Vaccine thread

Gurn

4 minutes ago, Gurn said:

I'm not sure that I like how this is framed, nor am I positive about the source- so be warned. Also there is a word in the text that could be missed,  so I will put a very important word in large letters-

" could "

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/other/deadly-bird-flu-could-be-worse-than-covid-as-global-officials-urged-to-act-now-to-save-humanity/ar-BB1orSzU?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=5999046290bb47898c34126bfe181469&ei=56

"

Despite the severity of COVID-19 and its seering effects that have been felt for several years, a medical expert suggested that a bird flu pandemic would have a much worse for humanity.

Knewz.com has learned that the global fatality rate for COVID-19 was 1.4%, while the fatality rate for the H5N1 avian influenza is approximately 52%.

An expert has claimed that there is potential for bird flu to successfully adapt and become capable of human-to-human transmission.

Dr. Leonard A. Mermel, the professor of medicine at Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and the medical director of the Department of Epidemiology & Infection Prevention at Lifespan Healthcare System, has expressed concerns that the disease could infiltrate humans through cows and subsequently make mankind the carrier of the virus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

19 more paragraphs at link

----------------------------

I do note the alarming "Knewz.com has learned that the global fatality rate for COVID-19 was 1.4%, while the fatality rate for the H5N1 avian influenza is approximately 52%."

and point out- sample size is extremely important here- as is the tendency(so far) of viruses to mutate and become less deadly. Also transmission of 'bird flu' is, as of now, not human to human.

I'd suggest that the governments look at this as a warning-and do some prep, using lessons from our recent pandemic.

So here's my question, do we want the leaders of the convoy planning for this, or the folks that helped us through covid?

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Gurn said:

I'm not sure that I like how this is framed, nor am I positive about the source- so be warned. Also there is a word in the text that could be missed,  so I will put a very important word in large letters-

" could "

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/other/deadly-bird-flu-could-be-worse-than-covid-as-global-officials-urged-to-act-now-to-save-humanity/ar-BB1orSzU?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=5999046290bb47898c34126bfe181469&ei=56

"

Despite the severity of COVID-19 and its seering effects that have been felt for several years, a medical expert suggested that a bird flu pandemic would have a much worse for humanity.

Knewz.com has learned that the global fatality rate for COVID-19 was 1.4%, while the fatality rate for the H5N1 avian influenza is approximately 52%.

An expert has claimed that there is potential for bird flu to successfully adapt and become capable of human-to-human transmission.

Dr. Leonard A. Mermel, the professor of medicine at Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and the medical director of the Department of Epidemiology & Infection Prevention at Lifespan Healthcare System, has expressed concerns that the disease could infiltrate humans through cows and subsequently make mankind the carrier of the virus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

19 more paragraphs at link

----------------------------

I do note the alarming "Knewz.com has learned that the global fatality rate for COVID-19 was 1.4%, while the fatality rate for the H5N1 avian influenza is approximately 52%."

and point out- sample size is extremely important here- as is the tendency(so far) of viruses to mutate and become less deadly. Also transmission of 'bird flu' is, as of now, not human to human.

I'd suggest that the governments look at this as a warning-and do some prep, using lessons from our recent pandemic.

April 10, 2024  - 16 herds of cows in 6 states infected with the avian flu, 1 affected farm employee became the second person in the US ever documented with the infection.

June 7, 2024 - 83 herds in 9 states infected as well as a third human.

A little good news, so far, is that the virus remains primarily avian and no changes to the receptor site that increase its ability to infect and spread between people.

Continuing work in the laboratory to characterize the virus from the second human case from Michigan. CDC was able generate a full genetic sequence for the neuraminidase, but only a partial genetic sequence of the hemagglutinin from the second human case in Michigan. No neuraminidase changes were identified that are associated with reduced antiviral susceptibility. The partial hemagglutinin sequence indicates that the virus remains primarily avian. There were no changes to the virus' receptor binding site that would enhance its ability to infect and spread to or between people. 

https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2024/whats-happening-with-dairy-cows-and-bird-flu

https://www.cdc.gov/bird-flu/spotlights/h5n1-response-06072024.html?CDC_AAref_Val=https://www.cdc.gov/flu/avianflu/spotlights/2023-2024/h5n1-response-06072024.html#

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

April 10, 2024  - 16 herds of cows in 6 states infected with the avian flu, 1 affected farm employee became the second person in the US ever documented with the infection.

