Vaccine thread

Gurn

Somewhat good news.  I imagine there is a similar drop in our data as well. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/covid-fell-10th-leading-cause-death-last-year-4th-rcna165775?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma&taid=66b500a56232f30001aa6d47&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Covid fell to 10th leading cause of death in the U.S. last year, down from 4th

The disease represented less than 2% of deaths in the U.S. in 2023 — a large decrease from nearly 6% the year prior.
  • Cheers 2

I'm sure the FREEDUMB Convoy people gonna be ready to get their mpox vaccine if things get going.  This time it is the more deadly variant of mpox that is surging.

Mpox is transmitted through close contact, such as sex, skin-to-skin contact and talking or breathing close to another person.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cvg35w27gzno

WHO declares mpox global health emergency

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

I'm sure the FREEDUMB Convoy people gonna be ready to get their mpox vaccine if things get going.  This time it is the more deadly variant of mpox that is surging.

Mpox is transmitted through close contact, such as sex, skin-to-skin contact and talking or breathing close to another person.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cvg35w27gzno

WHO declares mpox global health emergency

Meh, they are all tougher than a monkey.

• Cheers 1

Just now, The Arrogant Worms said:

Covid tied to higher risk of depression, anxiety, PTSD and other conditions, with the unvaccinated most affected, study shows

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/21/health/covid-mental-illness-unvaccinated-study/index.html

Great, thats what we need. Antivaxxers having more anxiety.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Great, thats what we need. Antivaxxers having more anxiety.

I know you are joking, but actually I agree. Antivaxxers are not anxious enough about things that they should be anxious about. Like nasty viruses.

• Cheers 2

As kids head back to school, make sure their vaccines are up to date, doctors say

Amid a rise in infections such as measles and whooping cough in Canada and around the world, doctors say now is the perfect time for parents to ensure their kids and teens are protected against vaccine-preventable diseases.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, brilac said:

I had a brutal night. The side effects really hit me - fever, headache, chills, body aches.

I’ve been improving this morning, but the headache right now is insane. 

Ugh that sucks. I usually get the chills too which aren't fun. I hope it passes soon.

• Huggy Bear 1

40 minutes ago, brilac said:

I had a brutal night. The side effects really hit me - fever, headache, chills, body aches.

I’ve been improving this morning, but the headache right now is insane. 

I felt worse getting vaccinated than I did getting covid.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Heads up, (if you haven't noticed already) that there's a pretty significant outbreak of Covid going around Vancouver right now.  It's nowhere near the symptoms of Wave 1 in 2020 but still packs a strong punch that will take you off your feet for a couple of days.  Recommend wearing a mask on Skytrain and busses especially and drinking plenty of Tequila - Sheila!

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2024 at 12:04 PM, Bob Long said:

That means you got the microchip 

....and it doesn't work worth a damn...

I was on the Ferry to/from Port Hardy and was planning on being my own hotspot, so I wouldn't be out of touch from civilization for 16 or the 17 hour trip....but da nada....

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

....and it doesn't work worth a damn...

I was on the Ferry to/from Port Hardy and was planning on being my own hotspot, so I wouldn't be out of touch from civilization for 16 or the 17 hour trip....but da nada....

Reception does drop up there-especially during the 'inside' part of the passage. Mountains are so close they block a lot of signal- satellites have to be almost directly overhead to get any line of sight.

Even the bridge phones and radios get drop outs- unless there is a repeater/ tower close by.

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

Reception does drop up there-especially during the 'inside' part of the passage. Mountains are so close they block a lot of signal- satellites have to be almost directly overhead to get any line of sight.

Even the bridge phones and radios get drop outs- unless there is a repeater/ tower close by.

Only time any of us were able to connect was the stop in Bella Bella....

• Upvote 1