Vaccine thread

Gurn

2 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

I am going to get my Covid shot on Sunday also.

Because I am not a wuss.

So those of us that said no to a covid shot are a wuss?

Or do you mean you're getting two shots in the same day? I mean I assume that's what you mean because that's what was explained to me.

Edited by Ryan Strome

On 10/5/2023 at 12:44 PM, The Arrogant Worms said:

FB_IMG_1696526831141.jpg

I know exactly what's in a Big Mac, which is why I never eat one.  I never eat hot dogs because I know exactly how they are made.  I've done lots of research on Tylenol and Ibuprofen including all of the side effects and I take those drugs very sparingly if at all.  I don't vape or have tattoos because I've read about how harmful they can be, I actually did research on the subject.  I know exactly what is in my shampoo and other things I put on my face as I read the ingredients on the label and stay away from certain ingredients that are deemed harmful as per my research.  I've researched on cell phone radiation so I always use my speaker phone and rarely put the phone to my ear.  I only eat in restaurants that I trust and frequent regularly.  I don't go to the back to see if the cooks clean their hands but sometimes you can't do everything.

I actually don't trust doctors completely after I saw what they did to my mother, misdiagnosing her about her stroke symptoms and then a few weeks later having a stroke.  Then putting her on 12 different medications for life, each medication being for the purpose of the side effects of another medication.  When I broke my shoulder, my orthopedic surgeon was more than happy to cut me open and put a plate and 12 screws into my body.  I told him I'm not interested in surgery and rehabbed my shoulder without surgery for 12 months and it's basically back to normal with no surgery.  When I had kidney stones my urologist recommended surgery to take them out, I had 5 of them.  I said no and spoke to my Italian friend who recommended me to drink water from the city of Fiuggi in Italy where this particular water has fulvic acid inside which basically dissolves kidney stones.  I drank this water every day for 3 weeks.  When I went back for xrays to determine when to get the surgery, the surgeon looked at the xrays and told me 4 of my kidney stones had disappeared without explanation and the 5th one was hardly noticeable.  I told him I had drank the Fiuggi water for 3 weeks and he laughed and said he would look into it.  

When I was diagnosed with an aortic aneurysm in my heart my cardiologist advised me to have open heart surgery to repair it and said I would die if I didn't have the surgery.  I told him I wanted to wait it out and see if I can find an alternative treatment.  After 2 months of research I found out that high doses of vitamin c can shrink an aortic aneurysm.  So, I started taking 2000mg of vitamin c daily as well as vitamin d and fish oils and eating lots of salmon.  When I went to get my MRI on my heart one year later the aneurysm showed zero growth, even though I was told it would continue to grow each year until it dissected and I would end up dead like John Ritter.  Another 2 years of taking 2000mg of vitamin c every day and I had a new MRI done last December.  The MRI showed that my aortic aneurysm had actually shrunk by 2 millimeters.  I was in shock to think that this vitamin c could actually work.  After my last MRI I had not heard back from my cardiologist in almost one year.  He's probably too embarrassed to call me.  I found out he's actually sick and has taken a leave of absence.  Most likely I will probably outlive him.

I don't post this to brag or because I have an ego.  I am posting this so that people know there is hope outside of traditional medicine to fix your body.  Sometimes you do have to take medications and sometimes you really do need surgery.  Western medicine has its place in our world.  But my advice to everyone is to do your own research and to not trust the doctors blindly.  Google is your friend in this day and age.  

• Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I know exactly what's in a Big Mac, which is why I never eat one.  I never eat hot dogs because I know exactly how they are made.  I've done lots of research on Tylenol and Ibuprofen including all of the side effects and I take those drugs very sparingly if at all.  I don't vape or have tattoos because I've read about how harmful they can be, I actually did research on the subject.  I know exactly what is in my shampoo and other things I put on my face as I read the ingredients on the label and stay away from certain ingredients that are deemed harmful as per my research.  I've researched on cell phone radiation so I always use my speaker phone and rarely put the phone to my ear.  I only eat in restaurants that I trust and frequent regularly.  I don't go to the back to see if the cooks clean their hands but sometimes you can't do everything.

