Vaccine thread

Gurn

Just now, D.B Cooper said:

I’m really not concerned about your opinion of me.  Thanks though. 
If you are so sensitive that a question or an opposing view sends you right to MAGA, that’s your issue.  I can’t do anything about that.  It’s unfortunate for you, but I don’t care.  

Im vaccinated and hate trump and the conservatives/republicans. 

I also have a strong distrust for Bonny Henry and the folks the currently run our province after seeing them fumble and fail their way through handling covid. 
So yeah, when I hear someone say they just got their 7th shot in the last couple years, it raises some questions for me.  
Are they really old?  Compromised? 
Just a bit sheep like?  
It really does seem like a lot.  
Nothing else requires that, and for the general public, it doesn’t seem necessary at all. 

You just can't help yourself, can you? Educate yourself and you won't sound so ridiculous

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

Again, I’m vaccinated. 
I understand why get vaccinated was important and did my part.  
Im wondering what the point of 7 would be and where does it end?    

Elderly and compromised would make sense why they would need a booster. 
But still, if you need it every 4-6 months. It isn’t doing the greatest job is it?   

Sometimes it’s just a little different between the sexes.

One difference is that men has less immune  reaction of the vaxxine due to more inflammations in the body compared to females. Females got a better hormone composition in the body that leads to lesser inflammations. 

More inflammations before vaxxine leads to less reaction from the vaxxine and a need for more shots.

Often it’s the age due to elderly has a problem with an immune system that is getting worse every day. 

But, think about what happens in the brain.

The loss of smell, taste etc among the young is a sign of damages to certain parts of the brain among the young also.

So even if you think you are healthy you can have small changes in the brain where it has been damaged in a way you can’t get your brain to function as it has been.

It means it’s actually pretty stupid to not help the body protecting it self from something it isn’t prepared to.

Or your lungs, you think it’s fine now to get Covid without vaxxine but does your lungs like that too? 
If you take away five percent of your lung capacity now you might not understand it when you’re young but it might lead to worse conditions when older as COPD…

It’s just foolishness to not take the vaxxine if it’s for free.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Cerridwen said:

You just can't help yourself, can you? Educate yourself and you won't sound so ridiculous

The Karen clap typing. 
The dumb gifs. 
The lack of control of your emotions. 

Im thinking I might add you to the blocked list with that idiot who knows he is blocked, but still makes posts to and about me.    Hahaha

1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

If you are so sensitive that a question or an opposing view sends you right to MAGA, that’s your issue.  I can’t do anything about that.  It’s unfortunate for you, but I don’t care.  

I also have a strong distrust for Bonny Henry and the folks the currently run our province after seeing them fumble and fail their way through handling covid. 
So yeah, when I hear someone say they just got their 7th shot in the last couple years, it raises some questions for me.  
Just a bit sheep like?  
Nothing else requires that, and for the general public, it doesn’t seem necessary at all. 

Whether or not you're concerned about my opinion doesn't matter. I'm just trying to tell you the impression you give off. If the impression you want to put forth is "a$$hat MAGA guy" then by all means, you do you. 

It raises questions for you when someone says they got a 7th shot, but you refuse to acknowledge the answers given to you why someone might do it. That, to me and others, raises questions about you.

And for someone who doesn't care what others think of him, you are spending an inordinate amount of time defending yourself to them.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Just a bit sheep like?  

We are walking different paths from the first steps and are unlikely to be meeting up down the path(s).

You think Bonny and company fumbled and my guess is you think fumbled badly.   I think she fumbled at times but overall did very, very well.   (You take on a brand new and deadly virus and let's see how you do.)

You suggest I may just be a sheep.   I counter that you could just as easily be a sheep that follows a different sheep dog.  

I'd say we are unlikely to ever come to an agreement on vaccines and boosters.  We'd have to start way back at first principles, like re-visit 2020 and start from there.   And we'd have to talk science.  This is pretty much all science, despite how feelings enter into it.     I'm pessimistic we'd ever agree...

Getting closer to game time.  Go Canucks Go!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

We are walking different paths from the first steps and are unlikely to be meeting up down the path(s).

You think Bonny and company fumbled and my guess is you think fumbled badly.   I think she fumbled at times but overall did very, very well.   (You take on a brand new and deadly virus and let's see how you do.)

I absolutely do think it was bad.  
Im also did not take on the role like she did.  
I do know at the large equipment manufacturing company I run, I am educated and prepared enough that I don’t foible to that equivalence. 

