Vaccine thread

Gurn

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

To be honest I think it was more of a joke and I think it's almost a joke. How serious people are taking it. And again, let's remember. I'm born in BC! I'm also there every single summer probably blocks from your house and neither one of us know it. 

Obviously was a joke.  I used to live in Edmontona.. Great people there.     Alberta and BC are so closely connected  / intertwined. 

Anti covid convoy unfortunately  had support from both provinces.. but pretty clearly some  very dangerous stuff went down in southern alberta at the border crossing. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Obviously was a joke.  I used to live in Edmontona.. Great people there.     Alberta and BC are so closely connected  / intertwined. 

Anti covid convoy unfortunately  had support from both provinces.. but pretty clearly some  very dangerous stuff went down in southern alberta at the border crossing. 

I have a feeling I'm talking to King of Surrey! 

8 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I have a feeling I'm talking to King of Surrey! 

Gotta love a free flu and covid shot.  We are lucky our government is willing to pay for  / invest in these shots.  They are not cheap.  

Edited by moosehead
  • Like 1

Just now, moosehead said:

Gotta love a free flu and covid shot.  We are look our government is willing to pay for these shots.  They are not cheap.  

Good point. God bless Canada!

That being said however I don't do the flu shot and I did not do the covid shot so if you know anybody that needs those they can have mine.

33 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Maybe you would like to live in the US, where even with Blue Cross, getting something like cancer can bankrupt you.

No thanks.

Is there only two countries in the world Canada and the United States?

6 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Nice leap 

Right!

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Not as much as jumping from a plane with $200,000.

Beautiful comeback though I love it!

• Like 1

At some point earlier ITT, there was mention of a guy in the Okanagan who suffered paralysis after taking the Covid shot.

While some posters pointed out the extreme rarity of such occurrences, there was an important point left out. The rare condition that this gentleman suffered from was a reaction to all vaccines....not just Covid.

He would have been in the same boat if he had gotten Shingrix or Twinrix shots....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

At some point earlier ITT, there was mention of a guy in the Okanagan who suffered paralysis after taking the Covid shot.

While some posters pointed out the extreme rarity of such occurrences, there was an important point left out. The rare condition that this gentleman suffered from was a reaction to all vaccines....not just Covid.

He would have been in the same boat if he had gotten Shingrix or Twinrix shots....

Just means Anti-Vaxxers will be like "SEE! SEE! It's dangerous!"

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Just means Anti-Vaxxers will be like "SEE! SEE! It's dangerous!"

The difference being, virtually all of them who have kids will have gotten them the MMR vaccines when they were infants....

Ergo, it's nothing bu hypocrisy....

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

The difference being, virtually all of them who have kids will have gotten them the MMR vaccines when they were infants....

Ergo, it's nothing bu hypocrisy....

Unless they bought into the Andrew Wakefield (no longer a doctor) and Jenny McCarthy vaccines cause autism hype train.

1 minute ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Unless they bought into the Andrew Wakefield (no longer a doctor) and Jenny McCarthy vaccines cause autism hype train.

I'm still waiting for my magnetic powers to kick in. Multiple shots later and spoons still slide right off me.....

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, StrayDog said:

I'm still waiting for my magnetic powers to kick in. Multiple shots later and spoons still slide right off me.....

One good thing about that is Sherri Tenpenny had her medical license suspended in Ohio https://elicense.ohio.gov/oh_verifylicensedetails?pid=a0Rt000000084mlEAA

She is a big time anti-vaxxer and pushed that magnetic theory.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1