Vaccine thread

Gurn

13 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

You can't tell strep throat by looking down your throat on face time.  That doctor is a idiot.

Also as my wife who is a Pharmacist told me never try and self diagnose yourself on Google.

Sure you can. And this doctor isn’t an idiot. Why would you not try and at least get basic info from the internet?  Are you literally from the Stone Age? 

So, just to be clear we are supposed to use a home test kit that has been deemed unreliable by the medical community to self diagnose us for COVID, but we certainly can’t use the internet to do the same thing.  🤣

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Sure you can. And this doctor isn’t an idiot. Why would you not try and at least get basic info from the internet?  Are you literally from the Stone Age? 

So, just to be clear we are supposed to use a home test kit that has been deemed unreliable by the medical community to self diagnose us for COVID, but we certainly can’t use the internet to do the same thing.  🤣

LOL...I will take my wife's word over yours.

And you cant tell strep by looking down someones mouth.  It isnt possible.

Nuff said.

PS..I nerver said anything about Covid.  Read again.

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The interweb told me that strep throat can be contagious for 2-3wks if not treated by antibiotics...

You stayed home right?

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Didn't all this recent stuff start with a suggestion - apparently unheeded - to use the internet to determine why 'we are supposed to use a home test kit that has been deemed unreliable by the medical community to self diagnose us for COVID'?

• Cheers 3

29 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Well aren’t you like a dog with a bone on these RAT kits. Definitely less reliable and among the reasons for this is the test may be conducted by a dummy at home as opposed to a PCR test done by a health care professional. If you’re having covid symptoms and test positive on a RAT then follow it up with a professional. Have no clue why this seems unreasonable to you. Women who take home pregnancy tests generally follow up with their HCP after a positive test.

Like that you picked out the HUGE part and thought of it too when I posted. :classic_laugh:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Well aren’t you like a dog with a bone on these RAT kits. Definitely less reliable and among the reasons for this is the test may be conducted by a dummy at home as opposed to a PCR test done by a health care professional. If you’re having covid symptoms and test positive on a RAT then follow it up with a professional. Have no clue why this seems unreasonable to you. Women who take home pregnancy tests generally follow up with their HCP after a positive test.

Like that you picked out the HUGE part and thought of it too when I posted. :classic_laugh:

Isn’t that EXACTLY what I did with my strep throat?  I used the internet to take my test and then went out and talked to a professional to confirm it. 

So what exactly is the difference? 

Also, the idea that a doctor can’t look down your throat via face time to determine strep throat is pretty idiotic. That is exactly how they determine strep throat when you go into a doctor’s office. They literally look down your throat and tell you to say awww.

Seems like some people have still not embraced 21st century technology. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Nuff said.

The first thing a doctor does to determine strep throat is to look down your throat for lesions. If the physical exam shows symptoms then they will swab your throat and test for bacteria. That’s the 2nd step. 

That’s what an actual doctor told me. I’ll take her word over your wife’s word who is a Pharmacist. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

You can't tell strep throat by looking down your throat on face time.  That doctor is a idiot.

Also as my wife who is a Pharmacist told me never try and self diagnose yourself on Google.

I think the "doctor" might be in the naturopathic category 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The first thing a doctor does to determine strep throat is to look down your throat for lesions. If the physical exam shows symptoms then they will swab your throat and test for bacteria. That’s the 2nd step. 

That’s what an actual doctor told me. I’ll take her word over your wife’s word who is a Pharmacist. 

So the swab is key for diagnosis of strep still, right? I’m guessing the Internet doctor could recommend getting tested for strep, but not diagnose it without the swab? 

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think the "doctor" might be in the naturopathic category 

Why do always assume things?  You should never assume anything Bob, because you know what that means. 

The doctor in question has her own practice in Burnaby. You know with real patients.  She literally has other doctors working underneath her.  

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Why do always assume things?  You should never assume anything Bob, because you know what that means. 

