Vaccine thread

Gurn

Just now, Warhippy said:

Cacner

Aging

Genetically disposed weight gain

These are not choices.

Not taking a shot because of your freedoms is 

If you don't understand why this is the issue at hand and you think it's really about the comment you made then you need to reset and rethink the conversation sir

No, I am done with this conversation. Obviously no one is changing anyone's mind. Enjoy your Saturday. I'm out 

Just now, Spring Salmon said:

No, I am done with this conversation. Obviously no one is changing anyone's mind. Enjoy your Saturday. I'm out 

And we're back to square one in this infinite loop

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Spring Salmon said:

What do you mean impose yourself on others? 

I mean, you made a choice. You may have decided to not take it. Instead of dealing with it like a man, maybe you choose to whine at people running a restaurant or hassle healthcare workers. 

After all this time you do realize that the vaccine didn't prevent the spread right?

this comment just shows me what you're about. I guess it must give you a little buzz to feel right or something? ignorance is bliss maybe? dunno. 

Edited by Bob Long

What do you mean impose yourself on others?  After all this time you do realize that the vaccine didn't prevent the spread right?

It was never meant to prevent the spread.  I'll resist the temptation to put that all in caps.   But I will do this:

It was never meant to prevent the spread.

It's main goals were to reduce the severity of disease, the number of hospitalizations and deaths, and to increase herd immunity in the general population.   All of which helped prevent the spread in the end.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

It was never meant to prevent the spread.  I'll resist the temptation to put that all in caps.   But I will do this:

It's main goals were to reduce the severity of disease, the number of hospitalizations and deaths, and to increase herd immunity in the general population.   All of which helped prevent the spread in the end.

they know. Everyone knows. But they still say it because it gives them the feels. 

But we know for next time. Just go full hard line with these folks, spend zero time or money trying to change their minds, just hire security to keep them out of hospitals, care homes or other places with vulnerable people. 

• Vintage 2

16 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I mean, you made a choice. You may have decided to not take it. Instead of dealing with it like a man, maybe you choose to whine at people running a restaurant or hassle healthcare workers. 

this comment just shows me what you're about. I guess it must give you a little buzz to feel right or something? ignorance is bliss maybe? dunno. 

So just because I didn't get vaccinated now I automatically yell at waitresses and Hassel healthcare workers?   Your arguments keep getting more ridiculous by the day.   I used to think of you as someone who could see both sides of an issue but lately it seems like you've gone straight off the deep end.  Between this and the PP bashing you just seem angry all the time.  And then making a "joke" about me drowning but getting overly offended about everything I say is just weak.   Are you gonna call out any of this Satchmo or what?

And BTW my wife is a healthcare worker so that's not me protesting out there.  Get a grip

15 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

😬😬😬GOlQY0QWUAAoZqE.thumb.jpeg.1d998a5b858d329d33426e1d4c8dc962.jpeg

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Spring Salmon said:

For all the grief I want to give him over creating this p.o.s. operating system call "Windows", Bill Gates isn't wrong in his assertion on that chart.  The vaccine does give the body the ability to fight off much of the virus before it can take hold of the reproduction mechanisms, and even if it does breach and starts producing little baby virii, the vaccinated body still has the ability to identify it as "foreign hostile matter" and reduce viral count within the body.  Ergo, transmission becomes reduced.  

He's not wrong about that.

3 hours ago, Spring Salmon said:

You mean the way some people here said the same thing about unvaccinated people?    You know people that didn't need to be intubated for 3 days because they weren't that sick but were accused of destroying healthcare and killing grandma.   I probably won't care then just like I didn't care before

Do you like Mozart?

1 minute ago, Spring Salmon said:

Fauci & Walensky's quotes surprised me.   The others are just talkers and can be as wrong as anybody.

Google does not show me any proof of Fauci's quote.   It did show me some articles on some faked videos and statements.

When I saw this I remembered Walensky took back her words almost right away:

https://people.com/health/vaccinated-people-do-not-appear-carry-spread-covid-19/

Biden took shit for what he said:

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-business-health-government-and-politics-coronavirus-pandemic-46a270ce0f681caa7e4143e2ae9a0211

Google also leads me to believe I would not put much trust in the Free Thought Project.

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

This is incorrect, especially early on. There was a big decrease in transmission with the early versions of covid (and was seen in the studies) but it quickly mutated past the vaccine reducing the spread. 

Eventually it settled into the vaccine greatly reducing death and hospitalizations but not the number of cases.

So while they ended up being wrong about transmission, it didn't really matter in the end. 

• Cheers 1

It's funny how TRUMP'S hands in pushing the vaccine are absent.  He was even advocating for the vaccines being given to the public before the Phase 3 testing was finished and well before the vaccines were approved by the FDA.  Nope, it's all some giant liberal Democrat conspiracy. 

