Vaccine thread

Gurn

12 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Maybe he was talking about this?  
It did get to a point where our dummy government offered incentives to dummy antivax folks to get the jab.  

https://globalnews.ca/news/7858373/covid-vaccine-incentives-canada-reward/amp/

That's not what the article says.   It says:  Some American states did.  Some Canadian small private businesses and a University did.  A Canadian epidemiologist talked about how the government might start using incentives, but probably not. The article is 3 years old.  An update would say the government did not.

• ThereItIs 1

If I wasn’t here then who would ban you all?

Boo Bonnie Henry and all people in their respective Health Ministry. 

The worst people ever. I hate them. They forced me to be protected against a viral pandemic strain.

The gall! 

• Wiener 1

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

That's not what the article says.   It says:  Some American states did.  Some Canadian small private businesses and a University did.  A Canadian epidemiologist talked about how the government might start using incentives, but probably not. The article is 3 years old.  An update would say the government did not.

How dare you tell me facts. 

I’m gonna get in my Big Rig and show you how you’re Stoopid and are infringing on my Right to be free and Stoopid. 

Asshole. 

• Haha 3

Please don’t make me Moderate this thread. 

If Members don’t respect each other then this thread will be locked. And then I will dole out copious amounts of Bans, then I’ll go ‘full’ Scorched Earth.

Please don’t make me do this. You fellas are good people. Figure it out amongst yourself. Be kind, respectful and empathetic. 

Last warning in this Thread. 

4 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Maybe he was talking about this?  
It did get to a point where our dummy government offered incentives to dummy antivax folks to get the jab.  

https://globalnews.ca/news/7858373/covid-vaccine-incentives-canada-reward/amp/

I honestly can’t recall if there was ever incentives offered by the government, dummy or not, but I didn’t see anything in your link. Some offerings by private companies, one by the U of A and a lottery in Ohio. 

4 hours ago, 4petesake said:

I honestly can’t recall if there was ever incentives offered by the government, dummy or not, but I didn’t see anything in your link. Some offerings by private companies, one by the U of A and a lottery in Ohio. 

Yeah I dunno.   Thats why I said ‘maybe he was talking about this’. 

Im not going to chat about it though, because apparently an opinion other than ‘our government is perfect’ is ban worthy.  
I’ll just say Bonny Henry is perfect and not a single poor decision has ever come from our wonderful liberal government.  
Every decision they make/made has been 100% for your benefit and the exact right choice.  

• Confused 1
  • ThereItIs 1

14 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

You’re the best kind of person. One that will never be in front of me or my kid in the Emergency Room. 

Thank you for your service. 

Up yours science! : r/TheSimpsons

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

6 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Im not going to chat about it though, because apparently an opinion other than ‘our government is perfect’ is ban worthy.  
I’ll just say Bonny Henry is perfect and not a single poor decision has ever come from our wonderful liberal government.  
Every decision they make/made has been 100% for your benefit and the exact right choice.  

If you're not willing to contribute to their echo chamber in this thread, what are you even doing here??

6 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

2 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

If you're not willing to contribute to their echo chamber in this thread, what are you even doing here??

No one has been banned for disparaging or disagreeing with Bonnie.  I think people have been banned for promoting cures equivalent to ingesting bleach.

This thread may appear to be an echo chamber (a commonly overused phrase IMO) to some but it's pretty open to anything but noise.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

You’re the best kind of person. One that will never be in front of me or my kid in the Emergency Room. 

Thank you for your service. 

Just doing my part..your welcome 

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Incentives were being offered all over the world including Canada..just type in Covid Vaccine Incentives  and you will find plenty.Here's one of many.

https://news.trust.org/item/20210601155421-gr1fs

And my personal favorite the Burger and Fries 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-vaccine-new-york-shake-shack-fries/

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, UncleBen said:

Incentives were being offered all over the world including Canada..just type in Covid Vaccine Incentives  and you will find plenty.Here's one of many.

https://news.trust.org/item/20210601155421-gr1fs

And my personal favorite the Burger and Fries 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-vaccine-new-york-shake-shack-fries/

You mention 'Incentives were being offered all over the world including Canada' yet neither of your two articles mention Canada at all.

