Vaccine thread

Gurn

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

No, I'm not a doctor.  If you spend the time in reading medical journals then you can at least get a good understanding of certain things.  How do you think I found out about the Fiuggi water and about 3-inch incisions for AA?  It's all on the internet.  I never said to not listen to your doctors, of course you need to listen to them.  

here's the thing I find a bit ironic about your position tho - you are using information developed by medical professionals to then make your assessment to ignore advice from medical professionals, or look for outlier ideas for a solution. But your basis for making the decision isn't based in medical training. It kind of doesn't compute. Until clinical trials are conducted, you can't know for sure. 

Take your AA idea and vitamin C. You can't know thats the reason you haven't seen progression. You are a single data point. Maybe you're right, maybe you're not. You would need to see an properly designed clinical trial of male AA patients and vitamin c to know for sure that is the reason, or at least could reasonably be the reason. 

Let me give you another example.  My cardiologist gave me a prescription for a blood pressure medication.  I took it home and checked it on the internet.  I found out that it was recalled in Canada for its side effects and replaced with another one.  Sorry, I don't trust these people blindly.  I ended up losing some weight and changing my diet as per my own research and my blood pressure is now below what it should be.  My doctor never told me to lose weight and change my diet.  He only gave me a prescription that was out of date and recalled.  

Thats what pharmacists are for, they would never issue you a recalled drug. 

I don't believe a Roman Catholic like me is not supposed to trust doctors, so I don't think my religion has anything to do with it.  It was my experience with my mother that opened my eyes...

OK thats good. 

• ThereItIs 1

28 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Great post! I'm actually going to make two comments on that. So number one if there has to be lockdowns and masks Smith will likely be gone as premiere. So it will become political because she has repeatedly staunchly said never again Will a child be forced to wear a mask in a school. That is one thing whether you agree with her or not She won't be able to take back as she was so staunch about her support against masking and mass vaccination. She just can't go back on that look what happened to JK!

so why do you think that idea exists so prevalently in AB? I mean people wear PPE in the patch for all kinds of things that are rare to occur and have no problems wearing it. 

28 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

As for Kennedy I do find it strange why he is making it the cornerstone of his campaign. By the time the election happens it will be over 4 years old and most will have forgotten about it as we all want to and yet he will be talking about it as if it's some sort of government Overreach. While he might be right, it just seems like is this really is successful campaign strategy? The country is an enormous debt, has massive inflation, potentially will be funding three different militaries along with their own, and he wants to go on about coronavirus? At this point I don't even think it's votes from the Democrats he will steal but votes from Republicans to be perfectly honest.

I agree, I think he'll take more votes from the right. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

here's the thing I find a bit ironic about your position tho - you are using information developed by medical professionals to then make your assessment to ignore advice from medical professionals, or look for outlier ideas for a solution. But your basis for making the decision isn't based in medical training. It kind of doesn't compute. Until clinical trials are conducted, you can't know for sure. 

Take your AA idea and vitamin C. You can't know thats the reason you haven't seen progression. You are a single data point. Maybe you're right, maybe you're not. You would need to see an properly designed clinical trial of male AA patients and vitamin c to know for sure that is the reason, or at least could reasonably be the reason. 

Thats what pharmacists are for, they would never issue you a recalled drug. 

OK thats good. 

My pharmacist filled my prescription.  I took it home and before ingesting it I researched it on the internet and found out that it was recalled.  So, I guess you can't trust pharmacists either.

They actually do have a study on vitamin c and AA.  

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24484904/#:~:text=Results%3A Vitamin C attenuated the,lamellae (P < 0.05).

Results: Vitamin C attenuated the development of AAA, decreasing maximal aortic diameter by 25.8% (P < 0.05) and preserving elastin lamellae (P < 0.05). Vitamin C also decreased 8-hydroxyguanine (a marker of oxidative damage to DNA) and 8-isoprostane content (a marker of oxidative stress) in aortic tissues (P < 0.05, respectively). 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26603433/

Pooled analyses of the 2 case-control studies demonstrated significantly lower levels of circulating vitamins C (SMD, -0.71; 95% CI, -1.23 to -0.19; P=0.007) and E (SMD, -1.76; 95% CI, -2.93 to 0.60; P=0.003) in patients with AAA than subjects without AAA.

Edited by Elias Pettersson

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

so why do you think that idea exists so prevalently in AB? I mean people wear PPE in the patch for all kinds of things that are rare to occur and have no problems wearing it. 

I agree, I think he'll take more votes from the right. 