June 7, 2024 - 83 herds in 9 states infected as well as a third human.

A little good news, so far, is that the virus remains primarily avian and no changes to the receptor site that increase its ability to infect and spread between people.

Continuing work in the laboratory to characterize the virus from the second human case from Michigan. CDC was able generate a full genetic sequence for the neuraminidase, but only a partial genetic sequence of the hemagglutinin from the second human case in Michigan. No neuraminidase changes were identified that are associated with reduced antiviral susceptibility. The partial hemagglutinin sequence indicates that the virus remains primarily avian. There were no changes to the virus' receptor binding site that would enhance its ability to infect and spread to or between people. 

https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2024/whats-happening-with-dairy-cows-and-bird-flu

https://www.cdc.gov/bird-flu/spotlights/h5n1-response-06072024.html?CDC_AAref_Val=https://www.cdc.gov/flu/avianflu/spotlights/2023-2024/h5n1-response-06072024.html#

Fuck a cow. Find out. 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Bob Long said:

this is such a weird time in North America. The dumb dumbs are actually trying to kill us all. 

And yet you love those big pharma drug pushers who just want to help you.

https://nypost.com/2024/05/08/business/pfizer-to-settle-over-10k-lawsuits-linking-zantac-to-cancer/

"Pfizer has agreed to settle more than 10,000 lawsuits which alleged that the company failed to warn patients about possible cancer risks caused by the anti-heartburn medication Zantac."

Let's see how much they pay for covid jab injuries and death ..we will see soon.

5 hours ago, Bob Long said:

So here's my question, do we want the leaders of the convoy planning for this, or the folks that helped us through covid?

Helped us..lol..Jim Jones would have loved you as a follower.Look up gullible in the dictionary 

39 minutes ago, UncleBen said:

https://nypost.com/2024/05/08/business/pfizer-to-settle-over-10k-lawsuits-linking-zantac-to-cancer/

"Pfizer has agreed to settle more than 10,000 lawsuits which alleged that the company failed to warn patients about possible cancer risks caused by the anti-heartburn medication Zantac."

Let's see how much they pay for covid jab injuries and death ..we will see soon.

I'm very happy that we have a medical industry, yes.

What's your plan when you need surgery? 

52 minutes ago, UncleBen said:

Vaccine related? 

Or just a diatribe? 

Thin ice. Very fucking thin. 

Give me any reason after this to ban you. 

• Haha 1

The state of Kansas is suing Pfizer over misrepresenting their Covid vaccine to the public. In this video, the Attorney General for the state of Kansas accuses Pfizer of telling the public their vaccine was safe for pregnant women while in the possession of evidence that it was associated with a TEN PERCENT miscarriage rate when administered to pregnant women. They also had information going all the way back to mice trials with still-born offspring, loss of litters, and infertility following vaccination. The lawsuit also details false statements about the effectiveness of the vaccines against new variants and its ability to prevent transmission. This is along with Pfizer's denial that their vaccine is associated with increased rates of myocarditis and pericarditis, despite many governments finding that it is. These are all statements made by the Attorney General of Kansas.

Will be interesting to watch if other states join in on this one. There needs to be a reckoning on this. Whether you believe the vaccines or some of the vaccines were beneficial, misleading the public should not be tolerated. Hopefully the courts can get to the truth of the matter.

6 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Vaccine related? 

Or just a diatribe? 

While anti-vaxers are fucking stupid, without thoughts from all sides, this place becomes even more of an echo chamber.  
Shouldn’t be bans and constant threats to everyone who has a different opinion.  
Thats just fucking boring 

13 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Vaccine related? 

Or just a diatribe? 