I understand vaccines are a global topic but should we really concern ourselves with questionable things Americans have done?  

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

No one has been banned for disparaging or disagreeing with Bonnie.  I think people have been banned for promoting cures equivalent to ingesting bleach.

This thread may appear to be an echo chamber (a commonly overused phrase IMO) to some but it's pretty open to anything but noise.

Yeah, my definition of an "echo chamber", is a discussion where a small group of people express a position that is so far out to lunch that the majority of others involved wonder how they can tie their own shoes, or make toast without burning the house down....

....The same people who are the reason for the "Do not ingest" warnings on those little desiccant packets that you see in packing boxes....

59 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

You mention 'Incentives were being offered all over the world including Canada' yet neither of your two articles mention Canada at all.

I understand vaccines are a global topic but should we really concern ourselves with questionable things Americans have done?  

There was a couple of private companies in db’s link and a contest to win free tuition at the U of Lethbridge but I’ve yet to see anything from the Canadian government.

I mean is it so wrong for a company to try to encourage their employees to get vaccinated by offering incentives? People  complain about the stick but ragging on the carrot seems a little much.

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

I guess it begs the question: How fucked up is your stance that it causes you to refuse what could be life saving medical advice....

....until someone offers you a Happy Meal?

intelligence is a spectrum. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Trump Makes Bizarre Threat About Schools And Vaccine Mandates

The man who once took credit for the COVID-19 vaccine keeps pandering to the GOP's growing anti-vaccine faction.

Donald Trump vowed at a rally Tuesday that if reelected, he’ll cut funding to every school with a vaccine mandate ― even though all 50 states have such laws on the books.

“I will not give one penny to any school that has a vaccine mandate or a mask mandate,” he declared at his rally in Racine, Wisconsin. The crowd went wild.

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

The man who once took credit for the COVID-19 vaccine keeps pandering to the GOP's growing anti-vaccine faction.

Donald Trump vowed at a rally Tuesday that if reelected, he’ll cut funding to every school with a vaccine mandate ― even though all 50 states have such laws on the books.

“I will not give one penny to any school that has a vaccine mandate or a mask mandate,” he declared at his rally in Racine, Wisconsin. The crowd went wild.

This is what I see when I read "the crowd went wild"....

image.gif.808e5ac5ffc7c25c47e4f70b05be73d6.gif

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

this is such a weird time in North America. The dumb dumbs are actually trying to kill us all. 

• Cheers 1

I'm not sure that I like how this is framed, nor am I positive about the source- so be warned. Also there is a word in the text that could be missed,  so I will put a very important word in large letters-

" could "

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/other/deadly-bird-flu-could-be-worse-than-covid-as-global-officials-urged-to-act-now-to-save-humanity/ar-BB1orSzU?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=5999046290bb47898c34126bfe181469&ei=56

"

Despite the severity of COVID-19 and its seering effects that have been felt for several years, a medical expert suggested that a bird flu pandemic would have a much worse for humanity.

Knewz.com has learned that the global fatality rate for COVID-19 was 1.4%, while the fatality rate for the H5N1 avian influenza is approximately 52%.

An expert has claimed that there is potential for bird flu to successfully adapt and become capable of human-to-human transmission.

Dr. Leonard A. Mermel, the professor of medicine at Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and the medical director of the Department of Epidemiology & Infection Prevention at Lifespan Healthcare System, has expressed concerns that the disease could infiltrate humans through cows and subsequently make mankind the carrier of the virus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

19 more paragraphs at link

----------------------------

I do note the alarming "Knewz.com has learned that the global fatality rate for COVID-19 was 1.4%, while the fatality rate for the H5N1 avian influenza is approximately 52%."

and point out- sample size is extremely important here- as is the tendency(so far) of viruses to mutate and become less deadly. Also transmission of 'bird flu' is, as of now, not human to human.

I'd suggest that the governments look at this as a warning-and do some prep, using lessons from our recent pandemic.

• Cheers 1