Vaccine thread

Gurn

Just now, moosehead said:

Yeah..  Alberta rocks.. Freedumb is rampant there..

Why did you have to make a critical comment? See I wasn't knocking anybody or anything and you go and do it and then you cry foul. So it's almost like saying there is a bunch of morons in BC who will do anything the government tells them even when the numbers don't back it up. 

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Why did you have to make a critical comment? See I wasn't knocking anybody or anything and you go and do it and then you cry foul. So it's almost like saying there is a bunch of morons in BC who will do anything the government tells them even when the numbers don't back it up. 

Following current science is hardly being a moron. It is being intelligent. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, moosehead said:

Following current science is hardly being a moron. It is being intelligent. 

So I feel like you're trying to goat me into a COVID conversation. I'm not doing it buddy. But if you do feel that strongly about science, you should have made it clear to all the liberal cabinet ministers that were flying all over the place. Anyhow, cheers. I'm going to leave this thread for a day or two. Have a good weekend

• Like 1

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

So I feel like you're trying to goat me into a COVID conversation. I'm not doing it buddy. But if you do feel that strongly about science, you should have made it clear to all the liberal cabinet ministers that were flying all over the place. Anyhow, cheers. I'm going to leave this thread for a day or two. Have a good weekend

Well this is a covid thread... so what are you expectiing.     Yes many people have acted poorly during the covid crisis.    You have a great weekend too.  Sunny out today.

19 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Kids are germ factories?!  I'm shocked!!!  😆

No worries, I'm childless and live alone. 

You just dinged my dating life though.  Gonna have to date a bit older now and avoid the single moms over the winter. 😂

Considering the swinging social and nightlife scene that Buffalo is famous for, I find this absolutely shocking....:classic_cool:

Great news

The fall campaign starts Oct. 10, with priority given to people most at risk of severe illness

People are encouraged to get both a COVID-19 and a flu shot at the same appointment during B.C.'s fall immunization campaign.

With COVID-19 infections and hospitalizations on the rise as the fall respiratory season starts anew, the B.C. government is getting ready to roll out its fall immunization campaign starting October.

What’s vaccines are available? 

B.C. will be using two newly-approved formulations of the Moderna Spikevax vaccine and the Pfizer-BioNTech Comirnaty vaccine. Both are mRNA vaccines and are designed to target the Omicron XBB.1.5 subvariant.

Advertisement 2

Studies have shown the updated vaccines will also be effective against other Omicron subvariants circulating in the community, including EG.5, XBB.1.16, and BA.2.86.

Health Canada is currently reviewing an application for an updated non-mRNA vaccine by Novovax.

When can I get my COVID-19 shot? 

The fall vaccine campaign starts Oct. 10.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, producepusher said:

Yeah, it was a funny kind of long covid that Sutter got, it hit him after he seemingly recovered from covid, after he got the shot. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Great news

The fall campaign starts Oct. 10, with priority given to people most at risk of severe illness

People are encouraged to get both a COVID-19 and a flu shot at the same appointment during B.C.'s fall immunization campaign.

With COVID-19 infections and hospitalizations on the rise as the fall respiratory season starts anew, the B.C. government is getting ready to roll out its fall immunization campaign starting October.

What’s vaccines are available? 

B.C. will be using two newly-approved formulations of the Moderna Spikevax vaccine and the Pfizer-BioNTech Comirnaty vaccine. Both are mRNA vaccines and are designed to target the Omicron XBB.1.5 subvariant.

Advertisement 2

Studies have shown the updated vaccines will also be effective against other Omicron subvariants circulating in the community, including EG.5, XBB.1.16, and BA.2.86.

Health Canada is currently reviewing an application for an updated non-mRNA vaccine by Novovax.

When can I get my COVID-19 shot? 

The fall vaccine campaign starts Oct. 10.

They only tested it on 50 people, according to the pfizer/moderna studies how effective this time against those old/outdated less dangerous variants?  

Edited by bolt

36 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Well this is a covid thread... so what are you expectiing.     Yes many people have acted poorly during the covid crisis.    You have a great weekend too.  Sunny out today.

I guess that depends on where you live. Quite cold here this morning.

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I'll post this again.

I don't care if you get the shot or not.  none of my business.  But the numbers are overwhelmingly against the potential of anyone here getting hammered by a VAERS incident.

All I care is people don't spout lies.  Scream in my face or that of my kids.  If I wear a mask it's my business if I don't it's my business.  If it's your business and you require me to ok I will.  If it's a medical centre and you require me to wear a mask fine.  Stand the hell back because I like my space and stop blaming every gd thing on the government bill gates soros or claiming everything vaccine related is communistic.

Do you by chance know that guy in Summerland who ended up paralyzed in his doctor's deemed it to be from the vaccine? I remember reading the story a number of months back. I know you live right close to Summerland or you used to. I'm just interested to know if you know this person or if you heard the story?

Edit: I believe that is the guy hip

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/376873/Summerland-man-dealing-with-a-paralysis-reaction-to-COVID-vaccine-frustrated-by-slow-government-support

Edited by Ryan Strome

11 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Do you by chance know that guy in Summerland who ended up paralyzed in his doctor's deemed it to be from the vaccine? I remember reading the story a number of months back. I know you live right close to Summerland or you used to. I'm just interested to know if you know this person or if you heard the story?

Also a lot of vaccine injuries aren't being reported. Many don't want to admit that this highly politicized vaccine caused some real health problems.  But if it doesn't happen to you or your family, it's all good.  There's a reason why most countries aren't recommending these new shots to healthy people under the age of 65.

