Vaccine thread

Gurn

On 10/11/2023 at 2:12 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

I know exactly what's in a Big Mac, which is why I never eat one.  I never eat hot dogs because I know exactly how they are made.  I've done lots of research on Tylenol and Ibuprofen including all of the side effects and I take those drugs very sparingly if at all.  I don't vape or have tattoos because I've read about how harmful they can be, I actually did research on the subject.  I know exactly what is in my shampoo and other things I put on my face as I read the ingredients on the label and stay away from certain ingredients that are deemed harmful as per my research.  I've researched on cell phone radiation so I always use my speaker phone and rarely put the phone to my ear.  I only eat in restaurants that I trust and frequent regularly.  I don't go to the back to see if the cooks clean their hands but sometimes you can't do everything.

I actually don't trust doctors completely after I saw what they did to my mother, misdiagnosing her about her stroke symptoms and then a few weeks later having a stroke.  Then putting her on 12 different medications for life, each medication being for the purpose of the side effects of another medication.  When I broke my shoulder, my orthopedic surgeon was more than happy to cut me open and put a plate and 12 screws into my body.  I told him I'm not interested in surgery and rehabbed my shoulder without surgery for 12 months and it's basically back to normal with no surgery.  When I had kidney stones my urologist recommended surgery to take them out, I had 5 of them.  I said no and spoke to my Italian friend who recommended me to drink water from the city of Fiuggi in Italy where this particular water has fulvic acid inside which basically dissolves kidney stones.  I drank this water every day for 3 weeks.  When I went back for xrays to determine when to get the surgery, the surgeon looked at the xrays and told me 4 of my kidney stones had disappeared without explanation and the 5th one was hardly noticeable.  I told him I had drank the Fiuggi water for 3 weeks and he laughed and said he would look into it.  

When I was diagnosed with an aortic aneurysm in my heart my cardiologist advised me to have open heart surgery to repair it and said I would die if I didn't have the surgery.  I told him I wanted to wait it out and see if I can find an alternative treatment.  After 2 months of research I found out that high doses of vitamin c can shrink an aortic aneurysm.  So, I started taking 2000mg of vitamin c daily as well as vitamin d and fish oils and eating lots of salmon.  When I went to get my MRI on my heart one year later the aneurysm showed zero growth, even though I was told it would continue to grow each year until it dissected and I would end up dead like John Ritter.  Another 2 years of taking 2000mg of vitamin c every day and I had a new MRI done last December.  The MRI showed that my aortic aneurysm had actually shrunk by 2 millimeters.  I was in shock to think that this vitamin c could actually work.  After my last MRI I had not heard back from my cardiologist in almost one year.  He's probably too embarrassed to call me.  I found out he's actually sick and has taken a leave of absence.  Most likely I will probably outlive him.

I don't post this to brag or because I have an ego.  I am posting this so that people know there is hope outside of traditional medicine to fix your body.  Sometimes you do have to take medications and sometimes you really do need surgery.  Western medicine has its place in our world.  But my advice to everyone is to do your own research and to not trust the doctors blindly.  Google is your friend in this day and age.  

Hey, I've been interested in healthy shampoo and antiperspirant etc. I quickly googled at one tie but nothing convincing was coming up. You have any quick recommendations?  Don't want to derail here.🙂

20 hours ago, Calamity K said:

Hey, I've been interested in healthy shampoo and antiperspirant etc. I quickly googled at one tie but nothing convincing was coming up. You have any quick recommendations?  Don't want to derail here.🙂

I've been using this for years, made locally and it's great...

image.thumb.png.a6df2ed4a0c7c8f99a2bf2fc9c0dd4d0.png

as for antiperspirant, nothing that I know of is good, and you really shouldn't stop your sweat glands from doing their thing, there are lots of natural deodorants that are OK though.

Edited by Playoff Beered
  • Thanks 2

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/twenty-three-thousand-floridians-died-a-settlement-over-desantis-covid-19-lies-imperils-campaign/ar-AA1ieNQu?ocid=wn_startbrowsing&cvid=bdcdc3d84eb0448080cdbebbac62402d&ei=10

"Despite Florida governor and 2024 presidential candidate Ron DeSantis' claim that he is a "champion for 'medical freedom', by "defying federal health guidance to advise Floridians against taking new Covid-19 booster shots," a $152,000 "settlement over withheld Covid-19 data that critics say cost thousands of lives" could tank his campaign, The Guardian reports.

"Critics dubbed DeSantis 'the Pied Piper of Covid, leading everybody off a cliff', as he forged ahead with an executive order banning mask mandates in schools, having already signed legislation awarding himself veto power over coronavirus mandates set by municipalities."

Furthermore, the news outlet notes "DeSantis dismissed reporting on the pandemic as 'media hysteria', the Delta variant of the virus was just taking hold, and cases and fatalities spiked, to a record 385 a day in Florida by September 2021. Simultaneously, Florida led the nation in pediatric Covid hospitalizations."

