[GDT] Around the NHL [March 2024]

11 minutes ago, hockeyville88 said:

The Edmonton/Boston game has been terrific

I think it would be the best finals, for entertainment.  Last game was great too.

• Cheers 1

Draisaitl coming up clutch

So did Horvat earlier, got the game winner, big win for the Isles and a big loss for the Blues

Nashville could pad their lead with a win

Posted (edited)

McDavid coming for the Art Ross seems inevitable, hopefully Mac can stay hot

Would have been laughed at if I'd said that back in October, but he may very well break 100 assists 

What an absurd talent 

Edited by Coconuts

Didn't clearly factor in the game, but that was a complete horseshit call against the Bruins for "holding" McPuke. About 4 mins left, and that garbage gets called? Terrible.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Stankoven with a 4 pt night and now 8 pts in 6 games. Dallas keeps hitting their second round picks. Hintz, Robertson and now Stankoven. We were ahead of Dallas and could have drafted this guy...

Edited by Wing

9 minutes ago, Wing said:

Stankoven with a 4 pt night and now 8 pts in 6 games. Dallas keeps hitting their second round picks. Hintz, Robertson and now Stankoven. We were ahead of Dallas and could have drafted this guy...

Our new management, who allow the scouts to do their jobs, would have picked Stankoven. Benning, the Moran, always insisted on “his” guy with our top pick. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Our new management, who allow the scouts to do their jobs, would have picked Stankoven. Benning, the Moran, always insisted on “his” guy with our top pick. 

Not a fan of Benning but most of our core is all his dude 

Edited by Bardown

2 minutes ago, Bardown said:

Not a fan of Benning but most of our core is all his dude 

It’s fact Benning missed on our high picks because he picked “his” guy instead of allowing the scouts to do their jobs. 

Just now, Alflives said:

It’s fact Benning missed on our high picks because he picked “his” guy instead of allowing the scouts to do their jobs. 

Hughes, Demko, Petey were all his watch

Miller was his trade 

dislike him all you want but be objective, those players were his picks / trades 

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

There are other teams who passed on the Stankoven too. My main point is 2nd round picks can have high value if you can find the gems and develop them properly. 

Dallas has never really tanked to the bottom and drafted in the top 10 in recent memory, except when they jumped like 10 spots or something to draft Heiskanen at 3rd overall. I just envy their ability to keep finding players after the first round who become part of their core. Oettinger is also a late first round too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wing said:

There are other teams who passed on the Stankoven too. My main point is 2nd round picks can have high value if you can find the gems and develop them properly. 

Dallas has never really tanked to the bottom and drafted in the top 10 in recent memory, except when they jumped like 10 spots or something to draft Heiskanen at 3rd overall. I just envy their ability to keep finding players after the first round who become part of their core. Oettinger is also a late first round too. 

Thank Benning, the Moran, for missing on a lot of guys with our highest picks. 

• Wiener 1

14 minutes ago, Wing said:

Demko was a second rounder 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Wing said:

If he keeps it up, he will be the odds-on favourite to win the Calder next year.  Celebrini will have some stiff competition.

10 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Bruins OTL/SOL 14. (5-11 3 on 3)

Oils 2 (5-2 3 on 3).

If 3on 3 OT was allowed in playoffs, Coilers would have won the Cup or two already.

Just put McWhiner and Drai out there.