Vaccine thread

Gurn

1 hour ago, UncleBen said:

Your buddy JT declared we were basically lepers..not allowed on planes or trains or at public events.Remember Mr science himself Fauci saying don't invite us to family Christmas dinner.The list is long but the coercen didn't work so there's that.

I'm glad the governments of the world ultimately perhaps overreacted rather than underreact. Sorry, but potentially preventing mass casualties was more important than going on a holiday. 

Be thankful the virus ended up mutating to be relatively harmless eventually versus becoming more virulent and deadly. That not occurring is why we can have people coming here and complaining about overreacting in the first place. 

You're never going to get a perfect global health policy response. Not possible, could never happen. 

Remember Italy? 100,000 people died of covid in 2020. Could you imagine governments not imposing lockdowns after seeing the deaths stack up in other countries? The populace would've had their heads. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

9 hours ago, Xanlet said:

Again, let me reiterate, it was NOT the businesses telling unvaccinated people they could not enter, it was a mandate from the government which applied to all such businesses, regardless of whether the business agreed or not, they were compelled to comply.

As far as the evidence which gainsays it, please refer to the post I made 5 hours ago on the last page, multiple different sources I use show that there is no difference in viral load among vaccinated and unvaccinated when being nasally swabbed and there is no difference in Covid-19 case increases in highly vaccinated or lowly vaccinated countries or counties.

And governments are there to protect the safety of their people. A government mandate to try and ensure the safety of citizens takes precedent over individual desire. 

And sorry, but I'm not going to try and scroll back to find whichever post you're referring to. If you want to provide a link to it, I'll take a look.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, JIAHN said:

To all, I want to apologize for my tone..............I loved my uncle, and it is the anti-vaxer's that gave medical nurses and doctor's problems.......

I can not stand the POV and it makes me emotional...................

You have nothing to apologize for, the entitled whining in here is something to see. They can't fathom how the world didn't bend to their wishes. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Overall, we rate The Herald-Sun Right-Center biased based on story selection and editorial positions that favor the right. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than High due to questionable positions regarding the consensus of science.

1 minute ago, bolt said:

Fko5R08WQAA-kTy.jpg

How much of Dallas Buyers Club is true?

Dallas Buyers Club is true in the sense that Woodroof promoted his unconventional medical views. However, the film's implication that such treatments work better than hospital-issued drugs has upset many observers. Hence, Salon even accused the film of treading close to “endorsing pseudoscience”.May 14, 2023

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Dallas Buyers Club is true in the sense that Woodroof promoted his unconventional medical views. However, the film's implication that such treatments work better than hospital-issued drugs has upset many observers. Hence, Salon even accused the film of treading close to “endorsing pseudoscience”.May 14, 2023

Fauci is a manipulator and a fraud.  Also responsible for funding the Lab that leaked Covid. He is not a hero but just a profiteer for big pharma. His entire career is a record of that.. pushing expensive ineffective drugs

Edited by bolt

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, bolt said:

Another fauci is a manipulator and a fraud.  Also responsible for funding the Labs that leaked Covid. He is not a hero.

Prove this lab leak stuff to me.  I can assure you I am ready to believe anything that is proven to be to be true. 

Even Fauci admits no one really knows for sure.  It's just that the truly plausible evidence points to a natural origin.  Some people take greater satisfaction in blaming humans over nature though.  You can't punish nature (or even argue with it).   

Edited by Satchmo

27 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

https://www.spin.com/2015/10/aids-and-the-azt-scandal-spin-1989-feature-sins-of-omission/

Azt was a safe and effective drug?

Just now, bolt said:

"The FBI has for quite some time now assessed that the origins of the pandemic are most likely a potential lab incident," 

Sure the FBI. What about all the other agencies the article talks about?

25 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Prove this lab leak stuff to me.  I can assure you I am ready to believe anything that is proven to be to be true. 

Even Fauci admits no one really knows for sure.  It's just that the truly plausible evidence points to a natural origin.  Some people take greater satisfaction in blaming humans over nature though.  You can't punish nature (or even argue with it).   

What difference does it make where it came from? It wouldn't change how we needed to respond.

6 minutes ago, bolt said:

"The FBI has for quite some time now assessed that the origins of the pandemic are most likely a potential lab incident," 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/06/03/opinion/covid-lab-leak.html

I posted this article days ago.  It is captioned as an opinion piece (and it is).   It proved nothing except to show what one well educated and well credentialed scientist thinks. The majority of well educated and well credentialed scientists think otherwise.

As I mentioned a few posts ago,  show me undeniable proof and I will believe it   This article is not that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

You said consensus. One agency isn't a consensus.

Give me yours that is not 4 years old. I guess you got me the fbi isn't a reputable agency.

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

What difference does it make where it came from? It wouldn't change how we needed to respond.

True, the response would not change.  Other things would though and we would want them changed only because of truth.