Now, the Florida Health Department "will pay the plaintiffs' $152,000 legal bill and resume regular posting of the data that DeSantis's communications team insisted at the time was no longer necessary because cases had 'significantly decreased' and that Florida was 'returning to normal.'"

Ex-Democratic Florida state congressman Carlos Guillermo Smith, who filed the lawsuit, said, "Twenty-three thousand Floridians died during the Delta surge, and not only did the DeSantis administration restrict information on Covid during that time, they repeatedly downplayed the severity of the outbreak to fit their political narrative and help DeSantis run for president. That decision cost lives. Our school leaders were struggling to make informed decisions about how to mitigate the spread of Covid, whether it be masking or social distancing policies, or other strategies. They needed data, they needed information, but the state made it unavailable, then said it didn't exist."

The Guardian reports, "Smith said the settlement became inevitable when an appeals court ordered the health department earlier this year to produce documents containing Covid data it claimed did not exist."

He emphasized, "The DeSantis administration was caught red handed lying about the existence of these public records in court, repeatedly claiming that the records we were requesting didn't exist, then saying even if they did exist, they would not share them because they were somehow exempt. All Floridians have a constitutional right to public records and receive them in a timely manner. And what's interesting about the governor's arguments about Covid is he repeatedly talks about giving people the choice over masks and vaccinations, but without critical public health data how are they able to make informed choices?"

Smith added that DeSantis "launched his presidential campaign with a continuation of his war on woke and culture wars and gender ideology and all kinds of stuff. When Republican voters grew tired of that he shifted over to his record on Covid, which still didn’t earn him any points. He keeps changing the subject to see what sticks, but at the end of the day, whatever he’s selling people aren't buying."

Per The Guardian, "The settlement ends a two-year legal battle between the DeSantis administration and a coalition of Democrats, open government advocates and media outlets that began in June 2021 when the Florida health department ended daily updates of Covid cases, deaths and vaccinations on its online dashboard."

University of South Florida distinguished professor of public health, medicine and pharmacy Jay Wolfson told the news outlet, "There's no valid excuse for withholding information from the public except in the rare circumstance where there's a bona fide concern that if you release certain data you'll cause panic, and that the panic itself would cause more damage than the withholding of the data. I don't think there was any case for that to be made here."

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Playoff Beered said:

as for antiperspirant, nothing that I know of is good, and you really shouldn't stop your sweat glands from doing their thing, there are lots of natural deodorants that are OK though.

I shave my pits. It reduces baceria having the environment to make odor. 

I'm also vegetarian and not drinking (diet greatly affects smell).

I find I dont get stinky..

Remember when Republicans and right wing media were pointing to Florida as a shining example of "freedom" from mandates and how well the handled the pandemic?

Turns out the trick was to withhold all evidence to the contrary:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/twenty-three-thousand-floridians-died-a-settlement-over-desantis-covid-19-lies-imperils-campaign/ar-AA1ieNQu?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=3cecdb7cb80747e3b9613d741f872755&ei=22

Despite Florida governor and 2024 presidential candidate Ron DeSantis' claim that he is a "champion for 'medical freedom', by "defying federal health guidance to advise Floridians against taking new Covid-19 booster shots," a $152,000 "settlement over withheld Covid-19 data that critics say cost thousands of lives" could tank his campaign, The Guardian reports.

Per The Guardian, "Critics dubbed DeSantis 'the Pied Piper of Covid, leading everybody off a cliff', as he forged ahead with an executive order banning mask mandates in schools, having already signed legislation awarding himself veto power over coronavirus mandates set by municipalities."

Furthermore, the news outlet notes "DeSantis dismissed reporting on the pandemic as 'media hysteria', the Delta variant of the virus was just taking hold, and cases and fatalities spiked, to a record 385 a day in Florida by September 2021. Simultaneously, Florida led the nation in pediatric Covid hospitalizations."

Now, the Florida Health Department "will pay the plaintiffs' $152,000 legal bill and resume regular posting of the data that DeSantis's communications team insisted at the time was no longer necessary because cases had 'significantly decreased' and that Florida was 'returning to normal.'"

Ex-Democratic Florida state congressman Carlos Guillermo Smith, who filed the lawsuit, said, "Twenty-three thousand Floridians died during the Delta surge, and not only did the DeSantis administration restrict information on Covid during that time, they repeatedly downplayed the severity of the outbreak to fit their political narrative and help DeSantis run for president. That decision cost lives. Our school leaders were struggling to make informed decisions about how to mitigate the spread of Covid, whether it be masking or social distancing policies, or other strategies. They needed data, they needed information, but the state made it unavailable, then said it didn't exist."

The Guardian reports, "Smith said the settlement became inevitable when an appeals court ordered the health department earlier this year to produce documents containing Covid data it claimed did not exist."

He emphasized, "The DeSantis administration was caught red handed lying about the existence of these public records in court, repeatedly claiming that the records we were requesting didn't exist, then saying even if they did exist, they would not share them because they were somehow exempt. All Floridians have a constitutional right to public records and receive them in a timely manner. And what's interesting about the governor's arguments about Covid is he repeatedly talks about giving people the choice over masks and vaccinations, but without critical public health data how are they able to make informed choices?"

