Vaccine thread

Gurn

1 minute ago, Duodenum said:

Because they did studies large enough to see side effects that even if they occur, would be so infrequent that it would not come close to the benefit of having the vaccine distributed. 

Ie a study of 70,000 ppl can easily miss a side effect that occurs 1 in 50,000-100,000 injections. Once the observational studies occur post release (happens with all medication/vaccine), then we usually see rare side effects that do not pop up in the studies and things can be adjusted accordingly. 

Those side effects that do pop up in the study, may not occur at a high enough rate vs placebo to warrant change either or the 'power' of the study isn't high enough to confidently say that the side effect occurred due to the vaccine or due to statistical anomaly. 

we see this in medical devices all the time. There, the number of patients in a study rarely gets to the numbers like it does for drug studies, which is why you see so many recalls in med tech. 

It's a tough balance, you could delay new devices for decades to try to get something like 70,000 people, or simply make it impossible to develop. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

whatever credibility you may have built with anyone is gone. 

Why? Because people who have been convinced to repeatedly take a shot which doesn't prevent transmission, carries risks of adverse reactions, and which the limited protection it provides wanes in a couple of months could be viewed as suckers? Especially since each shot transfers tax dollars to a big pharma bank account?

I'll be more specific though, older people may have a better risk benefit analysis, so I'll excuse them from the sucker category, but anyone under 30? You've been taken up the garden path.

Just now, Xanlet said:

Why? Because people who have been convinced to repeatedly take a shot which doesn't prevent transmission, carries risks of adverse reactions, and which the limited protection it provides wanes in a couple of months could be viewed as suckers? Especially since each shot transfers tax dollars to a big pharma bank account?

I'll be more specific though, older people may have a better risk benefit analysis, so I'll excuse them from the sucker category, but anyone under 30? You've been taken up the garden path.

you know who makes ivermectin right? starts with "big". 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

As covid was running rampant, health agencies did not have the luxury of time.

Again, I reference Statistics Canada which reported the average age of death from Covid for the year or 2020 was 83.8 years old. Why rush a product, and force the public to take it, when the disease that was "running rampant" was only really a risk to older people? Again, the shots do not prevent transmission so the idea of forcing someone to take an unknown risk to benefit another person is void from the start, and the true risk factor was unknown since the clinical trials were too small to catch events that may occur in the 10,000s of doses.

Why the "one size fits all" approach? There were clearly different calculations to be made for different age groups.

Also, there is zero justification to use authority to force someone to take a risk of unknown proportion on the basis of not spreading a disease when the disease can be spread after the shot anyway!

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Again, it's off patent. Big pharma ain't getting big off of generic drugs which are off patent. They get rich off publicly funded research that they get to patent and charge governments inflated prices for. If this flies over your head, I reference my earlier statement about getting taken up the garden path.

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Again with the ivermectin. Without your petty insults to Alberta this time do you think all unvaccinated people take ivermectin?   Do people not have a chance without taking something from big pharma?

1 minute ago, Xanlet said:

Again, it's off patent. Big pharma ain't getting big off of generic drugs which are off patent. They get rich off publicly funded research that they get to patent and charge governments inflated prices for. If this flies over your head, I reference my earlier statement about getting taken up the garden path.

well, good thing we all have you to point us to the horse paste. 

You've lost the plot. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

well, good thing we all have you to point us to the horse paste. 

You've lost the plot. 

As I've stated before, it's been prescribed 3.7 billion times to human beings, was hailed a wonder drug for curing the parasite causing river blindness in Africa, and is listed on the WHO's top most essential medicines for the human race, but sure. It's just horse paste. Glad we have you in the thread to make sure nothing is being misrepresented!

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Xanlet said:

As I've stated before, it's been prescribed 3.7 billion times to human beings, was hailed a wonder drug for curing the parasite causing river blindness in Africa, and is listed on the WHO's top most essential medicines for the human race, but sure. It's just horse paste. Glad we have you in the thread to make sure nothing is being misrepresented!

is covid a parasite? 

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Alflives said:

IMHAO these two accounts (xan and SS) are the same person. Their writing is too similar. 

likely.

I think they must have a new crop of material from their anti-vaxxer user group. 

