Vaccine thread

Gurn

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

So how are you going to feel when you get to your 60's, after having paid taxes for half a century and some prick says "stop sucking my healthcare system dry

You mean the way some people here said the same thing about unvaccinated people?    You know people that didn't need to be intubated for 3 days because they weren't that sick but were accused of destroying healthcare and killing grandma.   I probably won't care then just like I didn't care before

Just now, Spring Salmon said:

You mean the way some people here said the same thing about unvaccinated people?    You know people that didn't need to be intubated for 3 days because they weren't that sick but were accused of destroying healthcare and killing grandma.   I probably won't care then just like I didn't care before

No. What I mean is what I said. Who the fuck are you to say that someone else is sucking the system dry?

9 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

They're also the ones who have been paying into the system the longest. When I was in my 20's and 30's, I never went to the doctor either.

So how are you going to feel when you get to your 60's, after having paid taxes for half a century and some prick says "stop sucking my healthcare system dry, you fat old fuck"?

It's also a fact that elderly diabetic people cost the most in healthcare.  I'm sorry that offends you

1 minute ago, Spring Salmon said:

Are implying aging is a choice? 

• Cheers 1

It's also a fact that elderly diabetic people cost the most in healthcare.  I'm sorry that offends you

It's also a fact that young people eventually end up being old people. Sorry if that offends you....

• Cheers 1

You're both stretching and exaggerating.   Having been both young and old I can just about guarantee your opinion on this will change.

• ThereItIs 2

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

You're both stretching and exaggerating.   Having been both young and old I can just about guarantee your opinion on this will change.

I was just pointing out a fact. It's true they cost more.  There's no need to get so angry about it.    Hopefully I grow old enough to be collect my share too

• Confused 1

I was just pointing out a fact. It's true they cost more.  There's no need to get so angry about it.    Hopefully I grow old enough to be collect my share too

Facts are facts but it's all in the delivery.  Saying 'Obese old people are the ones sucking our healthcare dry' might not have been the best way to state your case.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Spring Salmon said:

People can't avoid getting old....

They can avoid becoming entitled assholes....maybe that becomes easier as you age, too....

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Spring Salmon said:

I'd just like to point out that you're not pointing out a fact; it's a claim. The 'fact' that you can't tell the difference between facts and claims is why you're part of the problem.

A fact is something that is rooted in established truths, which can be verified by data, such as numbers. A fact is not disputable.

I would guess that elderly people who are suffering from cancer are the most expensive, but the costs to keep them alive should NOT be a factor into why we should do it. We do it because we are human. They didn't fucking ask for cancer.

What about people who smoke? Many people who smoke get cancer, yet there are some who are cancer-free (like my uncle). It's not a fact to say that smoking leads to cancer, but it is completely fair to say that smoking increases the likelihood of lung cancer, much like how people who work with fire are more likely to get lung cancer as well.

Yet we don't just ignore people because they have medical problems. It's fucking heartless.

So just grow a heart and don't come back until you do. You sound like someone who I wouldn't want to support if you ever get into medical problems. Yet my taxes pay for you in case you stupidly run into a wall.

Edited by PureQuickness
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

Facts are facts but it's all in the delivery.  Saying 'Obese old people are the ones sucking our healthcare dry' might not have been the best way to state your case.

Ok noted.  After remembering alf posting that Shatner meme saying 'let them die' and hearing unvaccinated people should be denied healthcare I didn't think what I said was that harsh.  I'm not that young anymore (39) and look forward to my retirement years.  I used to call my dad(RIP) "the old guy" and he didn't wig out about it

1 minute ago, Spring Salmon said:

Ok noted.  After remembering alf posting that Shatner meme saying 'let them die' and hearing unvaccinated people should be denied healthcare I didn't think what I said was that harsh.  I'm not that young anymore (39) and look forward to my retirement years.  I used to call my dad(RIP) "the old guy" and he didn't wig out about it

Did you tell him he was a drain on society? Because that's the difference....