Edited by bolt
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Considering the swinging social and nightlife scene that Buffalo is famous for, I find this absolutely shocking....:classic_cool:

If you're young in your late teens to mid-20's, Chippewa St. has some seriously good night life in Buffalo.  Middle agers like me are stuck asking women out like you see in the movies (bar/tavern, grocery stores, taking a walk, at the gym, community gatherings, etc.).  If you're into adult nightlife, the best spot nearest here is Toronto.  Problem with Toronto though is that a large percentage of single women there are vapid, vacuous, and shallow.

Buffalo was ranked in one study last year as the #1 large city in 2022 to be single.  Craploads of single women own their own homes here so they won't be trying to get yours in a divorce, and they are usually not interested in getting hitched.  The flip side to that is, finding a traditional marriage partner would be more difficult if you're looking to settle down.

https://www.lendingtree.com/home/mortgage/metros-for-singles-study/

One of my biggest societal pet peeves is that men get screwed hard in both divorce and family court.  Hence my lifelong lack of interest in getting hitched and/or having kids.

Also from another study this year...

We're swimmin' in single women!!  🤣

Thriving-Center-US-of-Singles_Graphic-2.

Edited by Sabrefan1
Fixed terrible grammar.
  • Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, bolt said:

Also a lot of vaccine injuries aren't being reported. Many don't want to admit that this highly politicized vaccine caused some real health problems.  But if it doesn't happen to you or your family, it's all good.  There's a reason why most countries aren't recommending these new shots to healthy people under the age of 65.

The numbers aren't the numbers.  I have no evidence to back up this claim cause I pulled it from my posterior. <---------  YOU

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Edit: I believe that is the guy hip

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/376873/Summerland-man-dealing-with-a-paralysis-reaction-to-COVID-vaccine-frustrated-by-slow-government-support

From the article, about 40 people in BC (population 5 million) are diagnosed with this guys condition in all the years on average leading up to COVID. Not sure the science behind blaming his coincidental vaccination about 10 days prior, but I am not gonna say it WASN"T the vaccine; just that no other cases of vaccination induced illness of this particular type has occured around the globe. My gut says it is coincidental but lets give it the benefit of the doubt and say that one in 5 billion vaccinated people had this happen because of the vaccine. That is still way better than the one in 1000 people who will die from the virus. Sad story though for sure. 

edit: we could even go so far as to use the "its only old people that die from the virus anyways' argument for this guys reaction: It isn't out of the question that he was always going to come down with the paralytic encephalitis or whatever the name is...and the vaccine just exacerbated that risk and prompted it to occur faster, quite possible in my mind. My overall thought on it though is that yes, some rare cases of folks having adverse reactions are real. They happened and may happen again. The incidence rate is incredibly low compared to the incidence rate of being hospitalized or dying of Covid though and those risks are weighed in the offices of the medical science professionals who then make the judgements as to what to suggest we the uneducated do or don't do. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

38 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

The numbers aren't the numbers.  I have no evidence to back up this claim cause I pulled it from my posterior. <---------  YOU

Some of my family and friends have been affected.  Why don't you go back to the deranged campaign of trying to stop people from accessing basic health care?     You want to talk about numbers,  the stats indicate this vaccine has been anything but effective. 

You can't even answer why most countries aren't recommending these new boosters to the healthy under the age of 65.

Edited by bolt
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, bolt said:

Some of my family and friends have been affected.  Why don't you go back to the deranged campaign of trying to stop people from accessing basic health care?     You want to talk about numbers,  the stats indicate this vaccine has been anything but effective. 

You can't even answer why most countries aren't recommending these new boosters to the healthy under the age of 65.

yes and if people get bad covid

Qanon is selling med beds. So no worries

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, bolt said:

You believe in banning people from hospitals.  🤡 Do we ban them if they only had 3 shots or 4?

no i think non vax can go to hospital but need to give visa for extra charges.  

of course i am vaxed.  I dont want to make others sick.  

Edited by moosehead
  • Upvote 1

My dad was on ventilator for 1 month 

Say goodbye to him.   Unplugged him.   Grief counsellor met with us.  He lived.  Surprise.  Ventilator isaved his life 

i dont want to see ill informed anti vaxers clogging up our hospitals.   Our elderly need full access to med care 

some anti vax.  Convoy protestor using up emerg care makes no sense 

Edited by moosehead
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, moosehead said:

My dad was on ventilator for 1 month 

Say goodbye to him.   Unplugged him.   Grief counsellor met with us.  He lived.  Surprise.  Ventilator isaved his life 

i dont want to see ill informed anti vaxers clogging up our hospitals.   Our elderly need full access to med care 

some anti vax.  Convoy protestor using up emerg care makes no sense 

Sorry to hear about your dad,  but the fact is with prior infections and less severe variants most people unless compromised whether vaccinated or unvaccinated are NOT ending up in the hospital.

Time to stop living in 2021 and time to give up the deranged idea to charge or deny people's access to the hospital.  

Edited by bolt
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, bolt said:

Sorry to hear about your dad,  but the fact is with prior infections and less severe variants most people unless compromised whether vaccinated or unvaccinated are NOT ending up in the hospital.

Time to stop living in 2021 and time to give up the evil idea to charge or deny people's access to the hospital.  

Time for u to start listening to medical experts and not your albertan  cousin bobs basement u tube channel. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Time for u to start listening to medical experts and not your albertan  cousin bobs basement u tube channel. 

Yeah I'm listening to medical experts not from Canada who say the booster isn't recommended to those under 65.

Edited by bolt
  • Sad 2