Vaccine thread

Gurn

On 12/29/2023 at 2:13 PM, The Arrogant Worms said:

Now my best friend is very sick with Covid.  He is also immune comprised.  And his  wife is sick with the flu and possibly strep.

Are they vaccinated?

Just now, the destroyer of worlds said:

And those people would line up for Modernas cancer treatment that is entering a phase 3 trial that shows promise for treating melanoma.   

Or the improved flu shot due for next flu season.

Or any number of vaccines and treatments due to be developed. 

Nope, all poison according to them.

I'm past caring. They can not take it, full yer boots.

My sister came up with this doozy. She said I've had 3 vaccines, but no more. She apparently knows "lots" of people who have died because of the vaccine and complications with their hearts from the vaccine. I said I've never heard of anyone, she said well there are "lots" of them who have. End of conversation.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

And those people would line up for Modernas cancer treatment that is entering a phase 3 trial that shows promise for treating melanoma.   

Or the improved flu shot due for next flu season.

Or any number of vaccines and treatments due to be developed. 

Nope, all poison according to them.

Maybe it IS actually some Machiavellian WEF scheme to reduce the world's population... The conspiracy nutters just have it backwards, it's just the anti vax tin foil hat folks that will get killed off by preventable diseases.. 😏

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I've always never understood the conspiracy crowd crowing that the vaccines were some conspiracy.   Like, why would the elite kill the sheep who followed their instructions and let the people who didn't live on, knowing the truth.  

The first people you take out are your loudest critics.  That way when it's time to cull the sheep, there is no one left to criticize.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 2

1 hour ago, Johngould21 said:

My sister came up with this doozy. She said I've had 3 vaccines, but no more. She apparently knows "lots" of people who have died because of the vaccine and complications with their hearts from the vaccine. I said I've never heard of anyone, she said well there are "lots" of them who have. End of conversation.

Sorry friend but your sister is s friggin’ moron. Hopefully she doesn’t have kids. Her ignorance will only harm them. 

2 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

I've always never understood the conspiracy crowd crowing that the vaccines were some conspiracy.   Like, why would the elite kill the sheep who followed their instructions and let the people who didn't live on, knowing the truth.  

The first people you take out are your loudest critics.  That way when it's time to cull the sheep, there is no one left to criticize.

Logic never was their strong suit.  :hurhur:

12 hours ago, Johngould21 said:

That's sad. Certainly sounds like a social media problem or shitty boyfriend maybe.

7 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

It's funny, because I grew up one of 6 kids and dysfunctional hardly describes the lot of us. You'd think that at least one of us would be an anti-vaxxer, but as far as I know, none of us are. (My oldest sister especially, has always been prone to be sucked in by conspiracy theories)

I put it down to our upbringing. My mom was a hospital worker he entire adult life. (First as a Nurse's Aide and then a Medical Records Clerk and an HEU Bargaining Committee rep) It was drilled into us from a young age that doctors are to be respected and their medical advice followed. Apparently that has followed us all into adulthood.

it all comes down to stupid politics. For some reason, people on the right in particular made it the lens to use. You're a big pussy if you wear a mask, etc. I'll take one vaccine but not two. On and on.

But people are making informed choices. If they, after all we've seen, are still deciding not to take the protection offered, then thats on them. If enough un-vaxed people start to die again, they'll just blame Trudeau anyway. There's nothing to say to these kinds of folks. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

That's sad. Certainly sounds like a social media problem or shitty boyfriend maybe.

No, what it really is, is a small Interior town mentality. They're both in their mid 60's, but I think are persuaded by people that didn't think the virus existed. Some of these same people were saying during the high rates of Covid that these stats were made up by the gov't, by the media (Global TV), and hospitals weren't overfilled with sick and dying people. Well, most of those small towns aren't equipped for viruses like Covid anyway, so I believe that's what they were basing their theories on. It's beyond sad, it's ignorance.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Johngould21 said:

No, what it really is, is a small Interior town mentality. They're both in their mid 60's, but I think are persuaded by people that didn't think the virus existed. Some of these same people were saying during the high rates of Covid that these stats were made up by the gov't, by the media (Global TV), and hospitals weren't overfilled with sick and dying people. Well, most of those small towns aren't equipped for viruses like Covid anyway, so I believe that's what they were basing their theories on. It's beyond sad, it's ignorance.

Wow. Reading that just confirms my thoughts that there's no benefit to trying to reason with folks that have this view. What could you tell her that could top that thinking?

Edited by Bob Long
  • ThereItIs 1

How could anyone debunk such a fancy graph?  It sure looks to me like cancer rates are climbing and have been doing so for years.

Why are cancer rates increasing?

"Those numbers are remarkable," said Dr. Christopher Flowers, an oncologist at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. The study said that while genetics is a contributing factor to the increase, poor diet, alcohol and tobacco use, physical inactivity and obesity also play major roles.Sep 6, 2023

Why is Canada's cancer rate so high?
This related to the incident rate – that shared number of people who are being diagnosed with cancer in Canada. This has a lot to do with our growing and aging population," she said. "The other side of the coin is a bit more optimistic, and that's around the fact that more people are surviving cancer."Nov 11, 2022
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

How could anyone debunk such a fancy graph?  It sure looks to me like cancer rates are climbing and have been doing so for years.

"Those numbers are remarkable," said Dr. Christopher Flowers, an oncologist at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. The study said that while genetics is a contributing factor to the increase, poor diet, alcohol and tobacco use, physical inactivity and obesity also play major roles.Sep 6, 2023

This related to the incident rate – that shared number of people who are being diagnosed with cancer in Canada. This has a lot to do with our growing and aging population," she said. "The other side of the coin is a bit more optimistic, and that's around the fact that more people are surviving cancer."Nov 11, 2022

Nice work Satch....

I was going to guess that it was because of all the extra windmills....

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

So our aging population is responsible for a 10% increase in cancer over the last couple of years?  Everyone I know who recently got it are well under the age of 50. 

Edited by bolt