[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

3 minutes ago, BPA said:

Brock to be resigned by TDL next year at the very latest.  Been a career 50-60pt player and finally looks to be an 30g 80pt player. BUT one good season doesn’t guarantee anything.  So thinking between $7-8M.  Should be closer to $7M though.

Demko has 2 more years left.  And he’ll be about 31yr old when it’s up.  Maybe $6-7M if he continues to perform.  Or maybe he’s traded if Silovs makes the jump to the NHL.  Lots of time to figure out Demko.

I think the timing of Brock and Demmers might be this summer BEFORE all the other UFA's and RFA's after we win the Stanley Cup. When we win, we got to lock down Boeser and Demko before giving out any more cap, let everyone else go! Except Hogz, Podz, Lekermaki, you know, the next gen core.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Tocchet only plays him 17 minutes a night. That's #6 on our team, that contract is most likely some of the fat that has to be trimmed with the OEL penalty coming. He's a nice luxury for now.

Yeah.  I hope they can keep him.  Zads brings the toughness that the team sorely lacks.  Love him and Juulsen laying those big hits.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I honestly think Lindholm could still be swapped before tdl if management think things aren't working out like they thought. 

This could be interesting. I never really thought of flipping him. He doesn't seem to be much of an asset. I know the whole team is struggling, so might be too soon to give up just ... but if the choice is lose him for nothing in the summer, or try and get some of those assets back... maybe they do move him. 

7 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I really don't think we've seen the best EP yet.

Points wise perhaps, hard to get far beyond 100, but as far as a complete game & consistency there's still more to come imo.

THIS^^^^^^

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

I think the timing of Brock and Demmers might be this summer BEFORE all the other UFA's and RFA's after we win the Stanley Cup. When we win, we got to lock down Boeser and Demko before giving out any more cap, let everyone else go! Except Hogz, Podz, Lekermaki, you know, the next gen core.

Yup.  Need to work those prospects in to keep the cap down.  Or sign players like Joshua who play above their cap hit.  It’s like found money.  It’s why I hope Bains can do well and stick around.  Local boy and keeps the cap down.

8 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

4th O/A Jesse Puliujarvi....Oh wait he's only 25....we'll see how him and Petey do over the next 5 years. LOL

I shouldn't laugh to hard...we took Olli Juolevi with the next pick at 5th O/A

I must have missed Pulljujarvi put up 100+ points…

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

So jacked up on this (and coffee) that I can't focus on anything else.

How am I supposed to get things done today when I could just sit & bask in the glow of this deal?? 😂

I've been doing that. Yep.

Just soak it all in.

It's a good day, folks. Our team wanting to be here/together shows that we're in good shape. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Only a 13 game sample in Vancouver over one month, February. He has a half a point per game in that time while adjusting to new team, new linemates, new city, juggling his personal life to fit the new reality, et cetera. I will see how his last month of the season goes before making such a judgement. 

Yep... look how much Horvat improved this year over last. It can take a while to fit in sometimes.

Might still be tough to keep him, but maybe the city and the team are enough of a draw for him.

• MillerTime 1

1 minute ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Was this ever the narrative? I always thought it was a Miller vs Horvat narrative people though was going on. Maybe I miss remember it

I mean they’re clearly very different people. But who cares?

Not everyone on a team of 23 guys is gonna be best friends. Can they win together is all that matters.

5 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Was this ever the narrative? I always thought it was a Miller vs Horvat narrative people though was going on. Maybe I miss remember it

Recently, yes.  Lots of bs swirling around out there. 

It just shifts from one to the next. Was Horvat, then Petey/Miller.

I hope it stops and people learn.

6 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

"“The more talks I had with Jim and Patrik, the more clear both [sides] wanted this to be done”

Confirmed, we can no longer believe what a player, or management says regarding contract talks.

Seems people will say stuff that isn't true.

"not negotiating'

'during talks'

I always wanted to stay here.

funny pr work.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dannydog said:

Agreed, should work out with Hoggy. Working on his core strength is a must.

They should both unicycle up Grouse, juggling as they go

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

20 minutes ago, Bardown said:

If he IMPROVES, from what’s already solid it’s a BARGAIN.

If he doesn’t it’s still a good deal 

read the post before you attack people dude 

you consider a pinch on the cheek an ‘attack’? That was pretty mild for DeNiro standards. I do agree with your take on bargain vs ok deal tho.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Blitz-Pix said:

I was responding to this part of your post. 

What players haven’t improved between the ages of 25-30?

I mean you could pick a lot of busts that didn’t improve I suppose.

Improving for Puljujarvi would look a lot different than Petey. Simply becoming a regular NHLer would be his goal right now.

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Lock said:

What's funny to me are the people who were like "it's clear Pettersson doesn't want to be here". I hope those people learn a lesson from this not to just assume the worst because those people just look like complete trolls now.

And so certain, too. 

This place is filled with missed lessons.

• Cheers 2

A big part of winning a cup is always having the talent of course, but as importantly that the “team” is a team and plays and cares for each other and playing for the city. 

As a fan since the 70’s I’m ecstatic that Petey has committed to this group and city, it was my one concern and worry given the reluctance to sign and rumours of short term etc.

This group is almost as talented as the 2011 and 1994 teams, and probably more so skill wise. 

If Alvin and JR can bring in or develop the players to support these guys I do think we finally win a cup.

Petey signing long term also gives me

comfort that Quinn, Demko and Boeser will want to stay as well. 

GCG! 

• Like 2