Vaccine thread

Gurn

Just now, Satchmo said:

It's a funny coincidence but the idea of cancer, covid, and you crossed my mind just the the other day when I remembered how your guns blazed on the subject for a short while and then strangely went quiet.

The article is paywalled but before it disappeared I saw nothing conclusive.

There's not a net zero chance either covid or the vaccines are responsible for the spike in cancer.  It deserves questioning either way.

Just now, bolt said:

There's not a net zero chance either covid or the vaccines are responsible for the spike in cancer.  It deserves questioning either way.

Okay, so even if it was a 0.0001% chance, you're willing to claim it's a massive issue to where we should all become anti-vaxxers?

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

Okay, so even if it was a 0.0001% chance, you're willing to claim it's a massive issue to where we should all become anti-vaxxers?

If there's even that high of a chance I would take my odds on not getting a booster as most Canadians are avoiding.

Edited by bolt

2 minutes ago, bolt said:

If there's even that high of a chance I would take my odds on not getting a booster as most Canadians are avoiding.

How do you feel about oil and gas development?

6 minutes ago, bolt said:

Not this Canadian. 

Just now, bolt said:

If there's even that high of a chance I would take my odds on not getting a booster like most Canadians are avoiding.

Okay... so 0.0001 is a 1 in 10,000 chance of dying.

What were the odds of dying to Covid compared with the risk of getting Cancer from the vaccine? There was a 1 in 10 chance of dying from Covid which was not much lower than the overall chance of dying from Cancer at 1 in 7.

Or, if that's not enough for you. Maybe you shouldn't drive as there's a 1 in 93 chance of you dying in a motorvehicle accident.

Or maybe you shouldn't swim as there's a 1 in 1,000 chance of drowning.

Shouldn't eat either as there's a 1 in 2,500 chance of dying from choking on food.

Yet, you think "even if there is that high of a chance" you would take your odds of not getting a booster. Even though you have a better chance of choking to death on your next meal...

• ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, StrayDog said:

Thanks for the links to the studies. From them:

Two recent studies document that vaccinated individuals can transmit infection to vaccinated or unvaccinated persons even though they may show faster decay of viral loads and remain infectious for shorter periods of time than unvaccinated individuals [5, 12]. These viral dynamics may explain epidemiologic studies showing reduced transmission from vaccinated individuals [11, 13].

An important limitation of our study is that we analyzed only single specimens from each infected individual, so our data cannot determine whether vaccinated individuals control virus replication in the upper respiratory tract more quickly than unvaccinated persons, as other studies have suggested [42]

What this means is the vaccines reduce the possibility of spreading the disease which is what we were discussing (well, actually we were discussing actions taken by government during the pandemic using available information; all of the studies were after the fact, so it's a little disingenuous to use post event information to support a during event argument)

I'm going to say again you had every right to not take the vaccine. In doing so, you gave up your rights to go into crowded spaces, where you were more likely to spread the disease than a vaccinated person.

Thanks for your time.

"may show faster decay of viral loads and remain infectious for shorter periods of time"

If you follow the link from to the study, this statement is based on a study which followed 218 people. That small of a sample size does not give very high confidence to the results.

And yet again, if it slows the spread, why isn't a slower case growth associated with highly vaccinated areas? As I referenced before, if you examine huge numbers of countries and different US counties, there is no association between high vaccination rates and a slow of covid case growth.

Edited by Xanlet

6 minutes ago, bolt said:

And of the 2.  Covid is a way way way way way way way way more likely culprit than a vaccine.  We even have examples.  HPV is one.  And the vaccine for that virus has resulted in a severe drop in cases of cancers is young women who were vaccinated when they were girls.  It is early days as it will be years before we can be sure about the impact, but the early results are promising. 

Just to prove I'm not pulling this from my posterior.  This is a Swedish study.  

https://www.cancer.gov/news-events/cancer-currents-blog/2020/hpv-vaccine-prevents-cervical-cancer-sweden-study

2 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

And of the 2.  Covid is a way way way way way way way way more likely culprit than a vaccine.  We even have examples.  HPV is one.  And the vaccine for that virus has resulted in a severe drop in cases of cancers is young women who were vaccinated when they were girls.  It is early days as it will be years before we can be sure about the impact, but the early results are promising. 

Just to prove I'm not pulling this from my posterior.  This is a Swedish study.  

https://www.cancer.gov/news-events/cancer-currents-blog/2020/hpv-vaccine-prevents-cervical-cancer-sweden-study

Will have to wait for the research on the cv-19 shots.  A vaccine that was tested for years vs a fast tracked new type of injection is irrelevant.

Edited by bolt

Just now, bolt said:

Will have to wait for the research on the cv-19 shots.  A vaccine that was tested for years vs a fast tracked new type of injection is irrelevant.

So then you realise you may be wrong since we don't know yet.