I actually don't trust doctors completely after I saw what they did to my mother, misdiagnosing her about her stroke symptoms and then a few weeks later having a stroke.  Then putting her on 12 different medications for life, each medication being for the purpose of the side effects of another medication.  When I broke my shoulder, my orthopedic surgeon was more than happy to cut me open and put a plate and 12 screws into my body.  I told him I'm not interested in surgery and rehabbed my shoulder without surgery for 12 months and it's basically back to normal with no surgery.  When I had kidney stones my urologist recommended surgery to take them out, I had 5 of them.  I said no and spoke to my Italian friend who recommended me to drink water from the city of Fiuggi in Italy where this particular water has fulvic acid inside which basically dissolves kidney stones.  I drank this water every day for 3 weeks.  When I went back for xrays to determine when to get the surgery, the surgeon looked at the xrays and told me 4 of my kidney stones had disappeared without explanation and the 5th one was hardly noticeable.  I told him I had drank the Fiuggi water for 3 weeks and he laughed and said he would look into it.  

When I was diagnosed with an aortic aneurysm in my heart my cardiologist advised me to have open heart surgery to repair it and said I would die if I didn't have the surgery.  I told him I wanted to wait it out and see if I can find an alternative treatment.  After 2 months of research I found out that high doses of vitamin c can shrink an aortic aneurysm.  So, I started taking 2000mg of vitamin c daily as well as vitamin d and fish oils and eating lots of salmon.  When I went to get my MRI on my heart one year later the aneurysm showed zero growth, even though I was told it would continue to grow each year until it dissected and I would end up dead like John Ritter.  Another 2 years of taking 2000mg of vitamin c every day and I had a new MRI done last December.  The MRI showed that my aortic aneurysm had actually shrunk by 2 millimeters.  I was in shock to think that this vitamin c could actually work.  After my last MRI I had not heard back from my cardiologist in almost one year.  He's probably too embarrassed to call me.  I found out he's actually sick and has taken a leave of absence.  Most likely I will probably outlive him.

I don't post this to brag or because I have an ego.  I am posting this so that people know there is hope outside of traditional medicine to fix your body.  Sometimes you do have to take medications and sometimes you really do need surgery.  Western medicine has its place in our world.  But my advice to everyone is to do your own research and to not trust the doctors blindly.  Google is your friend in this day and age.  

how did you source that water?

IMO you are playing Russian roulette with your approach to your AA, but good luck to you. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

how did you source that water?

IMO you are playing Russian roulette with your approach to your AA, but good luck to you. 

You can get the Fiuggi water from Amazon.  Or Superstore in Vancouver.  Works like a charm.  I've had 5 friends use it as well and the kidney stones all disappeared like magic.

My AA is very much stable.  Almost 5 years now and not only has it not grown, it shrunk by 2 millimeters on my last MRI.  My cardiologist was so in shock he didn't even bother to call me to give me the results.  I had to get the copy of the MRI from my GP.  Open heart surgery is very serious for an AA, so I prefer to take this approach for now and have MRI's yearly to check on it.  If it does start to grow then I can make a decision at that time.  If it is stable and actually shrinking then that tells me that the vitamin c is doing its job in strengthening my aortic walls to avoid any more expansion.  The salmon is just as important as well.  It is bascically a super food...

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You can get the Fiuggi water from Amazon.  Or Superstore in Vancouver.  Works like a charm.  I've had 5 friends use it as well and the kidney stones all disappeared like magic.

My AA is very much stable.  Almost 5 years now and not only has it not grown, it shrunk by 2 millimeters on my last MRI.  My cardiologist was so in shock he didn't even bother to call me to give me the results.  I had to get the copy of the MRI from my GP.  Open heart surgery is very serious for an AA, so I prefer to take this approach for now and have MRI's yearly to check on it.  If it does start to grow then I can make a decision at that time.  If it is stable and actually shrinking then that tells me that the vitamin c is doing its job in strengthening my aortic walls to avoid any more expansion.  The salmon is just as important as well.  It is bascically a super food...

you can get a minimally invasive procedure now as well. Have a look at Endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR). If you're a candidate its a nice option. 