1) First of all, I think there is far more of a libertarian viewpoint in this province. The point I was trying to make though is she drew her line in the sand with black top If she were to go back on that she would basically make people say you're done including in her own cabinet. I mean we had an election where one party was pro masking and pro coronavirus concern and the other party didn't want to talk about it and didn't want to ever take away freedom from people again. And that party won a decisive victory. Democracy!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

My pharmacist filled my prescription.  I took it home and before ingesting it I researched it on the internet and found out that it was recalled.  So, I guess you can't trust pharmacists either.

I'm not trying to insult you, but I don't believe that this happened. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24484904/#:~:text=Results%3A Vitamin C attenuated the,lamellae (P < 0.05).

Results: Vitamin C attenuated the development of AAA, decreasing maximal aortic diameter by 25.8% (P < 0.05) and preserving elastin lamellae (P < 0.05). Vitamin C also decreased 8-hydroxyguanine (a marker of oxidative damage to DNA) and 8-isoprostane content (a marker of oxidative stress) in aortic tissues (P < 0.05, respectively). 

my man, thats a rat model. 

Just now, Bob Long said:

I'm not trying to insult you, but I don't believe that this happened. 

my man, thats a rat model. 

Yes, it did happen.  I know you are in the medical field and probably don't believe that there is incompetence out there, but there is, sorry to say.  

Isn't the latest booster shot only been tested on rats?

https://covid-vaccine.canada.ca/info/RDS1694116967823-spikevax-xbb-1-5-en.html

The non-clinical data described builds from and is directly linked to non-clinical pharmacodynamic, pharmacokinetic, and toxicology data from the following previously submitted and reviewed COVID-19 mRNA vaccines in the Spikevax portfolio. When administered as a two-dose primary series in naïve mice, both the monovalent and bivalent formulations of the XBB.1.5-variant matched vaccines elicited robust binding antibody titers against the spike protein as well as neutralizing antibody titers against both XBB.1.5 and XBB.1.16 strains. This data is consistent with non-clinical immunogenicity data generated by the Sponsor for previously reviewed and approved variant-matched vaccines against the Omicron BA.1 and BA.4/BA.5 strains. Moreover, no toxicity issues were identified in the animals over the course of this study. This data is considered supportive, as proof-of-concept, of the potential immunogenicity of Spikevax XBB.1.5 as a single dose or two-dose series in naïve individuals. While acknowledging that animal models are not always predictive of immunogenicity in humans, previously generated non-clinical immunogenicity data for the Spikevax platform has translated into similar findings in corresponding clinical studies.

19 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

1) First of all, I think there is far more of a libertarian viewpoint in this province. The point I was trying to make though is she drew her line in the sand with black top If she were to go back on that she would basically make people say you're done including in her own cabinet. I mean we had an election where one party was pro masking and pro coronavirus concern and the other party didn't want to talk about it and didn't want to ever take away freedom from people again. And that party won a decisive victory. Democracy!

She’d have a massive problem within the UCP with any movement at all. Even this new weak ass mask announcement has got the TBA faction all worked up.

UPDATE: Here’s what David Parker, supremo of the UCP’s powerful Take Back Alberta faction, thinks of even this lame AHS policy, which might as well have been designed to fail for the reasons outlined above. “Masks do not work,” Mr. Parker tweeted this morning, inaccurately but with characteristic passion. “The fact that AHS is trying to push them again shows that a hostile and communist ideology has taken over our health care system and is defying the democratic will of the people. They must be removed from any decision making roles.” Mr. Parker’s tweets sound increasingly unhinged. Everyone he disagrees with, it would seem, is a communist. Nevertheless, at the moment he is a well-connected and influential figure in the UCP, and he may be more powerful after next month’s UCP annual general meeting when he hopes TBA’s cadres will take over the remaining nine positions on the party board. To cite the ever-popular Munich analogy, AHS’s pusillanimous leaders would be smarter to stand up to him now, than later, when he has consolidated his power.

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes, it did happen.  I know you are in the medical field and probably don't believe that there is incompetence out there, but there is, sorry to say.  

The non-clinical data described builds from and is directly linked to non-clinical pharmacodynamic, pharmacokinetic, and toxicology data from the following previously submitted and reviewed COVID-19 mRNA vaccines in the Spikevax portfolio. When administered as a two-dose primary series in naïve mice, both the monovalent and bivalent formulations of the XBB.1.5-variant matched vaccines elicited robust binding antibody titers against the spike protein as well as neutralizing antibody titers against both XBB.1.5 and XBB.1.16 strains. This data is consistent with non-clinical immunogenicity data generated by the Sponsor for previously reviewed and approved variant-matched vaccines against the Omicron BA.1 and BA.4/BA.5 strains. Moreover, no toxicity issues were identified in the animals over the course of this study. This data is considered supportive, as proof-of-concept, of the potential immunogenicity of Spikevax XBB.1.5 as a single dose or two-dose series in naïve individuals. While acknowledging that animal models are not always predictive of immunogenicity in humans, previously generated non-clinical immunogenicity data for the Spikevax platform has translated into similar findings in corresponding clinical studies.

