[GDT] Around the NHL [March 2024]

24 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

On the plus side, at least the team has his back. 

Yep.

Wish more GMs and owners would stand up to shitty officiating.

They need to remember who they work for.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

there was a time they said you couldn't get a good back-hand off with a curved stick..🤣

yah, that's nice; but it's not the freakin cup. Can you say over emoting ..😝

i didn't watch the game but wow saw the note about the wild pulling the goalie in OT to get a 4 on 3 is ballsy considering you lose the loser point if the other team scores.

Edited by OldFaithfulcap
f
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dom said:

2 game suspension for Torts and a 50k fine. This league is SOFT. 

Truly. Any criticism of the shitty ass officials is vehemently overreacted to every time. The league never holds those turds in stripes to any accountability whatsoever. No wonder people are tired of it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

i didn't watch the game but wow saw the note about the wild pulling the goalie in OT to get a 4 on 3 is ballsy considering you lose the loser point if the other team scores.

seems like quite a few noticed this one;

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Horvat is quietly an almost point per game center for the Isles, I'm glad it's working

it's working out eerily similar to last season.. detroit sliding out of the playoff around the TDL and nyi charging up the standing into the playoff post tdl. they are in a decent position to get the 3rd guaranteed spot in the division

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

it's working out eerily similar to last season.. detroit sliding out of the playoff around the TDL and nyi charging up the standing into the playoff post tdl. they are in a decent position to get the 3rd guaranteed spot in the division

I'm kinda rooting for Detroit too, I'm hoping Tampa or Philly slide

UrinatingTree is well into the five stages of grief.  The Pittsburgh Penguins are a dynasty in rapid decline - we saw it in Detroit, we saw it in Chicago, and now we're seeing it unfold once again.

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Horvat is quietly an almost point per game center for the Isles, I'm glad it's working

He's a heck of a player. Happy for him, unless we play him. Then it's time for the beat down.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Back to John for a sec;

I love Torts. Didn't like his stint here, don't even like a lot that he does. But what's missing in the NHL, and society are the guys who call crap out. I take a lot of pride in being a little older and being of a generation that calls out BS when I see it. Am I always right or always proper? No, but I go down swinging everytime and will never change. 

9 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I love Torts. Didn't like his stint here, don't even like a lot that he does. But what's missing in the NHL, and society are the guys who call crap out. I take a lot of pride in being a little older and being of a generation that calls out BS when I see it. Am I always right or always proper? No, but I go down swinging everytime and will never change. 

Love seeing him stand up for his players.  He wasn't the right fit here, but he's a hell of a coach and I guarantee his players on the Flyers would go though a wall for him.

• Upvote 1

Watching a bit of the Blues clobbering the Ruins. Chose the Boston feed. Just incredible how absolutely awful their broadcast team is.

Putting aside their renowned homerism (which is in play here today), they just do a lousy job. If you close your eyes, it is hard to envision what is going on.  They don't tell you what is going on very often, it's just a bunch of names.  There is a lot of dead air, too (a blessing, considering his nasal whiny voice). They sound very bored,  even before the Blues put the boots to the Bruins.

Edited by Kragar
  • ThereItIs 2