[Trade] Dallas Stars acquire Chris Tanev (50% retained by CGY, 25% retained by NJD) and Cole Brady for Artem Grushnikov, 2024 2nd round pick, conditional 3rd round pick

1 minute ago, Dom said:

I truly think this makes the Stars the front runners in the West. 

Stars vs Panthers final wouldn't shock me at all. 

The Stars? 
We take them out in maybe five games. Tanev, if healthy, might give them a 6th game.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

We need a Matinook style forward more than a defenseman right now.  And we've got Soucy coming back. If we can dump Mik's contract we could target a big man that is primo on the forecheck and netfront.

Tanev is ok but not a huge upgrade on our bottom pairing.  I like Juulsen,Soucy and Cole. And saving our assets.

• Like 1

Soon as the boys on my beer league team were cellying in our team chat, I reminded them that if Tanev were really worth the hype he would have fetched a lot more than this. Love Dad, but I honestly think we are working on something bigger like Walker or maybe Zub. Also, I liken Tanev coming back to VAN like B Wags going back to Seattle. He is a respected leader and one who provides grit, but does he really move the needle on the ice/field anymore? I would personally rather have a younger dman with more future upside and less injury history if we are going to give up any more assets. Once again I love me some Dad, but not at future asset costs when we could get him in FA if so desired. 

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, LillStrimma said:

Well, you want Petey out of the Canucks and if so it’s much bigger… 😂

I never said I want him out. I said I am open to it. Aka not gonna lose my mind if we trade him. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, 24K said:

I never said I want him out. I said I am open to it. Aka not gonna lose my mind if we trade him. 

With JR/PA making that deal it’s 100% certain we come out a better club. Thank Goodness Benning (who never wanted Petey) is no longer here. 

• ThereItIs 1

33 minutes ago, Dom said:

I truly think this makes the Stars the front runners in the West. 

Stars vs Panthers final wouldn't shock me at all. 

They have a good shot at coming out of the central, they may very well be 

The difference between them, Colorado, Winnipeg and us is that the aforementioned three teams have been playing playoff hockey or going deep (Colorado, Dallas) in recent years whereas this is our first crack at the playoffs in a while 

I root for the Canucks but the Stars are a very good team, bringing in Tanev addressed their biggest team weakness, top 4 RD

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I hate Sallad and this doesn't improve my view of them.

If we're burning more assets it has to be for players with term left.

I do think it shows us Myers trade value - too low to bother moving him. Better to keep 🦒 for a run.

That depends... Can you use some of those assets to flip for a younger guy like Zub, with term?

Or, if you're spending other assets for a guy like Zub, you backfill those losses with what you get back from Myers (while also maybe clearing cap to add a F as well).

There's definitely reasons.

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

That depends... Can you use some of those assets to flip for a younger guy like Zub, with term?

Or, if you're spending other assets for a guy like Zub, you backfill those losses with what you get back from Myers (while also maybe clearing cap to add a F as well).

There's definitely reasons.

One trade move is hard enough, layering on two or more is rare. But sure of course recover what you can.

If we're replacing 🦒 with Zub tho, wouldn't we be sending 🦒 back to Ottawa for cap compliance? 

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

One trade move is hard enough, layering on two or more is rare. But sure of course recover what you can.

If we're replacing 🦒 with Zub tho, wouldn't we be sending 🦒 back to Ottawa for cap compliance? 

Might be a case where OTT retains some cap and he goes to a contender, or completely separate deals. Who knows. 

We just saw multiple teams "layered" on the Tanev trade. It's pretty common these days.

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Might be a case where OTT retains some cap and he goes to a contender, or completely separate deals. Who knows. 

We just saw multiple teams "layered" on the Tanev trade. It's pretty common these days.

I was thinking more about trade proposals that have two or more separate moves, not 3 way deals.

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

With JR/PA making that deal it’s 100% certain we come out a better club. Thank Goodness Benning (who never wanted Petey) is no longer here. 

Yea thank goodness, i’d hate it if we landed another Miller type player. 

im grateful for that 5mil anchor Mikheyev we have who really drives the play.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, NMHockey said:

Heiskanen - Tanev

Suter - Harley

Lindell - Lundkvist/Hakanpaa

Hanley 

Take notes Rutherford and Allvin... 

THAT is a smart and balanced blueline.

The Canucks have a smart and balanced blueline when Soucy returns. 

• MillerTime 2

6 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Yea thank goodness, i’d hate it if we landed another Miller type player. 

im grateful for that 5mil anchor Mikheyev we have who really drives the play.

You're mixing up your complaints. I can't tell what you are upset about.

I think the Canucks are looking at a bigger prize, but need a sign and trade deal where the asset isnt a rental. Something was said this week about still being in on Guenzel; if he was signed for next year. Im holding out hope for a bigger fish than Kessel. He isnt going to move the needle. We need a younger version and hopefully with a bit of snarl.

1 hour ago, Odjickwillkillyou said:

Soon as the boys on my beer league team were cellying in our team chat, I reminded them that if Tanev were really worth the hype he would have fetched a lot more than this. Love Dad, but I honestly think we are working on something bigger like Walker or maybe Zub. Also, I liken Tanev coming back to VAN like B Wags going back to Seattle. He is a respected leader and one who provides grit, but does he really move the needle on the ice/field anymore? I would personally rather have a younger dman with more future upside and less injury history if we are going to give up any more assets. Once again I love me some Dad, but not at future asset costs when we could get him in FA if so desired. 

Calgary at least got alot more for Tanev that Jim Benning got for Tanev.🤪

• Haha 2

Treliving was probably oferring a 3rd, a 7th and Ryan Reaves to make the money work. LOL

It seems that guy is always bottom fishing. LOL 

Or CC was never going to trade with him and just wanted to use Toronto's interest to drive up the return from another team. 

Edited by Blitz-Pix