Of course incompetence happens in every field.

You may think that happened to you but I don't think it did. Did you go back and ask the pharmacist about it? Did your drug come from a different factory or lot number? Was it a generic? 

14 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This is a different drug and disease? How is it relevant to vitamin c and aa?

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

She’d have a massive problem within the UCP with any movement at all. Even this new weak ass mask announcement has got the TBA faction all worked up.

UPDATE: Here’s what David Parker, supremo of the UCP’s powerful Take Back Alberta faction, thinks of even this lame AHS policy, which might as well have been designed to fail for the reasons outlined above. “Masks do not work,” Mr. Parker tweeted this morning, inaccurately but with characteristic passion. “The fact that AHS is trying to push them again shows that a hostile and communist ideology has taken over our health care system and is defying the democratic will of the people. They must be removed from any decision making roles.” Mr. Parker’s tweets sound increasingly unhinged. Everyone he disagrees with, it would seem, is a communist. Nevertheless, at the moment he is a well-connected and influential figure in the UCP, and he may be more powerful after next month’s UCP annual general meeting when he hopes TBA’s cadres will take over the remaining nine positions on the party board. To cite the ever-popular Munich analogy, AHS’s pusillanimous leaders would be smarter to stand up to him now, than later, when he has consolidated his power.

Do you know what's always confused me about Alberta health services? Is the governmental say they act independently so basically given themselves an out when AHS imposes masks. Alberta health services is the health system of the province so they are not independent. They have government oversight. They have a government minister so this part confuses me. Personally, I have no issues with masks in hospitals because if you have strep throat or anything and you are in there to see a doctor or a nurse, why do we want to spread it to everybody else. So not just coronavirus but many different viruses. But they play it up as if it's some independent group. In fact, I've had an MLA tell me they are independent. They are the health authority. They aren't independent lol. But yeah you basically just backed up what I was saying so if she were to go back on anything she would find herself out of a job.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

You may think that happened to you but I don't think it did. Did you go back and ask the pharmacist about it? Did your drug come from a different factory or lot number? Was it a generic? 

I will need to check. It’s been 4 years. I’ll see if I still have the prescription around. I can’t remember the exact name of it. 

15 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

The drug they prescribed me was called Losartan. It was prescribed to me in 2019…

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/06/26/losartan-recall-2019-blood-pressure-drug-recalled-cancer-risk/1578603001/#

Blood pressure drug recall: 32 lots of losartan recalled over small amounts of carcinogen. Macleods Pharmaceuticals Limited is recalling 32 lots of the popular blood pressure drug losartan after discovering trace amounts of a probable carcinogen.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10111915/#:~:text=In the UK and Canada,and irbesartan (figure 1).

In the UK and Canada, recall notices were issued in January and March 2019 for losartan and irbesartan (figure 1).

Edited by Elias Pettersson

19 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

This is a different drug and disease? How is it relevant to vitamin c and aa?

They used rats to approve the latest booster. No different than using rats to prove shrinkage of an AA due to high dosage amounts of vitamin c. 

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Great post! I'm actually going to make two comments on that. So number one if there has to be lockdowns and masks Smith will likely be gone as premiere. So it will become political because she has repeatedly staunchly said never again Will a child be forced to wear a mask in a school. That is one thing whether you agree with her or not She won't be able to take back as she was so staunch about her support against masking and mass vaccination. She just can't go back on that look what happened to JK!

As for Kennedy I do find it strange why he is making it the cornerstone of his campaign. By the time the election happens it will be over 4 years old and most will have forgotten about it as we all want to and yet he will be talking about it as if it's some sort of government Overreach. While he might be right, it just seems like is this really is successful campaign strategy? The country is an enormous debt, has massive inflation, potentially will be funding three different militaries along with their own, and he wants to go on about coronavirus? At this point I don't even think it's votes from the Democrats he will steal but votes from Republicans to be perfectly honest.

Which, in itself is scary enough, imo. 

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

They used rats to approve the latest booster. No different than using rats to prove shrinkage of an AA due to high dosage amounts of vitamin c. 

but thats such a huge amount of generalization. Sure rat models are used all the time. But as a preliminary step. No one jumps from rat model to the general human population without a lot of steps in-between for good reason. 

