Vaccine thread

Gurn

14 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

I can't "think" of anyone who has had anything but a very minor reaction to any of the vaccines. Headaches, aching bodies, yes, but I'm sure that individual from Summerland had other things going on. 

According to his doctor he had nothing else going on. He was in his mid 30s. I'm just pointing out don't blanket statement. They are safe. If you want to use the term effective okay but don't blanket Use the term safe. I'm not saying that you did. That's just kind of my beef with people like that alien and the prime minister is there using it in doctor talk and believe you me. I fully understand doctor talk lol.

14 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

the sad reality is you get to pick between the risk of a vaccine and still being exposed to covid, and the risks of getting covid with no vaccine protection. There's no choice, it's one of the other. You can't avoid covid exposure forever. 

What it comes down to is the math. Whats your chance of getting hurt by either scenario? 

What people like McCullough do is hyper inflate your risk from vaccines, I guess so he can be some sort of populist figure? not sure, but he's been discredited for his statements and rightly so. He spreads fear not rational medical science.

And you actually don't need guys like this to make your decision. Vaccine manufacturers have to publish the type and number adverse side effects, and so does the province. And you also get to see the numbers from the effects of covid.

So when you compare the numbers, the math is quite tilted to taking the vaccine, because your chance of a severe outcome is far less in the vaccine+exposure risk scenario, vs. no vaccine+exposure scenario. 

I know thats not the only factor (e.g., age, if you care for seniors, etc.) for many, but just based on the percentages your risk is lower with a vaccine. 

Thank you and I wish more people would describe it the way that you just did. These blanket statements of how safe they are are absolutely false! That being said to insinuate covid isn't that bad is also false because many people have died and many have suffered long-term effects of it. I appreciate your response.

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

how was it linked to the vaccine? 

The post says died after vaccination. I assumed the 28% number is about people's perception of the cause, certainly not that they knew someone who was proven to die from the vaccination. That would be as rare as hen's teeth.  But death that can be directly linked to the vax doesn't concern me at all, it's the possibility of insidious and long-term issues that would give me pause. 

But I'm already vaccinated, I've had covid,  I feel my body is aware of how to react to the virus, so I'm not getting any more shots unless I have to. This is the opinion of the vast majority now, is it not? 97% in the states if I read it correctly.

2 hours ago, Calamity K said:

I've got my two shots and not planning any more. Not alone it seems. Also have a friend who developed a condition and died as per the article. Anyone else?

Pasting this snippet for emphasis:

image.png.cfbe564afcbc4f3c0eb734fca0a64e10.png

Let me build on that - almost 100% know someone who died after birth.  Simple solution: stop making babies.  :classic_rolleyes:

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

36 minutes ago, Calamity K said:

The post says died after vaccination. I assumed the 28% number is about people's perception of the cause, certainly not that they knew someone who was proven to die from the vaccination. That would be as rare as hen's teeth.  But death that can be directly linked to the vax doesn't concern me at all, it's the possibility of insidious and long-term issues that would give me pause. 

But I'm already vaccinated, I've had covid,  I feel my body is aware of how to react to the virus, so I'm not getting any more shots unless I have to. This is the opinion of the vast majority now, is it not? 97% in the states if I read it correctly.

OK but thats like getting hit by a bus after having coffee and blaming Starbucks. 

• Vintage 2

1 hour ago, Calamity K said:

Not sure if people can feel in their body  if they need or don't need a vaccine ...  Not sure that is how vaccines work....

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Calamity K said:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/half-americans-interested-getting-updated-covid-shot-reutersipsos-poll-2023-09-15/

3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

OK but thats like getting hit by a bus after having coffee and blaming Starbucks. 

Not exactly. This is one extremely rare event (a covid vax) followed by a once in a lifetime event (death).

2 hours ago, moosehead said:

Not sure if people can feel in their body  if they need or don't need a vaccine ...  Not sure that is how vaccines work....

You're parsing words incorrectly here.

For the record, my doctor does not advise me to take the vaccine. He isn't concerned about covid at all. A friend of mine who is very overweight was also advised not to take more vaccines, which I found surprising.

Edited by Calamity K

49 minutes ago, Calamity K said:

Not exactly. This is one extremely rare event (a covid vax) followed by a once in a lifetime event (death).

Don't want to sound bleak, but death happens all the time.   I agree that it only happens once but while Covid shots are rare, death unfortunately is not and can happen for an all too large number of reasons.

1 hour ago, Calamity K said:

You're parsing words incorrectly here.

For the record, my doctor does not advise me to take the vaccine. He isn't concerned about covid at all. A friend of mine who is very overweight was also advised not to take more vaccines, which I found surprising.

Who is your advisor -  funeral home operator or grave digger ?  Doctors that do not believe in vaccinations should lose their license. 

1 minute ago, moosehead said:

Edited by moosehead

6 hours ago, Calamity K said:

I agree about the 28% when I think about it. No one else I know, would attribute the vaccination to a death. If I were you I'd be keeping up with the vax, as my mother in law is, being elderly, in a home, and overweight😉. The wife gave me covid last year and I came through it easily except for the anxiety of the unknown, which I did not enjoy at all. Thrilled when I finally got the all clear from my at home test. 

The vaccine is not without risk of course. Covid vax isn't worth it for young healthy people afaik. 