Smith added that DeSantis "launched his presidential campaign with a continuation of his war on woke and culture wars and gender ideology and all kinds of stuff. When Republican voters grew tired of that he shifted over to his record on Covid, which still didn’t earn him any points. He keeps changing the subject to see what sticks, but at the end of the day, whatever he’s selling people aren't buying."

Per The Guardian, "The settlement ends a two-year legal battle between the DeSantis administration and a coalition of Democrats, open government advocates and media outlets that began in June 2021 when the Florida health department ended daily updates of Covid cases, deaths and vaccinations on its online dashboard."

University of South Florida distinguished professor of public health, medicine and pharmacy Jay Wolfson told the news outlet, "There's no valid excuse for withholding information from the public except in the rare circumstance where there's a bona fide concern that if you release certain data you'll cause panic, and that the panic itself would cause more damage than the withholding of the data. I don't think there was any case for that to be made here."

Hmmmm....hiding data and downplaying the severity of a deadly pandemic because it benefits you politically....why does that sound so familiar?

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

you know thats interesting. I stopped eating mammals a couple of years ago and actually did notice that too. Pretty much a fish-atarian now with maybe one meal of Turkey or chicken thrown in there per week. Birds are jerks so I don't feel bad about that. 

Edited by Bob Long
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Dafuq is going on in this thread?

9 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

you know thats interesting. I stopped eating mammals a couple of years ago and actually did notice that too. Pretty much a fish-atarian now with maybe one meal of Turkey or chicken thrown in there per week. Birds are jerks so I don't feel bad about that. 

Threes Company What GIF

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

oh I know. For me its more about factors other than the meat part itself. Fish in particular can be low impact, and I don't think a scallop really knows much. 

Huh? I have talked to alot of Scallops, and then one day, they just clammed up! 😕

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

You don't need an invitation to get a booster.

All that is  required is it's been 6 months since your last one.

Most Pharmacies do walk in booster shots.

Really? It's been nearly a year since I got my last booster and I tried a few months ago to book an appointment, but they said I can't book one until I get the invitation. I'll have to try again and hope that I'll get through to someone who will let me book one. Maybe it depends on where in BC you are.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Dafuq is going on in this thread?

Threes Company What GIF

Most beautiful people shave thier pits Ryan. 😎

I cant stand pit hair, guy or girl. Yuck.

I also shave my arms and chest. I'm covered in tattoos and am also a gym rat. Ink and muscles look way better when not covered in a layer of hair. I used to grapple alot in my martial arts days, having some dudes stinky, hairy pits in your face makes the whole rolling experience even worse. 

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Haha, keeping in my beauty theme... when I ate just white meat like you, I would say "I only eat the ugly animals".

What a jerk I am. Ugly things deserve love too....I guess🙃

• Haha 1

Oh man I have like four of the six trees in Calgary in my yard and I have birds nests like crazy. I love them! They are so peaceful and charming!

I have so many birds, love them too

Lots of Egales...for such a tough bird their voice is wussy

Have a Blue Heron....now it's voice is crazy...sounds like a Teradactyl 

Crows...bunch of jerks. Team up on other birds alot.... they have lots of vocalisation. 

Owls...scary AF, one buzzed my head on the deck a few months ago, didn't know he was coming until he was zipping past me, silent killer. 

Lots of little dudes...these are my fav, fast and silly. Along with in the ducks that bob by in the water, like a little navy fleet.

But the bitchiest seems to be the Blue Jay, got one hanging outsdie my front door. Guy seems angry, freaks out all the time and yells at you. 

• Like 2

Oh man I have like four of the six trees in Calgary in my yard and I have birds nests like crazy. I love them! They are so peaceful and charming!

Peaceful & charming?

I was cutting my lawn in Edmonton and saw a dead headless baby bird on the strip I just finished. First thought was “oh Christ I must have run over it with the lawnmower.” I hear something in the tree above me and see a magpie with the head in its beak.

Magpies are evil shits!

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

31 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Most beautiful people shave thier pits Ryan. 😎

I cant stand pit hair, guy or girl. Yuck.

I also shave my arms and chest. I'm covered in tattoos and am also a gym rat. Ink and muscles look way better when not covered in a layer of hair. I used to grapple alot in my martial arts days, having some dudes stinky, hairy pits in your face makes the whole rolling experience even worse. 

Haha, keeping in my beauty theme... when I ate just white meat like you, I would say "I only eat the ugly animals".

What a jerk I am. Ugly things deserve love too....I guess🙃

For me its about sentience. If it's dumb I'm gonna eat it.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

For me its about sentience. If it's dumb I'm gonna eat it.

Bingo.

Me too.

I mean , we might get a guy in here pointing out the awareness of the Mustard Plant but I feel that I do what I can to reduce the suffering in the world. 

• Vintage 1