IMO (and I'm not looking to challenge you, i'm just concerned) you don't actually know the vitamin C is doing that, it could be coincidental. Your disease may have simply progressed that way. 

Edited by Bob Long

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

you can get a minimally invasive procedure now as well. Have a look at Endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR). If you're a candidate its a nice option. 

IMO (and I'm not looking to challenge you, i'm just concerned) you don't actually know the vitamin C is doing that, it could be coincidental. Your disease may have simply progressed that way. 

Endovascular repair doesn't work if the AA is close to the aortic valve in the ascending region of the heart.  It's too complicated to get to that area.  However, there are surgeons at Mount Sinai and UCLA that have done it with only a 3-inch incision versus full open heart, so I am hoping that the Canadian surgeons learn how to do it.  That's why I am waiting.  A surgeon at Mount Sinai predicted that open heart surgery would be eliminated within 10 years because of new technologies, so let's see what happens.

From all of my research and talking to cardiologists, an AA doesn't shrink.  After the aortic walls have been weakened it is almost impossible for the AA to stop growing.  My shrinkage is small, 2 millimeters, so I will need to get another MRI to confirm as there can always be human error on the technician side for measuring.  But the fact that 3 MRI's over 4 years have shown zero growth is very encouraging.  I would put the odds of the vitamin c usage being just a coincidence in the shrinkage at around 1%.  Based on my research the vitamin c 100% protects the aortic walls and induces collagen production and the strengthening of the aortic walls.

• Cheers 2

At my age and health I will die from something else before any side effect of a Vaccine.

The odds are far better of me dying in a car crash.

I completely understand being hesitant if you have an aortic aneurysm in your heart.

People can believe whatever science they wish.

I chose to believe its safe.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We didn't have Google when I grew up.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

I had a friend who was mistrustful of modern medical science. She preferred alternative/holistic medicine, and when she got sick she went for the alternative first. She eventually accepted real medical treatment, but too late. She didn't have Covid, she had breast cancer, and she died from it.

Anybody who really thinks that some online research makes you more knowledgeable than intelligent medical/scientific professionals who spend their whole lives learning their field, good luck to you, you will need it.

unfortunately I think it's tied into some folks religious beliefs now. My brother is like this. 

• Huggy Bear 1

32 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

I had a friend who was mistrustful of modern medical science. She preferred alternative/holistic medicine, and when she got sick she went for the alternative first. She eventually accepted real medical treatment, but too late. She didn't have Covid, she had breast cancer, and she died from it.

Anybody who really thinks that some online research makes you more knowledgeable than intelligent medical/scientific professionals who spend their whole lives learning their field, good luck to you, you will need it.

With the available knowledge on the internet it should reduce ignorance but the opposite happened, especially when concerning vaccines. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

On 9/30/2023 at 8:17 AM, Ryan Strome said:

I think it works both ways. I read a story a number of months back about a mid 30s guy in Summerland BC who is now paralyzed and his doctor's deemed it from the vaccine. My assumption would be that you live in British Columbia, so looks like it hits a lot closer to home. 

some people have bad reaction from all vacinnes.  Not a covid vax issue specifically. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, moosehead said:

some people have bad reaction from all vacinnes.  Not a covid vax issue specifically. 

Yeah I've since learning this. To be honest, up until 2020 I was pretty uneducated on vaccines in general. I guess we all had a little time given the lockdowns to educate ourselves.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, moosehead said:

I don't know that there is a single device or treatment of any kind thats 100% risk free in medicine. Hell, you can even have a surgical tool left in you by mistake. Does that mean you skip a potentially life saving surgery? 

Part of the issue is the comparative risks between vaccine reactions and getting covid were drowned out by so much noise in the media. When you look at the actual risk numbers, taking the vaccine is a pretty easy decision, imo. 