So you are wanting to ban me for providing info ..ok so this really isn't a discussion board but more like during covid you want to censor info ? It's vaccine related for sure when the company producing the vax is in the news being sued because of their products and it demonstrates they are not trustworthy.Please explain how this is diatribe instead of going all authoritarian and threatening a ban.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

While anti-vaxers are fucking stupid, without thoughts from all sides, this place becomes even more of an echo chamber.  
Shouldn’t be bans and constant threats to everyone who has a different opinion.  
Thats just fucking boring 

Ya being a critical thinker is stupid ..lol.Opinions are like a##holes..everyone has one.But I do agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion..no need to label you by calling you a sheep or lemming  so I won't 

• Vintage 1

14 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I'm very happy that we have a medical industry, yes.

What's your plan when you need surgery? 

I'll get a few different opinions if I need surgery ..surgery doesn't require a vaccine for my pain or healing 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, UncleBen said:

Ya being a critical thinker is stupid ..lol.Opinions are like a##holes..everyone has one.But I do agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion..no need to label you by calling you a sheep or lemming  so I won't 

I do not know you and cannot comment if you are a critical thinker or not.  If you are one, are you really convinced you are the only one here?   Or that only those who agree with your opinions could possibly be described as such?

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, UncleBen said:

I'll get a few different opinions if I need surgery ..surgery doesn't require a vaccine for my pain or healing 

Ah, so it's not all modern healthcare, just vaccines you are afraid of? 

14 minutes ago, UncleBen said:

If you're fine with surgeries as an acceptable medical option, vaccinations have been around going back to 1700s, at that time, surgeons thought washing their hands was bad and their go to method was bleeding you and chopping off your limbs in the event of an injury.

If you're comfortable with medical advances in surgeries since then, why are you discounting 300+ years worth of innoculation / vaccination discoveries and advances? George Washington had his own troops innoculated as a war time measure to protect them from smallpox. His army may have very well melted away if he hadn't done that.

Edited by DSVII
  • ThereItIs 1

59 minutes ago, UncleBen said:

Being a critical thinker is not stupid.

An anti vaxxer is something else entirely.  Standing outside of hospitals and screaming at drs and nurdses.  Insulting the elderly for wearing masks.  Screaming at 15 year old girls behind a check out counter because they told the customer they had to wear a mask.  being approached by assholes 4 years later still holding meetings and protests about everything and anything because "critical thinking"

There's a difference

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 2

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Being a critical thinker is not stupid.

An anti vaxxer is something else entirely.  Standing outside of hospitals and screaming at drs and nurdses.  Insulting the elderly for wearing masks.  Screaming at 15 year old girls behind a check out counter because they told the customer they had to wear a mask.  being approached by assholes 4 years later still holding meetings and protests about everything and anything because "critical thinking"

There's a difference

its almost like being a 30-50 year old white guy living in Canada was a life of never having to face a consequence before. 

• ThereItIs 1
  • Wiener 1

13 hours ago, Xanlet said:

The state of Kansas is suing Pfizer over misrepresenting their Covid vaccine to the public. In this video, the Attorney General for the state of Kansas accuses Pfizer of telling the public their vaccine was safe for pregnant women while in the possession of evidence that it was associated with a TEN PERCENT miscarriage rate when administered to pregnant women. They also had information going all the way back to mice trials with still-born offspring, loss of litters, and infertility following vaccination. The lawsuit also details false statements about the effectiveness of the vaccines against new variants and its ability to prevent transmission. This is along with Pfizer's denial that their vaccine is associated with increased rates of myocarditis and pericarditis, despite many governments finding that it is. These are all statements made by the Attorney General of Kansas.

Will be interesting to watch if other states join in on this one. There needs to be a reckoning on this. Whether you believe the vaccines or some of the vaccines were beneficial, misleading the public should not be tolerated. Hopefully the courts can get to the truth of the matter.

So great example of the kind of misleading stuff anti-vaxxers like to pump out.

Hey, I wonder, what is the average miscarriage rate in the US population? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5771868/

• Upvote 2