard for Canadian Canucks fans. 

20 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

All the crap garbage noise about he and Miller not being BFF's. If there's one thing this fanbase could really learn it's NOT to create or buy into drama.

I love that we have them both on board....it shows the room IS buying in to this team and on the same page. They've battled through adversity together and that can really be team bonding. I see their  (JT/Petey's) relationship like big/little brother stuff. JT likes to kid and Petey likely "gets" his sense of humour now and isn't intimidated by or worried about it.

Miller and Pettersson are very good friends. The way they were carrying on at the All star break was nothing less then hilarious.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Keeping talent in Canada is so hard now, this is pretty impressive. He could have easily pulled a Tkachuk and not looked back. 

Well said ,The lure of being an anonymous high end hockey player south of the border has to be strong .

• ThereItIs 1

Yes!

This is a very good piece of business and good on Petey to agree to terms as he could have held out for more.

Petey is worth this money now and he will gain strength, and experience. With cap continuing to rise this is going aged very well to take him to 33 YO.

He may not be the best guy in the media but he is a top 10 player in the league. Also the only playoff experience he did have he showed he can step up when it really counts.

He also has the drive to always want to improve so I don't see him being that player like Dubois that relaxes once he's paid.

All we need is a solid winger for him to mesh with like JT has with Brock.

JB wouldn't have gotten this deal I believe.

JR/PA have the ice in the veins!

7 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

agent happy of course 

"Intention was always to try and get something done before the dealine"

Well , so much for not negotiating till the off season.

It's almost like people will say things, but do different things; or they say things that are not true.

Or they say things that they think will take some heat off.

I'm really beginning to think that folks, who take written and spoken word as gospel, are very naïve.

2 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

This is a good deal I think, thought it would be higher AAV. Sets a good bar for Boeser and Hronek... Either resign for a reasonable amount or move on.

yep. Miller did it, now Petey. If we could somehow land both Hronek and Lindholm in the 6s we're set for a long span of playoff chances. 

• Like 1

I wonder if Petey will feel a bit awkward walking into the Canucks locker room, seeing Miller, and knowing he's going to be making $3.6 more than him. 

Canucks will lose some players next year, so I hope Allvin can bring in a couple of good players before the TDL and the team can amp it up down the stretch and into playoffs. Would love to see Petey take his game to another level, play hungry.

1 minute ago, igorwasgreat said:

Well said ,The lure of being an anonymous high end hockey player south of the border has to be strong .

oh yeah, more money (less tax), warm weather, anonymity, etc. has to be hard to say no to. 

Plus, up here guys get all the hard media attention with very few sponsorship opportunities to balance that out. You really have to like it here. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I was there. Was a sad day.  

My grandma died a few days later unexpectedly from a fall.  At least the game made me fly back home and got to see her before she passed.   

• Huggy Bear 4

3 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I wonder if Petey will feel a bit awkward walking into the Canucks locker room, seeing Miller, and knowing he's going to be making $3.6 more than him. 

Canucks will lose some players next year, so I hope Allvin can bring in a couple of good players before the TDL and the team can amp it up down the stretch and into playoffs. Would love to see Petey take his game to another level, play hungry.

Sorry friend but guys like Miller and Petey (and most of these players) don’t think that way. They want to win and don’t care about the cost to get there. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Petey and Miller locked up long term 

tenor.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1