You suggest I may just be a sheep.   I counter that you could just as easily be a sheep that follows a different sheep dog.  

Fair enough.  Bahhhhhhh

I'd say we are unlikely to ever come to an agreement on vaccines and boosters.  We'd have to start way back at first principles, like re-visit 2020 and start from there.   And we'd have to talk science.  This is pretty much all science, despite how feelings enter into it.     I'm pessimistic we'd ever agree...

I’m not here to agree with everyone on everything.  How fucking boring would that be?

Getting closer to game time.  Go Canucks Go!

We can agree on that!

Bug trade and a big game!

Go Canucks Go!

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Im legit curious as to why someone would need 7 shots in a few year period.  
It seems like a LOT to protect from something that has gotten the ‘not bad at all’ kinda level. 

4700 people died of covid last month. 

If 7 an hour is not bad at all to you, you may just be incorrect. I suggest you get your jab. I got my update on Monday and I feel fine, just like the 4 before it.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Getting my booster finally tomorrow.  Was supposed to a couple of weeks ago but the pharmacy where my appointment was ran out and never bothered to tell me.  For the record, healthy 30something who appreciates it being free and figures the balance of probabilities favours getting it done.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

18 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

Oh please do. My next comment to you would be to fuck off and take your smarmy ignorance with you but I won't .... I wouldn't want anyone to be forced into giving me a timeout for calling an asshole an asshole.

No, you certainly wouldn't want to do that. Good to see you exercising restraint. Lol.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

We sure see a lot of willful ignorance in this thread. "D'uh, I got vaxxed a couple of years ago, so I done my duty. I don't need to ever get vaxxed again."

It's not as if immunity, whether acquired by infection or vaccination, wanes over time. And it's not as if viruses ever mutate.

"I am sure that the vaccination I got a couple of years ago will continue to protect me forever from all future mutations of the virus."

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

We sure see a lot of willful ignorance in this thread. "D'uh, I got vaxxed a couple of years ago, so I done my duty. I don't need to ever get vaxxed again."

It's not as if immunity, whether acquired by infection or vaccination, wanes over time. And it's not as if viruses ever mutate.

"I am sure that the vaccination I got a couple of years ago will continue to protect me forever from all future mutations of the virus."

It's hard to believe someone would still be chirping like that, but here we are.

• Cheers 3

Just now, WeneedLumme said:

I don't know why I wasted so much time yesterday in this thread.  I got sucked in by chirps from a guy who misuses the word foible in a sentence meant to show how educated they are.  Not that vocabulary counts for much, but I thought that was the best laugh in the thread.

Nice dream though - wouldn't be easier if all the dangerous things we face could be dealt with a single and one time only vaccine?  

• Cheers 3

I understand some of the arguments against getting the vaccine. Lack of long term/longitudinal studies because of the time constraints being one of them. Fair. I'm not getting additional jabs at this point unless something changes.

But the sheer lunacy I see on the internet is wild. I saw on twitter that "New Zealand loses 20% of its population due to covid vaccine". Like wtf is that trash? It's so far outside what is feasibly believable. And the thing is, people were eating it up. Maybe some of them were bots, I don't know. I'm pretty sure people would notice 1 million New Zealanders dying. Or the, "my cousin died 2 weeks after getting the jab".. what they don't tell you is their cousin was morbidly obese with heart failure and type 2 diabetes. Anyway, just needed to get that off my chest.

Carry on.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I understand some of the arguments against getting the vaccine. Lack of long term/longitudinal studies because of the time constraints being one of them. Fair. I'm not getting additional jabs at this point unless something changes.

But the sheer lunacy I see on the internet is wild. I saw on twitter that "New Zealand loses 20% of its population due to covid vaccine". Like wtf is that trash? It's so far outside what is feasibly believable. And the thing is, people were eating it up. Maybe some of them were bots, I don't know. I'm pretty sure people would notice 1 million New Zealanders dying. Or the, "my cousin died 2 weeks after getting the jab".. what they don't tell you is their cousin was morbidly obese with heart failure and type 2 diabetes. Anyway, just needed to get that off my chest.

Carry on.

Mississippi is now allowing parents to opt kids out of all vaccinations, based on religious grounds. 

Absolute morons. 

• Sad 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Carry on.

IMHAO there have always been gullible, easily duped morons. It’s just now there is the Internet so we hear of their strange views. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1