The doctor in question has her own practice in Burnaby. You know with real patients.  She literally has other doctors working underneath her.  

So is she a naturopath or not?

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So the swab is key for diagnosis of strep still, right? I’m guessing the Internet doctor could recommend getting tested for strep, but not diagnose it without the swab? 

Yes that is correct. If there are lesions it’s pretty clear you have strep throat but the swab test for the strep bacteria is the final indicator. Strep throat affects your tonsils so there will always be lesions if you have it. 

The immediate course of action is to drink the tea 3 times per day. That usually clears it up within a week. Mine was cleared in 4 days. If you still have the lesions after a week then you need to take antibiotics to clear the infection. 

• Thanks 1

Yes.

Huh. 

Would you like her name and phone number too?  She’s kinda cute. Maybe you’ll get lucky. 

I'll have to clear it with my wife first

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Mine was cleared in 4 days

You stayed home....right?

I'm still gonna bug you about...

If you’re treated with antibiotics, you’ll remain contagious until you’ve been on antibiotics for at least 24 hours. If you don’t seek treatment, you’ll remain contagious for 2 to 3 weeks after contracting the infection.

https://www.healthline.com/health/is-strep-throat-contagious#transmission

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Nuff said.

To be fair, Arrogant Worms, you might not be completely correct...

https://www.healthline.com/health/sore-throat-vs-strep-throat

image.thumb.png.5d9a5ea26a0bf80cc7dddfa975a16762.png

But I think Elias Pettersson's tone could've been better worded...the way you wrote this is kinda rude.

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

You satyed home....right?

I'm still gonna bug you about...

If you’re treated with antibiotics, you’ll remain contagious until you’ve been on antibiotics for at least 24 hours. If you don’t seek treatment, you’ll remain contagious for 2 to 3 weeks after contracting the infection.

https://www.healthline.com/health/is-strep-throat-contagious#transmission

Yes the doctor told me to stay home. I work mostly from home so wasn’t an issue for me. I might have spent a little more time on CFF during that period. 

Also, it’s interesting that you got that information from the internet. I mean you didn’t have to go see a doctor in person to get that info right?  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes the doctor told me to stay home. I work mostly from home so wasn’t an issue for me. I might have spent a little more time on CFF during that period. 

Also, it’s interesting that you got that information from the internet. I mean you didn’t have to go see a doctor in person to get that info right?  

You still need a doctor to do a test to CONFIRM if it is a strep throat. You can't rely on the internet for everything.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes the doctor told me to stay home. I work mostly from home so wasn’t an issue for me. I might have spent a little more time in CFF during that period. 

I said that the frist time I asked. 'interweb'

And good for you for staying home. My sisters fam all got it and we had a grumble about people not learning anything from Covid. If sick, stay home. Especailly something like strep. I used to get it so bad that they wanted to take out my tonsils at 21, not a small thing at that age. 

Edit: In fact the Dr at StPauls said it was the worst case of strep he had ever seen. I was passing out due to my giant tonsils swelling and blocking my airways. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PureQuickness said:

You still need a doctor to do a test to CONFIRM if it is a strep throat. You can't rely on the internet for everything.

Yes I agree 100%. However, you can certainly use the internet to do your own research to at least get some basic information which is what bishop did. Of course you always want to consult a professional for best and accurate results. Which is exactly what I did when I face timed a real doctor. My strep throat cleared after 4 days so I didn’t need to take any antibiotics. 

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Isn’t that EXACTLY what I did with my strep throat?  I used the internet to take my test and then went out and talked to a professional to confirm it. 

So what exactly is the difference? 

Also, the idea that a doctor can’t look down your throat via face time to determine strep throat is pretty idiotic. That is exactly how they determine strep throat when you go into a doctor’s office. They literally look down your throat and tell you to say awww.

Seems like some people have still not embraced 21st century technology. 

No difference at all so long as you followed up with a professional, same as a positive rapid antigen test.

• Cheers 1