A small increased risk of myocarditis and pericarditis (< 1 case per 10,000) has been reported following vaccination with COVID-19 mRNA vaccines in Canada and internationally, most often among adolescents and young adults < 30 years of age, males, and after the second dose. Although this safety signal is occurring at higher-than-expected background rates, most cases are mild.

6 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I will ask you because you have a background in the medical field, but Rupert and the alien aren't actually refuting what he said they are just criticizing him. The ironic part is they asked about the methodology but provided nothing of their own. I find the alien to be off track when he says they are safe. If you say effective okay that's one argument but actually are they safe for everybody? I'm not sure that's the case and he provided no proof as the how they are safe. How are they safe for that individual in Summerland British Columbia that got paralyzed from the waist down and will never walk again?

This is a silly way put things. There have been planes that crash. So flying must be unsafe. It’s the degree of safety for vaccines when compared to the consequences for the individual (and society as a whole) that’s the measure. Vaccines, therefore, are safe and very effective. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Optimist Prime said:

I tend to agree.

Well, Tenpenny had her Ohio medical license suspended.   The is hard in the anti-vaxx camp, and was on video claiming the Covid-19 vaccines caused people to become magnetized, among other claims.  More should join her.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/doctor-covid-vaccines-magnetic-licence-suspended-b2391094.html

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Alflives said:

This is a silly way put things. There have been planes that crash. So flying must be unsafe. It’s the degree of safety for vaccines when compared to the consequences for the individual (and society as a whole) that’s the measure. Vaccines, therefore, are safe and very effective. 

I agree. I'm not at all skeptical about the covid vaccines based on their documented risks, that's why i took the non mrna shots. I'm not planning on taking 3 or 4 mrna shots a year, which is definitely unknown territory, to prevent catching the flu. No way would I recommend it for strong young people, who's risk with covid is even less than your airplane analogy if they're healthy. imo

Huge/long story about vaxx and misinformation.

using a kid's photo, and name, implying he dies of a vaxx------- when the kid had not been vaxxxed.

Why would Robert F Kennedy jr or the book's publisher care about the truth. There is money to made, and sheep to shear.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/other/rfk-jr-spent-years-stoking-fear-and-mistrust-of-vaccines-these-people-were-hurt-by-his-work/ar-AA1irF76?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=8d0e98412c4b417aa42fcc1c12f29f1d&ei=25

• Thanks 3

Grichka & Igor Bogdanoff Die Of Covid Days Apart: Eccentric Twin French TV Presenters Were 72

covid.jpg.29047602a1338132da7b5602d0ebde69.jpg

Grichka and Igor Bogdanoff, the eccentric French TV presenter twins, have died of Covid within six days of each other. Igor died Monday and Grichka on December 28. They were 72.

The BBC said the unvaccinated brothers had told friends their healthy lifestyle would protect them from Covid, but both were admitted to hospital in the middle of last month. Although their families did not specify the cause of their deaths, their lawyer Edouard de Lamaze confirmed that both contracted the virus.

Igor Bogdanoff’s family said in a statement he had “gone towards the light,” surrounded by his children and family.

The identical twin brothers were raised by their maternal grandmother, Countess Bertha Kolowrat-Krakowská, in a castle in Southern France.

The Bogdanoffs first started making a name for themselves in 1979, when they hosted Saturday afternoon science-fiction show Temps X, which aired from a spaceship set and ran for a decade on French broadcaster TF1. The show exhibited the day’s cutting-edge technology along with introducing French audiences to the likes of Doctor Who and Star Trek.

Later, the Bogdanoffs also fronted France 2’s Rayons X.

Away from hosting, they became well-known for their facial features changing dramatically in the 1990s, and later they got caught up in the 2002 Bogdanov Affair, an academic dispute regarding the legitimacy of a series of theoretical papers the twins wrote after they obtained Ph.Ds. The affair –with an alternate spelling of their surname — led to a period of introspection for the peer-review system, which was deemed by many physicists to have failed.

The pair won a 2014 court case for defamation before losing a lawsuit against the French National Centre for Scientific Research.

• Cheers 1

Plenty of doctors have come out against the vaccine saying they were not tested properly and thoroughly like all other vaccines the west has used for years and years.

If one chooses to ignore those doctors opinions one could state the COVID shot is safe. But many actual doctors disagree.

I got sick after all 3 COVID shots I got. Then I got sick twice with COVID. The shots did nothing for me but get me sick. I won't get another until they are much more proven. At this point, covid is the same as the flu to me. Nothing more.

6 minutes ago, Mac said:

Plenty of doctors have come out against the vaccine saying they were not tested properly and thoroughly like all other vaccines the west has used for years and years.

If one chooses to ignore those doctors opinions one could state the COVID shot is safe. But many actual doctors disagree.

I got sick after all 3 COVID shots I got. Then I got sick twice with COVID. The shots did nothing for me but get me sick. I won't get another until they are much more proven. At this point, covid is the same as the flu to me. Nothing more.

Do you have links to these doctors you mention? 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

43 minutes ago, Mac said:

Plenty, many? You mean like dozens of doctors, carefully selected to avoid the intelligent opinions of the millions of more competent doctors in the world?

Edited by WeneedLumme
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1