Vaccine thread

Gurn

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Bingo.

Me too.

I mean , we might get a guy in here pointing out the awareness of the Mustard Plant but I feel that I do what I can to reduce the suffering in the world. 

I'm actually working my way down to fish only. 

Eating mammals bothers me now... Just too much emotion and personality for me to put it on a plate.

• Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Gurn said:

hahaha.

that is so funny. My wife is convinced that our Heron hates her. It will see her from it's place down on the beach and start yelling bird obscenities at her.

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

hahaha.

that is so funny. My wife is convinced that our Heron hetes her. It will see her from it's place down on the beach and start yelling bird obscenities at her.

As you mentioned earlier, they can be very noisy.

Graveyard shift, under a streetlight, down by the ferry dock; and one of those beasts goes by, screaming and with a wingspan that looks like 20 feet under that lighting .

The first time it happened I thought it was coming for me, and I was already conceding my defeat.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, AngelicHearts said:

Really? It's been nearly a year since I got my last booster and I tried a few months ago to book an appointment, but they said I can't book one until I get the invitation. I'll have to try again and hope that I'll get through to someone who will let me book one. Maybe it depends on where in BC you are.

No  That isn't the case now.   Google it   And it was on the news 

Edited by The Arrogant Worms

7 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I don't know what methodology was used in that survey, but honestly, it says more about the gullibility of the respondents than it does the efficacy of the vaccines....

So many dumb Canadians that are gullible for fake news , makes me sad....

I got my vax booster last Friday. No side effects at all.    Really don't want covid again. Last time i had covid i was just about ready to go to hospital.  Sickest / weakest  i have ever been in my life.  Lost 10 pounds though. LOL 

Edited by moosehead
  • Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

What condition would that be? 

I will ask you because you have a background in the medical field, but Rupert and the alien aren't actually refuting what he said they are just criticizing him. The ironic part is they asked about the methodology but provided nothing of their own. I find the alien to be off track when he says they are safe. If you say effective okay that's one argument but actually are they safe for everybody? I'm not sure that's the case and he provided no proof as the how they are safe. How are they safe for that individual in Summerland British Columbia that got paralyzed from the waist down and will never walk again?

Edited by Ryan Strome

17 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I will ask you because you have a background in the medical field, but Rupert and the alien aren't actually refuting what he said they are just criticizing him. The ironic part is they asked about the methodology but provided nothing of their own. I find the alien to be off track when he says they are safe. If you say effective okay that's one argument but actually are they safe for everybody? I'm not sure that's the case and he provided no proof as the how they are safe. How are they safe for that individual in Summerland British Columbia that got paralyzed from the waist down and will never walk again?

I can't "think" of anyone who has had anything but a very minor reaction to any of the vaccines. Headaches, aching bodies, yes, but I'm sure that individual from Summerland had other things going on. 

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

the sad reality is you get to pick between the risk of a vaccine and still being exposed to covid, and the risks of getting covid with no vaccine protection. There's no choice, it's one of the other. You can't avoid covid exposure forever. 

What it comes down to is the math. Whats your chance of getting hurt by either scenario? 

What people like McCullough do is hyper inflate your risk from vaccines, I guess so he can be some sort of populist figure? not sure, but he's been discredited for his statements and rightly so. He spreads fear not rational medical science.

And you actually don't need guys like this to make your decision. Vaccine manufacturers have to publish the type and number adverse side effects, and so does the province. And you also get to see the numbers from the effects of covid.

So when you compare the numbers, the math is quite tilted to taking the vaccine, because your chance of a severe outcome is far less in the vaccine+exposure risk scenario, vs. no vaccine+exposure scenario. 

I know thats not the only factor (e.g., age, if you care for seniors, etc.) for many, but just based on the percentages your risk is lower with a vaccine. 

Edited by Bob Long
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Sounds like craperolla. 28% of people know someone who died after vaccination? 
Vaccines are safe, and effective. It’s ignorance that keeps people from getting them. 

I agree about the 28% when I think about it. No one else I know, would attribute the vaccination to a death. If I were you I'd be keeping up with the vax, as my mother in law is, being elderly, in a home, and overweight😉. The wife gave me covid last year and I came through it easily except for the anxiety of the unknown, which I did not enjoy at all. Thrilled when I finally got the all clear from my at home test. 

The vaccine is not without risk of course. Covid vax isn't worth it for young healthy people afaik. 

2 minutes ago, Calamity K said:

I agree about the 28% when I think about it. No one else I know, would attribute the vaccination to a death. If I were you I'd be keeping up with the vax, as my mother in law is, being elderly, in a home, and overweight😉. The wife gave me covid last year and I came through it easily except for the anxiety of the unknown, which I did not enjoy at all. Thrilled when I finally got the all clear from my at home test. 

The vaccine is not without risk of course. Covid vax isn't worth it for young healthy people afaik. 

some facts on the situation:https://cps.ca/en/documents/position/clinical-guidance-for-youth-with-myocarditis-and-pericarditis