Vaccine thread

Gurn

Do mRNA vaccines produce harmful “junk proteins” that “gunk up” the cell and cause unintended “off-target” immune responses?

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/do-mrna-vaccines-produce-harmful-junk-proteins-that-gunk-up-the-cell-and-cause-rogue-immune-responses/

A new study is making the rounds in the antivax crankosphere. The study found that the modified mRNA used in the Pfizer vaccine can cause a frame shift (to be explained) that results in the production of proteins besides the intended spike protein. The findings are, as you probably guessed, a big nothingburger compared to how they are being spun.

• Cheers 1

On 1/6/2024 at 3:15 PM, the destroyer of worlds said:

Thanks for that. 

Those numbers could easily be accounted for any reason other than DA VAxxiNEzzz.

lncreases in testing, accuracy and availability will no doubt lead to larger cervical cancer numbers. As you pointed out positive outcomes are also way up with early testing, better treatments and with the hpv vaccine. From the story -

“This is part of our commitment to eliminate cervical cancer in our province in 10 years.”

B.C. to offer Canada’s first at-home, self-screening test for cervical cancer

Amy_Judd_Web1.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w
By Amy Judd  Global News
Posted January 9, 2024 1:09 pm
 Updated January 9, 2024 9:30 pm 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Rapid Antigen Tests are not reliable for diagnosis of COVID-19 and must be discontinued immediately.  I have never used one of these tests but from what I have been told they gave out ALOT of false positives...

COVID4.jpg

There's a ton of information on this but the people who've bought in won't listen to it because it's not in the mainstream media. The guy who invented it said you can make anything appear as a positive depending how you run the cycles, but again, those who bought in call it conspiracy, fake news or anti science 

Edit: In fact I'll probably be attacked for saying this. 

Edited by 6YPE

So, from what I read on that paper is that RAT is to be discontinued for medical facilities and replaced with a more reliable, clinical test.

It also mentions updated provincial guides to determine if symptomatic employees should return to work and that healthcare workers can continue to use RAT at their discretion.

Bottom line: I'm not sure what the point is. Are you saying that the whole mitigation strategy was a waste? If not, then what?

False positives happen. I think we all knew that....but in the face of a deadly pandemic, do we not want to err on the side of caution?

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

So, from what I read on that paper is that RAT is to be discontinued for medical facilities and replaced with a more reliable, clinical test.

It also mentions updated provincial guides to determine if symptomatic employees should return to work and that healthcare workers can continue to use RAT at their discretion.

Bottom line: I'm not sure what the point is. Are you saying that the whole mitigation strategy was a waste? If not, then what?

False positives happen. I think we all knew that....but in the face of a deadly pandemic, do we not want to err on the side of caution?

According to Dr. Brian Conway, who is the Vancouver Infectious Diseases Centre’s medical director, the move to the PCR test is the right thing to do, as it is far more accurate.

“(The PCR) test … we have always known is more sensitive and more reliable,” he said.

Dr. Conway said the rapid tests still have “huge value.”

“Huge value, huge value. We’re not diagnosing much of the COVID that is being transmitted in the community,” he told Global News.

“If you’re at home (and) you have symptoms (and) you test positive on a rapid test — you have COVID … we’re going to address that appropriately.”

• ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, 6YPE said:

There's a ton of information on this but the people who've bought in won't listen to it because it's not in the mainstream media. The guy who invented it said you can make anything appear as a positive depending how you run the cycles, but again, those who bought in call it conspiracy, fake news or anti science 

not "attacking" you but I'm not sure how you make the leap to MSM, etc. based on the Interior Health letter? 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 6YPE said:

It was the easiest cheapest and best way to get quick access to tests to the most people. It was never the best test nor claimed to be.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

I think the point is that someone wants to conflate internal directive for a local health unit with general public guidelines.  That's what I took out of someone choosing to publish an internal administrative memo that has no bearing on the greater public.

• Cheers 3

3 hours ago, 4petesake said:

It was the easiest cheapest and best way to get quick access to tests to the most people. It was never the best test nor claimed to be.

And transitioning away from them in HEALTH CARE as we move through the endemic phase is understandable.  

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

not "attacking" you but I'm not sure how you make the leap to MSM, etc. based on the Interior Health letter? 

Because in some circles this has been known for a long time. Had I told you this two weeks ago you would have been all over me calling me a conspiracy theorist or all kinds of other nasty stuff

4 minutes ago, 6YPE said:

Because in some circles this has been known for a long time. Had I told you this two weeks ago you would have been all over me calling me a conspiracy theorist or all kinds of other nasty stuff

I'm just too curious to wait for Bob to reply.   Which circles?

15 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I'm just too curious to wait for Bob to reply.   Which circles?

The ones where if you say anything even slightly countering or conflicting anything to do with vaccines, guidelines or testing you're attacked like flies on poop

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Wiggums said:

The ones where if you say anything even slightly countering or conflicting anything to do with vaccines, guidelines or testing you're attacked like flies on poop

I don't really care too much where something is said.   I just care if it's valid and based on fact.   Some news sources are not so interested in validity or facts and  seem to be more interested in laying blame so I was curious. I  have to admit I was also a bit dubious and wanted to know if the reported circles actually existed.  

