Vaccine thread

Gurn

2 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

- the virus is said to look to be man made 

- it originates in the area with the lab that performs this type of research

- people responsible for funding this type of research scramble to get their story together and claim ignorance 

Too much for me to be a coincidence so we will have to agree to disagree. 

Hopefully this reinforces the dangers of this type of research. 

As for Jim Jordan, he comes off as very level headed and not the usual gotcha-type of Senator. 

No agreement of any kind here. I can't even agree to disagree.  Feel free to flame or mark me as toxic. I will consider it a compliment.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

1) - the virus is said to look to be man made 

2) - it originates in the area with the lab that performs this type of research

3) - people responsible for funding this type of research scramble to get their story together and claim ignorance 

As for Jim Jordan, he comes off as very level headed and not the usual gotcha-type of Senator. 

1)  According to whom??  Like, what analysis did they actually do??

2)  So, an area of the world where a significant outbreak of a coronavirus occurs (SARS in 2003) and we shouldn't set up a lab in the area to research said coronaviruses to maybe learn things about them and maybe prevent a larger outbreak in the future??  Nope, it was put there for nefarious reasons.

3)  Evidence.  Maybe please don't go the YouTube route.  Posting one just means you've nodded along and did zero actual "research".

1 hour ago, AatuD2 said:

Jim Jordan is one of the more level headed Senators out there, agreed. 

Of course nature is capable of it.  

However the virus originates in Wuhan, one of the only places that conducts this type of research? You don't find that coincidence a bit too much of a...  coincidence? 

Jim Jordon level headed????

lol-icegif-4.gif

49 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

- the virus is said to look to be man made 

- it originates in the area with the lab that performs this type of research

- people responsible for funding this type of research scramble to get their story together and claim ignorance 

Jordon isn't a senator.

• Cheers 1

On 12/15/2023 at 10:46 AM, The Arrogant Worms said:

My mother in law and my brother in law have Covid now.

I got my booster in September, my partner hasn't got her yet and has been battling covid for three weeks now.  Though she probably doesn't "have" the virus anymore, it is absolutely obliterating her body and lungs.  It hit her hard for about 12 days, she felt better for a couple of days and then it came back hard for round 2.  It's wearing her down physically and mentally

I don't even have a sniffle.

Edited by stawns
  • Huggy Bear 2

2 hours ago, AatuD2 said:

Maybe people need to hear that it's okay to both believe in medicine and vaccines in general, but still believe that this virus was man-made. 

Our health authorities in fact have rules and reservations about this type of research PRECISELY because something like this could happen (and by all accounts it did). 

This thread is full of left wing extremists that refuse to listen to anything that doesn’t paint Bonny or Daddy Trudy in the most positive of lights.  

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 2

38 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

This thread is full of left wing extremists that refuse to listen to anything that doesn’t paint Bonny or Daddy Trudy in the most positive of lights.  

Left leaning maybe.  Extremist?   That's a bit extreme.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Jordon isn't a senator.

My bad, house representative. Easy to mix up the two different sets of hearings that come out. 

My point still stands that he's pretty factual and doesn't revert to making strawmen arguments that both Democrats and Republicans make. 

Have you watched any of his stuff on the Covid lab leak hearings? 

5 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Left leaning maybe.  Extremist?   That's a bit extreme.

Yeah, I think it's standard left wing stuff, not extremist... 

If you told me 20 years ago that people defending biotech companies would be the left, I would've laughed. 

20 years ago I was knee deep into Commercial Drive, hippies, left wing politics, and people that were all about natural medicine and healing haha 

3 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

If you told me 20 years ago that people defending biotech companies would be the left, I would've laughed. 

20 years ago I was knee deep into Commercial Drive, hippies, left wing politics, and people that were all about natural medicine and healing haha 

Why is believing in Vaccines defending Biotech companies?  I grew up when you had to get a polio shot among others.

There was no left or right just common sense.

Natural medicines have always been a bunch of crap.  And people still believe in them....and die from just taking them.

20 years ago hippies?  Lol really?  Hippies were from my time.

• ThereItIs 1

59 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Yes, it is. It is also full of right wing extremists who refuse to listen. Period.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

20 years ago hippies

20 years ago this was the biggest hit in the club i worked at...

stinky hippies...

Damn, I enjoyed hearing that again...

Now I feel like driving my dart around the neighbourhood and mean mugging people.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

My bad, house representative. Easy to mix up the two different sets of hearings that come out. 

My point still stands that he's pretty factual and doesn't revert to making strawmen arguments that both Democrats and Republicans make. 

Yes, I have.  It's clear that he had already made up his mind before the hearings even began.  It might have been truly what he believed, or it might have been playing up to his believers.

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

No but his work on covering up sexual abuse is

America Wait GIF

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

I fail to see where vaccination, which has probably saved more lives than any other medical development in the history of human civilization, has anything to do with politics.

• Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, AatuD2 said:

Just curious: Are you aware that he's threatening to hold Hunter Biden in contempt, because Biden refuses a subpoena for a closed door deposition with the House Committee? (Biden has agreed to appear publicly, but that doesn't suit JJ)

Are you also aware that Jordan himself defied a subpoena to appear before the Jan 6th committee?

You couldn't be more off the mark if that had been what you were trying to do....

• Vintage 1