1 minute ago, Xanlet said:

"may show faster decay of viral loads and remain infectious for shorter periods of time"

If you follow the link from to the study, this statement is based on a study which followed 218 people. That small of a sample size does not give very high confidence to the results.

And yet again, if it slows the spread, why isn't a slower case growth associated with highly vaccinated areas? As I referenced before, if you examine huge numbers of countries and different US counties, there is no association between high vaccination rates and a slow of covid case growth.

14 billion injections.  633k VAERs events.

vs

704 million infected.  7 million dead.  675 million recovered or 7 million dead and 22 million suffering severe and or debilitating long term effects from covid for 29 million total individuals dead or suffering long term from covid.

What's that math look like again Mr sample size?  Does it inspire confidence?

2 minutes ago, bolt said:

How do you feel about the use of ivermectin to help from covid issues?

Just now, Warhippy said:

14 billion injections.  633k VAERs events.

vs

704 million infected.  7 million dead.  675 million recovered or 7 million dead and 22 million suffering severe and or debilitating long term effects from covid for 29 million total individuals dead or suffering long term from covid.

What's that math look like again Mr sample size?  Does it inspire confidence?

Vs excess deaths and an increase in cancer.   Shouldn't every possible scenario be investigated? Is the fast tracked vaccine not allowed to be even questioned?

Just now, bolt said:

Vs excess deaths and an increase in cancer.   Shouldn't every possible scenario be investigated? Is the fast tracked vaccine not allowed to be even questioned?

How do you feel about the use of ivermectin as a relief from covid related issues?

You haven't proven anything regarding the vaccine and cancer, In fact I posted numerous link showing you why your link is bullshit and you didn't read it.  Again.

Just now, Warhippy said:

How do you feel about the use of ivermectin as a relief from covid related issues?

You haven't proven anything regarding the vaccine and cancer, In fact I posted numerous link showing you why your link is bullshit and you didn't read it.  Again.

No one has proven anything about anything.  There is no concrete evidence that the fast tracked vaccine is completely safe even you know that. 

Excess mortality needs to be investigated regardless.

Just now, bolt said:

No one has proven anything about anything.  There is no concrete evidence that the fast tracked vaccine is completely safe even you know that. 

You're totally ignoring the math again.  You haven't read even the single link you posted.  Let alone the links posted in response.

Typical.

Funny though, oil and gas development HAS 100% been linked towards increased rates of cancer in surrounding populations and the same arguments you use against taking vaccines are the exact same arguments people like you use for taking ivermecting etc.

It's so predictable it's sad

Just now, Warhippy said:

He's pretty much ignored my posts too for the most part.

He's not here to learn or understand anything that might even slightly challenge his way of thinking. Most people against the vaccine in this thread aren't. They have their minds made up and have created a barricade to prevent us from getting into their otherwise weak minds.

Just now, The Lock said:

He's pretty much ignored my posts too for the most part.

He's not here to learn or understand anything that might even slightly challenge his way of thinking. Most people against the vaccine in this thread aren't. They have their minds made up and have created a barricade to prevent us from getting into their otherwise weak minds.

At what point does it just become blatant and open trolling?

4 minutes ago, bolt said:

The covid vaccines went through the same clinical trials as every other vaccine/medication/treatment.  This has been explained ad nauseam.  The covid shots had an order of magnitude more participants in their clinical trials.  This has also been explained ad nauseam.  The covid shots have been some of the most monitored treatments post approval in history.  This has also been explained ad nauseam.  

It is coming up on the 5 year anniversary for the clinical trials and later the approval.  It's been 4 and a half years since millions of people started getting their first shots, including TRUMP, Biden, Kamala and others.  Tell us how much time they and I have left on this Earth.  FOUR AND A HALF YEARS 

4 minutes ago, bolt said:

Then respond to the posts can show how they're wrong.

Edited by The Lock

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

At what point does it just become blatant and open trolling?

I don't know. I definitely can only handle this thread for so long. lol

I guess it's a great thread if you want a bunch of easy wins against anti-vaxxers? Yet, depressing to think that they go through life that paranoid.

Edited by The Lock

21 minutes ago, bolt said:

I tracked down your article.   It says nothing about vaccines and cancer.   Its' subject is the possibility that Covid causes cancer.   If so, a booster might be a good idea, no?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bolt said:

No one has proven anything about anything.  There is no concrete evidence that the fast tracked vaccine is completely safe  even dangerous and even you know that. 

Fixed your post for ya.

Excess mortality has been looked at.  There were dedicated wards in hospitals and morgues were expanded here in PG. 

Not for the vaccine.

For the disease.  

AND YOU KNOW THIS TOO

Edited by the destroyer of worlds

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I tracked down your article.   It says nothing about vaccines and cancer.   Its' subject is the possibility that Covid causes cancer.   If so, a booster might be a good idea, no?

Wow so basically he provided a link with evidence for booster shots as "evidence" against getting a booster shot.

That is like a fail and a half on bolt's part. ROFL

Edited by The Lock