[GDT] Around the NHL [March 2024]

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

They're more balanced across their roster but lack the Oil's top end offense

That being said, Josi and Saros are difference makers

Josi is lowkey having a Norris caliber season

Yup. I’m sure clubs would rather play the Soilers. It’s way easier to beat clubs whose top minute guys play only one side of the puck. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. I’m sure clubs would rather play the Soilers. It’s way easier to beat clubs whose top minute guys play only one side of the puck. 

Oil having been getting the results they want of late but they've actually been more committed to both ends the past few months

Both teams can be dangerous, but we're more likely to get Nashville than Edmonton early imo

Oil can hold a divisional seed, Nashville ain't catching Dallas, Colorado, and Winnipeg 

Nucks fans shouldn't sleep on Nashville, there's a solid chance we play them

Penguins have folded up for the year. Very little compete. They will fall off the map now and be in the draft lottery. Bettman will make sure they win that lottery. Can’t have the Pens without a star or their fans will stop attending. 

7 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Anybody know what’s up with Tage Thompson this year? Just noticed his stats are down a fair bit from this time last year. @Sabrefan1 any ideas?

The entire top 6 took a hit this year.  I think the coaches are just proving how mediocre they are.

• Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The entire top 6 took a hit this year.  I think the coaches are just proving how mediocre they are.

A new coach for sure; a situation like Vancouver has now, where there's a lot of teaching going on.

I wouldn't be too hard on the younger players.  Consistency is a tough thing to acquire for

most young NHL players.

• Cheers 1

The sad thing is tanking won’t even help the Pens since the Sharks own their first from the Karlsson trade.

What a wasted season for Crosby. I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t wanna hang around next season with the mess Dubas has created.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1