And yes, it does look like these tests are not as trustworthy as other tests and will no longer be used at health care sites. I bet health care sites also have better thermometers than the one in my house but that won't stop me from using mine if I need to.   

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, 4petesake said:

According to Dr. Brian Conway, who is the Vancouver Infectious Diseases Centre’s medical director, the move to the PCR test is the right thing to do, as it is far more accurate.

“(The PCR) test … we have always known is more sensitive and more reliable,” he said.

Dr. Conway said the rapid tests still have “huge value.”

“Huge value, huge value. We’re not diagnosing much of the COVID that is being transmitted in the community,” he told Global News.

“If you’re at home (and) you have symptoms (and) you test positive on a rapid test — you have COVID … we’re going to address that appropriately.”

Did he say HUGE, or just huge?

Also, if they are still of HUGE value, then why are they discontinuing them?

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

They are discontinuing them in EMERGENCY ROOMS, HOSPITALS, LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES, and OUTPATIENT SETTINGS and switching to the more accurate PCR tests.  Not in the general public.  The value is in this.  That if you feel sick.  You can run a test at home.  If it is positive, then you go forward as if you have Covid.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

To determine if they are of HUGE value we'd first have to determine if he said HUGE or just huge.

Any other questions you may have are answered in the doctor's statement.

13 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

They are discontinuing them in EMERGENCY ROOMS, HOSPITALS, LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES, and OUTPATIENT SETTINGS and switching to the more accurate PCR tests.  Not in the general public.  The value is in this.  That if you feel sick.  You can run a test at home.  If it is positive, then you go forward as if you have Covid.  

So, a person who feels sick is supposed to run a home test that has been deemed by the medical community as unreliable and then if they show a positive result they are supposed to assume they have COVID?  

That doesn't make alot of sense.  If the test is unreliable and not even sufficient to be used in a medical facility, then it shouldn't be used at home either.  If someone is sick then they should simply stay home like we were always told to do.  If they are worried that they may have COVID then they should go see their doctor and have the doctor run a proper PCR test.  If they are really sick then they should go to the emergency room like we always do.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So, a person who feels sick is supposed to run a home test that has been deemed by the medical community as unreliable and then if they show a positive result they are supposed to assume they have COVID?  

That doesn't make alot of sense.  If the test is unreliable and not even sufficient to be used in a medical facility, then it shouldn't be used at home either.  If someone is sick then they should simply stay home like we were always told to do.  If they are worried that they may have COVID then they should go see their doctor and have the doctor run a proper PCR test.  If they are really sick then they should go to the emergency room like we always do.

If you are really interested you will get better answers from Google than you will here.   I just did and it all made sense to me.  I suspect mileage may vary based on preconceptions and browser history.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 6YPE said:

only if you acted like a jerk. 

So help me out, what "circles"? So not any of the MSM, or anyone at Interior Health, correct?

• Cheers 1

Just now, RupertKBD said:

Pretty sure it's "Crop".....or maybe "Sewing".....

I was tempted to ask if it was around a campfire beside a semitrailer in Ottawa but contained myself. (until now) 

• Cheers 2

36 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The first sentence is why the home test is there.  So you don't have legions of people running to get PCR tests when they really don't need to.  That is why.  If you really need to know (like for work), then yes, PCR test.  For most, an at home test is more than adequate to at least have an idea if you have Covid or not.  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

34 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

If you are really interested you will get better answers from Google than you will here.   I just did and it all made sense to me.  I suspect mileage may vary based on preconceptions and browser history.

I use Google all the time to at least get basic information on things.  I had strep throat a few weeks ago.  My doctor was busy and I couldn't even get a phone call with her, so instead of tying up the emergency room I googled strep throat.  The internet told me to drink ginger tea with lemon, honey and cayenne pepper.  If that didn't work, then I'd need antibiotics.  Just to be on the safe side I called up my friend who knows a doctor.  The doctor called me and face timed me and looked at my throat.  She told me most likely I had strep throat and to start drinking ginger tea with lemon, honey and cayenne pepper!!  And if that didn't work, she'd write me a prescription for antibiotics.  What a coincidence!!  

So, I've learned from a long time ago to always get a second opinion and that Google is your friend and can at least help you to go in the right direction when you are not feeling well...

Edited by Elias Pettersson

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I use Google all the time to at least get basic information on things.  I had strep throat a few weeks ago.  My doctor was busy and I couldn't even get a phone call with her, so instead of tying up the emergency room I googled strep throat.  The internet told me to drink ginger tea with lemon, honey and cayenne pepper.  If that didn't work, then I'd need antibiotics.  Just to be on the safe side I called up my friend who knows a doctor.  The doctor called me and face timed me and looked at my throat.  She told me most likely I had strep throat and to start drinking ginger tea with lemon, honey and cayenne pepper!!  And if that didn't work, she'd write me a prescription for antibiotics.  What a coincidence!!  

So, I've learned from a long time ago to always get a second opinion and that Google is your friend and can at least help you to go in the right direction when you are not feeling well...

You can't tell strep throat by looking down your throat on face time.  That doctor is a idiot.

Also as my wife who is a Pharmacist told me never try and self diagnose yourself on Google.

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1