[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

1 minute ago, Joe King said:

I think this as well. Now they know where the stand with Petey and can move forward accordingly.

Not to mention it probably takes alot of mental energy dealing with the media always asking about Petey.

Now they can fully focus on the deadline.

6 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Maybe don't speak for me either though. It wasn't the media that made me restless. It was Petterssons Play this year, plus the fact we are/were #1 in the standings and some long term decisions needed to be made plus we have other players to sign, plus we're approaching the TDL and management needs to have an idea of this team's future.

Just because someone disagrees with you isn't a reason to assume they are stupid and you are smart.

I'm not assuming anything.  You admit you were 'restless' by Pettersson's play.  I was not, that's all. You assumed all fans were as paranoid as yourself. They weren't.  I do think the media shitshow affected his play though.  If media had lived up to their bargain, and shut their collective mouths, would Petey even had a regression?, if you can call it that

I doubt it.  But I also concede that asking some of the floozies in the sports media to not be dickheads and piss in the punchbowl is probably a near impossible request.

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Remember the Leafs did that a few years ago ???

Signed the wrong player to a huge contract. Can't remember the player.. maybe someone can refresh my memory...

It was hilarious..

The BC Lions once drafted a guy who had passed away. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

He wasn't coming to the table. .....

His own words were he wanted to wait until the summer...

lt got to a point where they were talking trade with Carolina. And had to tell the kid sign or we're trading you...

Are you living in an alternate reality???  Must be fun...

He literally said they’ve been talking all year 

go listen to / watch the presser 

alternate reality?

I love it when people talk out of their ass without facts 

Edited by Bardown

1 minute ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

I wasn't so much of a FA fan the last # of years, but this move and a complete reno of a now first class facility for the players has been great.

FA is at last doing a good job of bringing in the right group of management and paying for what they  decide is best. We’re lucky to have an owner with seemingly unlimited pockets and willing to reach into them. 

Imagine how happy these players will be when they get their own practise facility. 

• ThereItIs 1

Richest contract in Canucks' history provides Pettersson relief, team clarity

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/pettersson-extension-by-canucks-will-help-define-reign-of-allvin-rutherford/

“For us to succeed ... everything is trending in the right direction,” Pettersson said at a Saturday morning press conference in Vancouver. “And the more I saw it — I always wanted to stay — but the more I saw it, just made it even more clear.”

Trapped in a slump that has seen him score one goal in 10 games and manage just three points during the Canucks’ current 1-5-1 slide, Pettersson was clearly relieved Saturday to move beyond the burden of contract negotiations and the intense speculation about his future that had become a distraction.

“I mean, of course, I'm human,” he said. “But I know what I was getting myself into, and I know it was going to be a big decision. That's why I wanted to wait to make sure I make the right decision for my life personally. And I am super happy with that, and super excited to be here.”

“I mean, it's a city that breathes hockey,” Pettersson said today of Vancouver. “Fans are passionate.

Also, I think it is very similar to Sweden in some way.

That's what I realized right away when I got over here (in 2018). It's always felt like home and I always felt peaceful living here. So, non-hockey wise, I've always been happy living here.”

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Really happy that the media vultures won’t get to circle this summer.

I’m sure they were already busy concocting new rumours and conjuring up more BS.

Oh and poor Elliotte will be out of content for his 32 “thoughts”. 🥲

Oh we have lots of UFA's let's fire up the Hronek trade rumors. I'm only saying this jokingly. His value has never been better. Sell sell sell. 

In seriousness, I hope we can lock him up @ 7.8m. It was a great move by MGMT bringing him in. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

The way I understand it is the taxes are paid based on where the games are play'd maybe someone who knows this stuff can clarify. So while the difference is 53.09% vs 41.06% when the dust settles the take home difference is maybe 700ish K on 11.6m? I'm foggy on it though so 

Stephen Curry Bae GIF by MOODMAN

Gavingroup calculator.   It's got the cities in there.   The disparity is real.  53% compared to as little as 36.6% ...  Half the games are at home.   Right.   Then there are the Canadian games, and the Jock State tax games (Cali and NY).     JT Miller, lost over 500k per year on his last deal, the moment he was traded to the Canucks.   So for EP that's over 1 ...  Also why TO's deals are very high for their star players.  

When the Sedins signed their second to last deals, BC and Alberta taxes were identical.    That's what an NDP government does.   Went from 47% to 53%.    Nothing against that really.   Aside from the Canucks having to deal with it. 

Always felt Barkov was the best comp.  Add 5% for cap going up.   Or 550k, and some for taxes and this is what we get. 

IMG_3728.png

IMG_3729.png

Edited by IBatch
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, HKSR said:

If Hronek comes in at over 8.4m, then management failed.

I think maybe we will start to see player see that the organization is turning a corner, and that something is brewing here. Miller took a little less to remain. Petey took a little less to remain. Could it be possible to see Hronek take less to remain and be a part of something special here? 

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

I think maybe we will start to see player see that the organization is turning a corner, and that something is brewing here. Miller took a little less to remain. Petey took a little less to remain. Could it be possible to see Hronek take less to remain and be a part of something special here? 

I think Hronek takes term to sign for less. He’s only 25. 8 yrs 7.25 aav 

3 hours ago, Gurn said:

Fake news.

I have it on firm authority, from multiple posters that Petey will not negotiate or sign until the off season.

All else is just cruel supposition.

Well, that news originated from Petey himself, so it isn't really fake news.  I find all the claims

that selfish Petey is holding out for $12.5m-$13m 'cause they heard it somewhere as well as

the 'factual' rumours that EP didn't want to be in Vancouver.  So many examples of fake news

in the old EP contract thread.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Bardown said:

He literally said they’ve been talking all year 

go listen to / watch the presser 

alternate reality?

I love it when people talk out of their ass without facts 

OMG lol

And you're the one selling other people bridges in Alaska or cheap water front properties in Florida ???

Have a good day Einstein.. Clearly you're too smart for me ...  

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Wiener 1

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Gavingroup calculator.   It's got the cities in there.   The disparity is real.  53% compared to as little as 36.6% ...  Half the games are at home.   Right.   Then there are the Canadian games, and the Jock State tax games (Cali and NY).     JT Miller, lost over 500k per year on his last deal, the moment he was traded to the Canucks.   So for EP that's over 1 ...  Also why TO's deals are very high for their star players.  

When the Sedins signed their second to last deals, BC and Alberta taxes were identical.    That's what an NDP government does.   Went from 47% to 53%.    Nothing against that really.   Aside from the Canucks having to deal with it. 

Right that's what I looked at since the difference in take home was 1.396m between the 2 cities I just kinda halfed it as they'll only play half the games at home and so will we. obviously that's not very precice but I figured it was at least ball park. 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

The way I understand it is the taxes are paid based on where the games are play'd maybe someone who knows this stuff can clarify. So while the difference is 53.09% vs 41.06% when the dust settles the take home difference is maybe 700ish K on 11.6m? I'm foggy on it though so 

Stephen Curry Bae GIF by MOODMAN

IMG_3730.png

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Really happy that the media vultures won’t get to circle this summer.

I’m sure they were already busy concocting new rumours and conjuring up more BS.

Oh and poor Elliotte will be out of content for his 32 “thoughts”. 🥲

Of course they will circle. That's what they do and how they get paid. No readers or listeners, no revenue. It's a funny relationship fans have with the media; the fans are harshly critical of the media, yet they rely on the media for news and views. Almost like complaining that someone repeatedly punched you in the face after you told them repeatedly to punch you in the face.