[Trade] Dallas Stars acquire Chris Tanev (50% retained by CGY, 25% retained by NJD) and Cole Brady for Artem Grushnikov, 2024 2nd round pick, conditional 3rd round pick

Just now, Tocchet.A.Hockey.God said:

This is Crazy Dal got Tanev for a 2nd and a 4th unless they make the cup final and they got Tanev for 1.125 mill cap hit am I seeing that right.

Why didn't the Canucks do this without the NJD price of a forth.

we have 2 years of 5 million in dead cap after next season. gotta save some draft capital for those years

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tocchet.A.Hockey.God said:

This is Crazy Dal got Tanev for a 2nd and a 4th unless they make the cup final and they got Tanev for 1.125 mill cap hit am I seeing that right.

Why didn't the Canucks do this without the NJD price of a forth.

Would have been either DPetey or Raty plus a 2nd.

23 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Lol.  You really need me to lead you through this? 

Can't spend money to add a 7th D and sit a regular D out, when you could spend that money to add a fwd who plays.

Ok

If you need any more help let me know partner.

where there's a will there's a way. 

5 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

I guess this makes it official that jersey is going to become a seller. Giving away a million in cap space isn't what a team that is looking to add would do.

Toffoli anyone?

love it.

• ThereItIs 1

21 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Would have been either DPetey or Raty plus a 2nd.

17 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yep.

Cant afford to part with those pieces for a player that would be a luxury not a need.

Need a top 6 winger to play with Petey and Hoglander.

I don't see why it would have been 1 of them that's not what Dal gave up

2 hours ago, 24K said:

That doesn't feel like a lot for the hype Tanev was getting and with that retention rate.  

PA must be cooking something bigger if we can't match that. 

Yeah it didn't seem like a huge get by Calgary but I doubt Vancouver has the assets to match this offer since the team is quite thin on future assets. 

43 minutes ago, Iron Fist said:

So far since end of last season its...

OUT

Tofolli, Zadorov, Lindholm, Tanev

IN

Sharangovich, Brzustewicz, Grushnikov and  1st,2nd,3rd,4th.

Craig Conroy is looking more and more like a competent GM and it's making me a bit uneasy.  It also makes Brad Treliving look like a complete buffoon.

• Like 2

I don’t know enough about the prospect, but I feel we could have matched this considering the retention amount.

Maybe Calgary didn’t really want to do business with us or asked a premium to trade in division.

This does set the market at a reasonable price for buyers and might start the ball rolling on other moves.

48 minutes ago, DSVII said:

What happened to Calgary wanting to wait till the TDL and holding out for a 1st?

Calgary is going to be very busy and probably would like to move assets earlier to make sure it all gets done. Hanifin is on the move for sure, maybe some depth stuff too and possibly Markstrom for a goalie needy team. They might still have another 2-3 trades to work on so getting some done early is nice.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Magic beans in is easy.

4 legitimately good / very good vets out.. Sharangovich and a bag of magic beans in.  They need to move Hanifin for a legit blue chip piece.

Middling-to-poor team outlook in the short term, and even if they rebuild they’ll have Kadri, Huberdeau and Weegar all older than dirt on the books in 5 years. 

Good for Conroy getting to selling, but it’s still not a rosy picture. 

• Tank 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

4 legitimately good / very good vets out.. Sharangovich and a bag of magic beans in.  They need to move Hanifin for a legit blue chip piece.

Middling-to-poor team outlook in the short term, and even if they rebuild they’ll have Kadri, Huberdeau and Weegar all older than dirt on the books in 5 years. 

Good for Conroy getting to selling, but it’s still not a rosy picture. 

Curious what they'd do to move Marky.