[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

8 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Yup.  
Last year he sucked. 
This year he sucks. 
He isn’t going to get paid from his performance 2 seasons ago.  
Honestly, I really hope we flip him at the deadline next week. 
He hasn’t been good at all and I really don’t want to see him resigned then pull a Loui for the next 6 years.  

‘Little things’ get little pay cheques unless you are also doing the big things

We won't be seeing a Deadline deal but unless he cranks it up offensively he's a rental unless he signs for 5M or so.

Really thought him and Petey would have had chemistry and they still might, fingers crossed

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Where’s all the haters at now? Where’d all the shit talkers go? How fucking embarrassing that must be to turn on a franchise player so fucking fast and then see him sign with money still on the table and full term. 

Someone needs a hug 

in love omg GIF by Music Choice

• Huggy Bear 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Miller fans: "It was all just media noise Miller was always the best player the entire time last year"

Also Miller fans: "Petey is so skinny and lazy, why isn't he signing for $8M??"

Not this Miller fan.

Also a Petey fan.

People just love to scream about something...that's what I'm noticing. It's a flavour of the week thing and they like to be heard. I like to turn down the volume.

• Like 1
  • MillerTime 1

No information or insight to add. Just want to jump in. For a while now I have been saying that, with Nylander signing for 11.5, it would be hard to see Petey much below 12 but that I personally would not want to go as high 12. That did not leave a lot of wiggle room but I have to give credit to Canuck management (and Petey) for finding the sweet spot.

I am happy with the 11.6 number. It is still a big number -- obviously a lot more the Miller and Hughes are getting, so he needs to go out an earn it.

I can believe that he has felt under a lot of pressure for the past week or so and maybe this will help him get back to his "A" game.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, -dlc- said:

Not this Miller fan.

Also a Petey fan.

People just love to scream about something...that's what I'm noticing. It's a flavour of the week thing and they like to be heard. I like to turn down the volume.

Honestly though The Dude needs to bulk/toughen up… 

This Is Real Donald Trump GIF by Jeff Dunham

• Cheers 2

Just now, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Honestly though The Dude needs to bulk/toughen up… 

This Is Real Donald Trump GIF by Jeff Dunham

I don't agree. He's shown "toughness" in that he isn't afraid to hit.

Balance/core/stability work.

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Where’s all the haters at now? Where’d all the shit talkers go? How fucking embarrassing that must be to turn on a franchise player so fucking fast and then see him sign with money still on the table and full term. 

Money still on the table lol? He signed for like what 400K less than expected? Can’t really call this a steal of a deal. It’s just fair. Not great not bad.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

Let's see if his play now returns to an 11.6 million dollar level. Hope it does!

Even if he is not crazy hot this season or next, eventually he will be a bargain, like the JT contract.

This is a great contract and I hope they are not tempted by all the trade offers they are going to get now for next 2 years when NMC kicks in.

• Cheers 1