Vaccine thread

Gurn

4 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Sober as a bird.  
Im respectful to people who are into a conversation.  
People with goofy memes get dumb attitude back.  

As I recall, you fired the first shot but by all means, you do you. Your choice, your consequences. I have no respect for people who choose to play Russian Roulette with other people's lives and then expect medical intervention when the consequences of their own decision lands in their own lap. TTFN.

Edited by Cerridwen
Spacing

4 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

They. They were doing the period.between.each.word to prove a point.   
thought it would be fun to do it back n

Maybe there is a possibility that is isn't intentional.

When I'm on my phone, my butterthumbs hit the period instead of the space a lot.  Sometimes I try and correct it.  Other times, I don't bother.  Happens with other letters as well.  Like sometimes it's thr instead of the.

21 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Well you should care. 

First off, they have come out and said even if you die from a car accident, but you have covid, they count as a covid death.   This is from BC and Bonny. 
You can google it yourself, I’ve shown it here before.  

Second, over 95% of the deaths are from very old folks in the old folks homes. 
Sad?   Yup. 
Should anyone under 70 be terrified? Nah

lol  Who is "they"?  This guy?

GettyImages-1303093702.jpg

If you check actual reliable authoritative information you will find the obvious. From the UK, but Canada would be the same because of the WHO standards in general:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/whetherthosewhohavediedfromacaraccidentwithcovid19willbecountedinonsstatistics

If someone dies in circumstances involving an accident, violence or suspicious circumstances, the case is referred to a coroner for investigation. A post-mortem examination is carried out and usually an inquest is held. The Coroner's Court hears all the evidence and follows legal rules of evidence when deciding the causes of death. It is extremely unlikely that a coroner would find that someone was involved in a traffic accident, or was the victim of violence, because of having COVID-19 or a positive COVID-19 test -- so they would not mention COVID-19 on the death certificate. This applies to any death caused by an accident, violence, poisoning, or other external causes.

Even if in an unusual case a death certificate mentioned both COVID-19 and a traffic accident (or other external causes), the World Health Organisation (WHO) rules for coding deaths mean that the traffic accident would be identified as the underlying cause of death in our data

And no one has to be "terrified".  Just that they dont want to lie in bed feeling miserable for a week. I've gotten 4 boosters, at least, now.  Because its working for me.  I haven't had so much as a cold in 3 years. While I've watched a few of my anti-vax siblings get bad bouts of COVID during that time.  Its working for me. And I've never had any bad reaction other than a sore arm for a couple of days.

But you do you. Just one question:  how do you get Canucks game reception from a cave?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

Except for anyone who is immunocompromised. Like my wife, who is finishing up chemo treatments, and needs to have her system boosted so she doesn't get covid and, you know, die. At 53.

It's great that you don't need more. I wouldn't call you an antivaxxer, but would definitely call you apathetic to those who might need a booster.

But it's cool man. Keep on ridiculing those who are in real danger and need the vaccine. 

I’m not apathetic or ridiculing.  
Im legit curious as to why someone would need 7 shots in a few year period.  
It seems like a LOT to protect from something that has gotten the ‘not bad at all’ kinda level. 
It’s nice to hear some people with actually reasoning and open to talking about it, as opposed to some who just start hot and triggered and won’t actually talk about it without being a dick

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kilgore said:

lol  Who is "they"?  This guy?

GettyImages-1303093702.jpg

If you check actual reliable authoritative information you will find the obvious. From the UK, but Canada would be the same because of the WHO standards in general:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/whetherthosewhohavediedfromacaraccidentwithcovid19willbecountedinonsstatistics

If someone dies in circumstances involving an accident, violence or suspicious circumstances, the case is referred to a coroner for investigation. A post-mortem examination is carried out and usually an inquest is held. The Coroner's Court hears all the evidence and follows legal rules of evidence when deciding the causes of death. It is extremely unlikely that a coroner would find that someone was involved in a traffic accident, or was the victim of violence, because of having COVID-19 or a positive COVID-19 test -- so they would not mention COVID-19 on the death certificate. This applies to any death caused by an accident, violence, poisoning, or other external causes.

Even if in an unusual case a death certificate mentioned both COVID-19 and a traffic accident (or other external causes), the World Health Organisation (WHO) rules for coding deaths mean that the traffic accident would be identified as the underlying cause of death in our data

And no one has to be "terrified".  Just that they dont want to lie in bed feeling miserable for a week. I've gotten 4 boosters, at least, now.  Because its working for me.  I haven't had so much as a cold in 3 years. While I've watched a few of my anti-vax siblings get bad bouts of COVID during that time.  Its working for me. And I've never had any bad reaction other than a sore arm for a couple of days.

But you do you. Just one question:  how do you get Canucks game reception from a cave?

Like I said, THEY is the province of BC and Bonny Henry. 

6 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

As I recall, you fired the first shot but by all means, you do you. Your choice, your consequences. I have no respect for people who choose to play Russian Roulette with other people's lives and then expect medical intervention when the consequences of their own decision lands in their own lap. TTFN.

Again, I’m vaccinated. 
I understand why get vaccinated was important and did my part.  
Im wondering what the point of 7 would be and where does it end?    

Elderly and compromised would make sense why they would need a booster. 
But still, if you need it every 4-6 months. It isn’t doing the greatest job is it?   

6 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Again, I’m vaccinated. 

But still, if you need it every 4-6 months. It isn’t doing the greatest job is it?   

The virus has changed,

The original vaxx are older, and losing effectiveness, and not targeted to the evolved virus.