The drug they prescribed me was called Losartan. It was prescribed to me in 2019…

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/06/26/losartan-recall-2019-blood-pressure-drug-recalled-cancer-risk/1578603001/#

Blood pressure drug recall: 32 lots of losartan recalled over small amounts of carcinogen. Macleods Pharmaceuticals Limited is recalling 32 lots of the popular blood pressure drug losartan after discovering trace amounts of a probable carcinogen.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10111915/#:~:text=In the UK and Canada,and irbesartan (figure 1).

In the UK and Canada, recall notices were issued in January and March 2019 for losartan and irbesartan (figure 1).

OK, so did you ask your pharmacist if yours came from one of the 32 effected lots? 

Edited by Bob Long

I remember this one. Was pretty big and Losartan was short for a good 9-12 months or something, had to change a lot of people over to Valsartan or another arb. 

For pharmacy, we get multiple notifications during a recall, which are mandatory to fill out and send back. The lots (essentially a 'batch' that was made in the factory) effected are removed while the unaffected lots are allowed to be given out. Every bottle has a lot number stamped to it.

Nonetheless I like that you try to be informed as there are way too many patients who can't even tell me the names of their medication.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26603433/

Pooled analyses of the 2 case-control studies demonstrated significantly lower levels of circulating vitamins C (SMD, -0.71; 95% CI, -1.23 to -0.19; P=0.007) and E (SMD, -1.76; 95% CI, -2.93 to 0.60; P=0.003) in patients with AAA than subjects without AAA.

You had a bad Pharmacist.  My wife gets recall notices when some drug is taken off the market.

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

but thats such a huge amount of generalization. Sure rat models are used all the time. But as a preliminary step. No one jumps from rat model to the general human population without a lot of steps in-between for good reason. 

OK, so did you ask your pharmacist if yours came from one of the 32 effected lots? 

No, at that point I made a decision to lose some weight and change my diet to get my blood pressure lowered naturally. And I was able to do that within 6 months when I went for my next checkup. 

If there are bad “batches”, who knows if the others are bad too. I wasn’t about to take the risk and be a Guinea pig. I figured it out on my own anyways, just like my kidney stones. 

No, at that point I made a decision to lose some weight and change my diet to get my blood pressure lowered naturally. And I was able to do that within 6 months when I went for my next checkup. 

If there are bad “batches”, who knows if the others are bad too. I wasn’t about to take the risk and be a Guinea pig. I figured it out on my own anyways, just like my kidney stones. 

the healthy weight/diet approach is always best for sure. I did the same thing with my cholesterol numbers, added fibre instead of statins. But if diet didn't work, I'd certainly look at the medication options. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Follow up. 

Got the covid jab and the flu jab.  Feeling great.  Absolutely no side effects.

I have done what i can do to protect my older relatives.   Hoping to come out of this fall / winter season - without a respiratory infection.  If i do get a minor infection, i will mask and try to self isolate as much as possible.

It is high past time when North Americans need to start think more clearly and protect others  as much as possiible when we are unwell.  

I have never had one side effect from either the flu or Covid shot.

Not even a sore arm

Neither did my son or my wife.

I guess the alcohol in my blood killed them.

I have not had the flu since I was 25-6....so 40 years.

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Not even a sore arm

Old Alf is pickled so he’s good. 

8 hours ago, Johngould21 said:

Which, in itself is scary enough, imo. 

But I bet you never would have said that pre 2020. In fact, I don't ever remember a politician ever being asked about vaccinations before 2020.

6 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

You had a bad Pharmacist.  My wife gets recall notices when some drug is taken off the market.

Maybe it was your wife he was seeing and she made a mistake because she was so pissed off that you're calling her your "wide" instead of wife.🤣

6 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I'm reminded of the pharmacist in BC that was alleged to have re-used vaccine needles.  Like...

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952gtc2xq93pffa7pc7k5

Times are tough bro. Got to save some money somehow..🙃

6 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

My wife worked with one that was stealing drugs from her Pharmacy when she was Manager.

I kept telling her something was off about him.

Luckily he was caught and lost his licence.

I guess something was off. He was all drugged up..

5 hours ago, moosehead said:

Getting my covid vax today.  I don't want to get the covid and spread it to my elderly relatives. 

I care about seniors....

I am a real man and not scared of a jab..... LOL.  

2 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Not even a sore arm

Well in this case I would be perfectly fine then! I have enough alcohol in my blood to sink a battleship