Vaccine thread

Gurn

15 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

They don't. He's just throwing garbage out there, because he knows his supporters will believe whatever stupid thing he says....

I'm not sure if you (or anyone else here) saw the two or three times I posted this in the old forum, but Trump has a history with wind turbines:

Several years back a Trump owned course / resort on the coast of Scotland was also where a proposed wind farm was to be set up. Of course, Trump was dead set against it, because it would "spoil the view" from his resort....in his words, “perhaps the greatest golf course anywhere in the world.”

What followed was a series of full page ads decrying the Wind project and lawsuits when the ads did not have the desired effect. The lawsuits were also fruitless (as is the norm for Bone Spurs) and the Wind Farm project went ahead and went into operation in 2019.

To add insult to injury, the Scottish courts ordered Trump to pay $225,000 pounds in court costs.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/trump-scotland-wind-farm-fight-payout-golf-course-a9201096.html

He has absolutely hated turbines ever since and misses no opportunity to lie and complain about them.

I think Trump and Biden have been drinking the same juice because I haven't got a clue what either one of them are saying lately.

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

They don't. He's just throwing garbage out there, because he knows his supporters will believe whatever stupid thing he says....

I'm not sure if you (or anyone else here) saw the two or three times I posted this in the old forum, but Trump has a history with wind turbines:

Several years back a Trump owned course / resort on the coast of Scotland was also where a proposed wind farm was to be set up. Of course, Trump was dead set against it, because it would "spoil the view" from his resort....in his words, “perhaps the greatest golf course anywhere in the world.”

What followed was a series of full page ads decrying the Wind project and lawsuits when the ads did not have the desired effect. The lawsuits were also fruitless (as is the norm for Bone Spurs) and the Wind Farm project went ahead and went into operation in 2019.

To add insult to injury, the Scottish courts ordered Trump to pay $225,000 pounds in court costs.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/trump-scotland-wind-farm-fight-payout-golf-course-a9201096.html

He has absolutely hated turbines ever since and misses no opportunity to lie and complain about them.

IMG_9627.jpeg

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

14 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I think Trump and Biden have been drinking the same juice because I haven't got a clue what either one of them are saying lately.

If both of them happen to be the frontrunners (I read they Dems want Biden to go for another term), god help us all if one of those guys get another 4 years. Most incoherent presidents possible. 

• Cheers 1

My brother in law tested positive for Covid, my walking partner tested positive for Covid, and I went to the football game with him on Friday night. My son just called a few moments ago, he believes he has Covid, aching, runny nose, coughing as well. We were in the car together all day yesterday as we did a road trip to the interior and back. Time to mask up folks.

Edited by Johngould21
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The both are smart enough to be up to date with their vaccinations. 

Both seem kinda slow.....    but Canada has   Pierre P's Freedumb  / Anti vax Truckers Convoy level of  dumb..... 

Edited by moosehead
  • Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Both seem kinda slow.....    but Canada has   Pierre P's Freedumb  / Anti vax Truckers Convoy level of  dumb..... 

With nothing to say, I might add. All three of those Harper hand picked candidates are like the stumps I have in my back yard.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Johngould21 said:

With nothing to say, I might add. All three of those Harper hand picked candidates are like the stumps I have in my back yard.

Almost as bad as Trudeau's incompetence and corruption leading up to bringing in a Nazi to celebrate at the House of Commons.  The Liberals then entered a motion to remove the video from the public record.  Even CNN is reporting that Trudeau is a complete putz.

Can you even name one compotent Liberal minister?

Edited by bolt

18 minutes ago, bolt said:

Almost as bad as Trudeau's incompetence and corruption leading up to bringing in a Nazi to celebrate at the House of Commons.  The Liberals then entered a motion to remove the video from the public record.  Even CNN is reporting that Trudeau is a complete putz.

Can you even name one compotent Liberal minister?

The speaker of the House did the bringing of the Nazi into the House of Commons, you know the guy that resigned, (Rota), that guy. Trudeau was embarrassed, but shot down PP, who was attempting to make political points in the House. Rota was responsible for the entire debacle, admitted it, and resigned. Faux news must be puking with excitement?

Can you name one CPC candidate that will answer a question, after being muzzled by PP? Harper did the same with his candidates, but at least Liberal cabinet ministers answer questions as they should.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, 4petesake said:

And this was Musk’s response, followed by the perfect reply to his post.

IMG_9631.jpeg

IMG_9632.jpeg

Two takeaways from this article....

This paragraph struck me as very exciting news:

Dr. Bharat Pankhania, an infectious diseases expert at Exeter University, predicted the technology used in the vaccines could be used to refine vaccines for other diseases like Ebola, malaria and dengue, and might also be used to create shots that immunize people against certain types of cancer or auto-immune diseases including lupus.

...and...

For a supposed "genius", Elon is a putz....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Vaccine thread boys and girls....

Ignore the people trying to bring up completely extraneous talking points about politicians.....unless it's about how they handled the Covid pandemic. If people want to talk about Nazis, etc., there are threads for that.

I'm sure Sharpie would have been along to say this himself, but I'm here right now....

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

25 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

The speaker of the House did the bringing of the Nazi into the House of Commons, you know the guy that resigned, (Rota), that guy. Trudeau was embarrassed, but shot down PP, who was attempting to make political points in the House. Rota was responsible for the entire debacle, admitted it, and resigned. Faux news must be puking with excitement?

Can you name one CPC candidate that will answer a question, after being muzzled by PP? Harper did the same with his candidates, but at least Liberal cabinet ministers answer questions as they should.

Speaker Rota it was his fault alone

Judy Wilson Raybould it was her fault alone

Bill Morneau it was his fault alone.

Dr Philpot, it was her fault alone

You obviously don't watch the HOC question period if you think the Liberals answer questions "as they should"

I forgot Justin Trudeau is very accountable and compotent.  I wonder why his poll numbers are flirting in the 10-20% range?

Edited by bolt

6 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Vaccine thread boys and girls....

Ignore the people trying to bring up completely extraneous talking points about politicians.....unless it's about how they handled the Covid pandemic. If people want to talk about Nazis, etc., there are threads for that.

I'm sure Sharpie would have been along to say this himself, but I'm here right now....

a bolt got me sidetracked

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, bolt said:

Speaker Rota it was his fault alone

Judy Wilson Raybould it was her fault alone

Bill Morneau it was his fault alone.

Dr Philpot, it was her fault alone

You obviously don't watch the HOC question period if you think the Liberals answer questions "as they should"

I forgot Justin Trudeau is very accountable and compotent.  I wonder why his poll numbers are flirting in the 10-20% range?

like you, or whatever you're trying to spell there.

7 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

a bolt got me sidetracked

We've all been there John. It just looked like things were going sideways quickly, so I thought a reminder was in order.

I'm certainly not innocent of this myself and I appreciate when someone does the same for me.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1