• Cheers 2

We have some exaggerators here saying some harsh stuff from time to time.  No reason to join them.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Did you tell him he was a drain on society? Because that's the difference....

He would've laughed it off.  Of all the condescending things you say on here I'm surprised this bothers you so much.  I've already said noted and that's all you're gonna get from me

5 minutes ago, Spring Salmon said:

He would've laughed it off.  Of all the condescending things you say on here I'm surprised this bothers you so much.  I've already said noted and that's all you're gonna get from me

I know right? Paying into MSP for 50 years and then having someone half your age tell you you're sucking the system dry....who would be offended by that?

1,621 members on this board.

Yet so many seem to know several of the 663,000 people that had a bad reaction to the shots, of which 14 billion were administered.

The math on that is just  mind blowing.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Spring Salmon said:

Dunno man, my magic 8 ball says "falls out of boat taking a leak". 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Dunno man, my magic 8 ball says "falls out of boat taking a leak". 

Nice try with the personal insult.  I have a real boat that's sturdy AF not one of your little plastic kayaks so your 8ball doesn't know shit

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Spring Salmon said:

Nice try with the personal insult.  I have a real boat that's sturdy AF not one of your little plastic kayaks so your 8ball doesn't know shit

chill Winston, its just a joke. 

• Haha 1

"Personal insult"....:classic_rolleyes:

Since it's still bugging you I will clarify my comments quickly.  My 'obese old people is a drain' was just a response to the countless people on here that called healthy unvaccinated people a drain on society.  It's odd that the ones most offended are the ones that said the most disgusting things during covid. 

Purequickness says that everybody deserves medical care and I agree with him.  Unfortunately that's not always what I heard in here.  Could I have said it better?  Yeah probably but it's already been said.  

I'm well aware of people with cancer and it's shitty.  My dad died of cancer.  When he was going into palliative care they tried to talk him into getting MAiD.  My mom told them to fuck off.  That is our healthcare now.  So if anyone thinks I'm heartless or whatever word I'm not.  I've literally lived it. 

So if you believe me or not it doesn't matter. 

Do you guys believe people when they say they've lost someone to cancer or is just a conspiracy if they say they know someone affected by the vax?

• Huggy Bear 2

6 minutes ago, Spring Salmon said:

Since it's still bugging you I will clarify my comments quickly.  My 'obese old people is a drain' was just a response to the countless people on here that called healthy unvaccinated people a drain on society.  It's odd that the ones most offended are the ones that said the most disgusting things during covid. 

Purequickness says that everybody deserves medical care and I agree with him.  Unfortunately that's not always what I heard in here.  Could I have said it better?  Yeah probably but it's already been said.  

I'm well aware of people with cancer and it's shitty.  My dad died of cancer.  When he was going into palliative care they tried to talk him into getting MAiD.  My mom told them to fuck off.  That is our healthcare now.  So if anyone thinks I'm heartless or whatever word I'm not.  I've literally lived it. 

Do you guys believe people when they say they've lost someone to cancer or is just a conspiracy if they say they know someone affected by the vax?

they weren't a drain, they were a pain in the ass. You have the choice to not take a vaccine, but that doesn't give you the right to then go out and impose yourself on others, because you have decided what "science" you like or not. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

they weren't a drain, they were a pain in the ass. You have the choice to not take a vaccine, but that doesn't give you the right to then go out and impose yourself on others, because you have decided what "science" you like or not. 

What do you mean impose yourself on others?  After all this time you do realize that the vaccine didn't prevent the spread right?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Spring Salmon said:

Cancer

Aging

Genetically disposed weight gain

These are not choices.

Not taking a shot because of your freedoms is 

If you don't understand why this is the issue at hand and you think it's really about the comment you made then you need to reset and rethink the conversation sir

Edited by Warhippy
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1