1 hour ago, Spring Salmon said:

So just because I didn't get vaccinated now I automatically yell at waitresses and Hassel healthcare workers?   Your arguments keep getting more ridiculous by the day.   I used to think of you as someone who could see both sides of an issue but lately it seems like you've gone straight off the deep end.  Between this and the PP bashing you just seem angry all the time.  And then making a "joke" about me drowning but getting overly offended about everything I say is just weak.   Are you gonna call out any of this Satchmo or what?

And BTW my wife is a healthcare worker so that's not me protesting out there.  Get a grip

Re-read my post.

3 hours ago, Spring Salmon said:

Since it's still bugging you I will clarify my comments quickly.  My 'obese old people is a drain' was just a response to the countless people on here that called healthy unvaccinated people a drain on society.  It's odd that the ones most offended are the ones that said the most disgusting things during covid. 

Purequickness says that everybody deserves medical care and I agree with him.  Unfortunately that's not always what I heard in here.  Could I have said it better?  Yeah probably but it's already been said.  

I'm well aware of people with cancer and it's shitty.  My dad died of cancer.  When he was going into palliative care they tried to talk him into getting MAiD.  My mom told them to fuck off.  That is our healthcare now.  So if anyone thinks I'm heartless or whatever word I'm not.  I've literally lived it. 

So if you believe me or not it doesn't matter. 

Do you guys believe people when they say they've lost someone to cancer or is just a conspiracy if they say they know someone affected by the vax?

I challenge you to find anything I said that was disgusting.

Quit trying to tap dance around what you said. Man up and stand by your words, or apologize for them. There is no justification for what you said, so stop trying to justify it. It was a dick thing to say and as long as you continue to try and justify it, that is exactly what I think you are.

And if you think that was a "personal attack", report it.

• Like 1

Just now, RupertKBD said:

Quit trying to tap dance around what you said. Man up and stand by your words, or apologize for them. There is no justification for what you said, so stop trying to justify it. It was a dick thing to say and as long as you continue to try and justify it, that is exactly what I think you are.

The victimhood is real.

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

The victimhood is real.

Yeah....apparently the world would be a better place if old people were denied the health care that they paid for, so some young dickwads can save money and spend it on car washes and dinner parties...or whatever pastimes they deem more important than my health....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spring Salmon said:

He would've laughed it off.  Of all the condescending things you say on here I'm surprised this bothers you so much.  I've already said noted and that's all you're gonna get from me

Oh bullshit! We know you won’t be gone.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

You challenge me to find things you said on a forum and thread that don't exist anymore?   Ya sure thing. 

You're going to have to show me where I said old people should be denied healthcare.  We both know you won't because that's not what I said.   For the last time I said 'obese old people put more strain on healthcare,  which is a fact.  Since my mom is not young anymore there's no way I would say something like that so I would appreciate you not speaking for me, thanks. 

On the last note no I won't report it.  I've never "reported" or "ratted" on anyone in my life and I'm not gonna start now.  That's just not my style

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

Yeah....apparently the world would be a better place if old people were denied the health care that they paid for, so some young dickwads can save money and spend it on car washes and dinner parties...or whatever pastimes they deem more important than my health....

More gaslighting from you.  Do you see the irony in complaining about someone being a dick and then twisting their words before calling them a dickwad?   And why are you still bringing up Peteys dinner parties?   Weak

1 minute ago, Spring Salmon said:

More gaslighting from you.  Do you see the irony in complaining about someone being a dick and then twisting their words before calling them a dickwad?   And why are you still bringing up Peteys dinner parties?   Weak

I thought you were leaving?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spring Salmon said:

You challenge me to find things you said on a forum and thread that don't exist anymore?   Ya sure thing. 

You're going to have to show me where I said old people should be denied healthcare.  We both know you won't because that's not what I said.   For the last time I said 'obese old people put more strain on healthcare,  which is a fact.  Since my mom is not young anymore there's no way I would say something like that so I would appreciate you not speaking for me, thanks. 

On the last note no I won't report it.  I've never "reported" or "ratted" on anyone in my life and I'm not gonna start now.  That's just not my style

Even if that thread did exist, you wouldn't find anything disgusting from me. That's just not my style.

I leave that sort of things to entitled assholes who think they're petty problems are more important that healthcare for older people.

2 minutes ago, Spring Salmon said:

I twisted nothing. You said what you said.

You're the one who's trying to pretend you said something else.

7 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I twisted nothing. You said what you said.

You're the one who's trying to pretend you said something else.

Either show me where I said that or drop it.  You're not fooling anybody