• Like 2

On 10/11/2023 at 12:54 PM, The Arrogant Worms said:

I am going to get my Covid shot on Sunday also.

Because I am not a wuss.

I'll be getting my shot too; however, shouldn't we be encouraging others to get their shot rather than calling them wusses for not?

I don't know. I get the frustration of the people who don't, but just calling them names isn't going to change their minds.

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I'll be getting my shot too; however, shouldn't we be encouraging others to get their shot rather than calling them wusses for not?

I don't know. I get the frustration of the people who don't, but just calling them names isn't going to change their minds.

Tell them vax shot is now know to increase sexual performance........

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

NOTHING will change their minds.

I've actually seen it happen where some have changed. Never say never. Some people are just harder to convince than others.

Being perfectly honest here: a thread like this where they'd like get ganged up on.. probably isn't the way to convince a lot of them.

Edited by The Lock

30 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Because people look for studies that validate their opinion.

That's a fair point for both sides to be Perfectly honest. Government sure didn't do any good trying to roll it out by constantly changing the stories behind it. To be perfectly honest, I think governments and medical professionals need to do a better job at explaining things because when the big one actually hits, I'm fearful nobody will trust them and won't take a vaccine and it could lead to billions dying. 

7 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I've actually seen it happen where some have changed. Never say never. Some people are just harder to convince than others.

Being perfectly honest here: a thread like this where they'd like get ganged up on.. probably isn't the way to convince a lot of them.

You know what I'm seeing a lot is those that are vaccinated, changing their minds and saying they won't do it again. So like I said earlier I think it has to be explained to people better and stick to one story, not the constantly changing stories.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

That's a fair point for both sides to be Perfectly honest. Government sure didn't do any good trying to roll it out by constantly changing the stories behind it. To be perfectly honest, I think governments and medical professionals need to do a better job at explaining things because when the big one actually hits, I'm fearful nobody will trust them and won't take a vaccine and it could lead to billions dying. 

I think one thing you need to remember though is health data can (and usually does) change over time. As these things evolve, health professionals learn more and better ways of adapting. Just because there were changes to the messaging, it doesn't mean there was a mistake made. As they learned more, they can refine the messaging. 

Responsible health professionals will adjust based on the evidence. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think one thing you need to remember though is health data can (and usually does) change over time. As these things evolve, health professionals learn more and better ways of adapting. Just because there were changes to the messaging, it doesn't mean there was a mistake made. As they learned more, they can refine the messaging. 

Responsible health professionals will adjust based on the evidence. 

And I think what you're saying is very compelling. However, do you think the average citizen is aware of this? So maybe that should be part of the message. Hey be on board. Things may change from day to day or month to month. I just know that I've heard from a number of people that have said they would never trust another vaccine again because they were told get it and they wouldn't be locked down. That wasn't true. They were told they wouldn't get coronavirus. That wasn't true. My point is just try and get people to understand the importance of it. Does that mean maybe teach it in school? I mean vaccination has saved how many lives over the decades, but yet I don't think the average person is aware of any of this. Admittedly, I don't think I was pre 2020 and I'm married to a healthcare professional so what does that tell you. Either I'm dumb or she doesn't deliver the message very well

Edited by Ryan Strome

15 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I have no use for anti-science sheep who believe conspiracy theories.

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

And I think what you're saying is very compelling. However, do you think the average citizen is aware of this? So maybe that should be part of the message. Hey be on board. Things may change from day to day or month to month. I just know that I've heard from a number of people that have said they would never trust another vaccine again because they were told get it and they wouldn't be locked down. That wasn't true. They were told they wouldn't get coronavirus. That wasn't true. My point is just try and get people to understand the importance of it. Does that mean maybe teach it in school? I mean vaccination has saved how many lives over the decades, but yet I don't think the average person is aware of any of this. Admittedly, I don't think I was pre 2020

Perhaps young people don't realize how vaccines have saved lives.  we older people defiantly know.

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

So then you have the same attitude towards anti-vaxxers as anti-vaxxers have towards vaccines. lol

Oh well.

• Haha 1