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

why would you think you have a better choice? thats what social media has done to you. 

I had covid February of 22.  No shots no ivermectin. I was fine. Tired for an evening. Believing you need countless covid shots or horse paste is what the media has done to you

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Xanlet said:

Again, I reference Statistics Canada which reported the average age of death from Covid for the year or 2020 was 83.8 years old. Why rush a product, and force the public to take it, when the disease that was "running rampant" was only really a risk to older people? Again, the shots do not prevent transmission so the idea of forcing someone to take an unknown risk to benefit another person is void from the start, and the true risk factor was unknown since the clinical trials were too small to catch events that may occur in the 10,000s of doses.

Why the "one size fits all" approach? There were clearly different calculations to be made for different age groups.

Also, there is zero justification to use authority to force someone to take a risk of unknown proportion on the basis of not spreading a disease when the disease can be spread after the shot anyway!

I guess you would have rather had people in tents outside hospitals. And our health system would be in worse shape today with more medical people quitting or burnt out.

All hospitals were slammed during covid. The vaccines were to stop from having you visit a hospital.

In my case, the drugs did what it supposed to do.

Do you say don't get  polio shots? Because oddly enough I never developed polio when I got mine.

Thinking the covid variant was just another flu, doesn't explain people drowinng in their own lung tissue.

I also wore steel toed boots when I worked at a rail yard. It helped my feet, but didn't help me smashing my shin.

I wear a helmet and riding gear when I rode my motorcycle. When an asshole cut me off, I didn't crack my skull, and my shoulder, and elbows were fine. But I dinged my ribs.

Hey you do you. Have you thought that rising cancer rates is generations of chemicals and pesticides seeping to the soil and water might have something to do with it?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

is covid a parasite? 

So you're willing to admit it's dishonest to refer to it as "horse paste" because your real concern is that it is an anti-parasite drug and not a anti-viral drug?

As I also mentioned before, when a drug has decades of safe usage, it's normal to use it in off-label ways to see if it has an effect on other conditions.

Are you just purposely being dishonest with regard to Ivermectin?

Just now, Alflives said:

No, but antivaxxers are. These people suck the life out of our medical system. 

they really do. If we get another pandemic, hopefully we'll just ignore them this time around and just leave them on their own. If they think horsey paste is a good idea, then go eat horsey paste I don't care. 

• Like 2

Just now, Spring Salmon said:

I had covid February of 22.  No shots no ivermectin. I was fine. Tired for an evening. Believing you need countless covid shots or horse paste is what the media has done to you

awesome, you are one data point. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO these two accounts (xan and SS) are the same person. Their writing is too similar. 

No never met him

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

No, but antivaxxers are. These people suck the life out of our medical system. 

No I haven't been to the doctor in years. Obese old people are the ones sucking our healthcare dry

• Confused 1

Just now, Xanlet said:

So you're willing to admit it's dishonest to refer to it as "horse paste" because your real concern is that it is an anti-parasite drug and not a anti-viral drug?

As I also mentioned before, when a drug has decades of safe usage, it's normal to use it in off-label ways to see if it has an effect on other conditions.

Are you just purposely being dishonest with regard to Ivermectin?

I mean, if I had a virus and someone wanted to give me an anti-parasite drug instead, that would be a concern to most thinking humans.

Horses tho like apple so you can fool them. 

Just now, Bob Long said:

I mean, if I had a virus and someone wanted to give me an anti-parasite drug instead, that would be a concern to most thinking humans.

Horses tho like apple so you can fool them. 

It's just such a bizarre thing to say. It's like saying "aspirin is given to horses, so I'm going to call aspirin horse pills forever". The fact that you can't see how ridiculous that is, is concerning.

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I guess you would have rather had people in tents outside hospitals. And our health system would be in worse shape today with more medical people quitting or burnt out.

Kind of like all the nurses who were fired when they refused the jab?

3 minutes ago, Xanlet said:

It's just such a bizarre thing to say. It's like saying "aspirin is given to horses, so I'm going to call aspirin horse pills forever". The fact that you can't see how ridiculous that is, is concerning.

I'm making fun of your attempt to fool people. I actually really like horses.