Thus the new vaccines; that are both newer, and targeted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Again, I’m vaccinated. 

Forgive me, but I'm going to get slightly snippy and say that just because you can't understand how boosters work does not mean they don't work.  You could look it up if you like.  Lots of information out there if you go to the right places.

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Gurn said:

The virus has changed,

The original vaxx are older, and losing effectiveness, and not targeted to the evolved virus.

Thus the new vaccines; that are both newer, and targeted.

When people say "where does it end" it shows that they are thinking about this politically.

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Forgive me, but I'm going to get slightly snippy and say that just because you can't understand how boosters work does not mean they don't work.  You could look it up if you like.  Lots of information out there if you go to the right places.

Didn’t say they didn’t work….

13 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Like I said, THEY is the province of BC and Bonny Henry. 

It does seem kind of whacky how they are counting, but it does get all sorted out eventually. Those traffic deaths don't count as COVID deaths once they have been evaluated.

https://biv.com/article/2022/10/bc-covid-19-deaths-rise

Provincial Health Officer Bonnie Henry said in April, when she introduced this new counting methodology, that the province's Vital Statistics Agency would later determine that some deaths were not due to COVID-19 and that it would remove those deaths from the province's overall death toll.

This change in how its reported was a reaction to criticisms they received that COVID deaths were being UNDER-REPORTED.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-modelling-group-fall-wave-1.6617650

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Then what are you saying?  That 7 is too many?  That requiring one every 6 months means they must be ineffective?

87ts9x.jpg.6613a211593d7b7279ade3c61c1b47d3.jpg

?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Satchmo said:

Then what are you saying?  That 7 is too many?  That requiring one every 6 months means they must be ineffective?

I said not great.   

I got a bunch of vaccinations as a baby that didn’t need to be re-upped every 6 months.  
Those were proven effective. 

Covid didn’t have a fraction of the time to be developed and need boosters 2-3 times a year.  
Yes, I’m saying I think 7 is too many.  

@Gurn made a good point of the variants changing, but still.  
It seems a little much.  

Im not a fan of injecting myself with something that won’t be effective in a couple months. 
Maybe once a year with a flu shot?  
I dunno.  I’m obviously a dummy, not a doctor, but that much makes me uncomfortable 

1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

I said not great.   

I got a bunch of vaccinations as a baby that didn’t need to be re-upped every 6 months.  

Covid didn’t have a fraction of the time to be developed and need boosters 2-3 times a year.  

It seems a little much.  

Im not a fan of injecting myself with something that won’t be effective in a couple months. 
I dunno.  I’m obviously a dummy, not a doctor, but that much makes me uncomfortable 

To each their own.

This conversation is beginning to bore me.  I'm out.

1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

I said not great.   

It seems a little much.  

The bolded kinda makes me think you kinda understand the reality.  There are reasons why flu shots are different each year.  Now apply that knowledge to Covid.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Youre better than than Gurn 

After  your repeated  posts  on this issue; and repeatedly seeing poster, after poster- over many, many, months patiently explaining things.

I'm am not better than that, anymore.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

I’m not apathetic or ridiculing.  
Im legit curious as to why someone would need 7 shots in a few year period.  
It seems like a LOT to protect from something that has gotten the ‘not bad at all’ kinda level. 
It’s nice to hear some people with actually reasoning and open to talking about it, as opposed to some who just start hot and triggered and won’t actually talk about it without being a dick

All due respect, all your posts leading up to my response come across as apathetic and ridiculing.

Every time you post asking about why someone (or multiple someones) would want to get multiple shots, even after others have told you why someone might do it, you show a level of ignorance usually reserved for MAGA-level antivaxxer. I want you to be aware that is the impression you give.

When you make a statement like "it seems like a LOT" to protect yourself or others from perhaps dying only reinforces that impression.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

The virus is constantly mutating. You know...kinda like the flu virus which necessitates a revised and BETTER vaccine to deal with it every year during the time of year flu tends to hit?????. There is NO Covid 'season'...it's every single day of the bloody f-ing year!!!. Get it NOW??

With the plethora of information out there and readily available, one would think you'd have availed yourself of it and educated yourself. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

The virus is constantly mutating. You know...kinda like the flu virus which necessitates a revised and BETTER vaccine to deal with it every year during the time of year flu tends to hit?????. There is NO Covid 'season'...it's every single day of the bloody f-ing year!!!. Get it NOW??

With the plethora of information out there and readily available, one would think you'd have availed yourself of it and educated yourself. 

Willfully ignorant 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

All due respect, all your posts leading up to my response come across as apathetic and ridiculing.

Every time you post asking about why someone (or multiple someones) would want to get multiple shots, even after others have told you why someone might do it, you show a level of ignorance usually reserved for MAGA-level antivaxxer. I want you to be aware that is the impression you give.

When you make a statement like "it seems like a LOT" to protect yourself or others from perhaps dying only reinforces that impression.

I’m really not concerned about your opinion of me.  Thanks though. 
If you are so sensitive that a question or an opposing view sends you right to MAGA, that’s your issue.  I can’t do anything about that.  It’s unfortunate for you, but I don’t care.  

Im vaccinated and hate trump and the conservatives/republicans. 

I also have a strong distrust for Bonny Henry and the folks the currently run our province after seeing them fumble and fail their way through handling covid. 
So yeah, when I hear someone say they just got their 7th shot in the last couple years, it raises some questions for me.  
Are they really old?  Compromised? 
Just a bit sheep like?  
It really does seem like a lot.  
Nothing else requires that, and for the general public, it doesn’t seem necessary at all.