[GDT] Around the NHL [March 2024]

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Off to a good start

Buffalo is going to be an interesting team to watch this summer. They have a lot of good young players and clearly want to be done with their rebuild, but they're still stuck in the mushy middle. All of their top 4 defensemen are left handed (even if some can play the right side) and they could really use a solid vet goalie to mentor Levi. I wonder if their 1st will be in play at the draft?

12 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Buffalo is going to be an interesting team to watch this summer. They have a lot of good young players and clearly want to be done with their rebuild, but they're still stuck in the mushy middle. All of their top 4 defensemen are left handed (even if some can play the right side) and they could really use a solid vet goalie to mentor Levi. I wonder if their 1st will be in play at the draft?

Hmm, depends on who they might be interested 

Jersey is supposedly going to take another run at Markstrom or Saros, if the Preds don't think they can retain Saros they may go after him

They could likely pay better than Jersey

I get the handedness argument but I think quality trumps it, it'll be interesting to see how Byram affects their record next season, he's off to a good start

Sabres could be a wildcard next season, I could see them very easily making it or just missing, could depend on how they approach their coaching staff as well

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Sucks, I can't even root for hin to succeed as an individual 

Hawks shouldn't have him

Bit of a one-man show but his ability to create space offensively is truly a remarkable feat.

8 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Oh, Man, I just can't let this one get away...

Saw a lots of head snapping in that little dance. Practicing for the next game. Surprised to not see anyone fall to the ice. 

Jaromir Jagr bobbleheads stolen en route to Pittsburgh. Giveaway postponed

PITTSBURGH (AP) — Jaromir Jagr is missing. Well, the bobbleheads of the former NHL star are anyway.

The Pittsburgh Penguins announced Thursday that a shipment carrying bobbleheads of the franchise icon was stolen after arriving in California.

https://apnews.com/article/jaromir-jagr-penguins-nhl-e2f7d2bdb5a02f8743404099068ea5f1

5 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

PITTSBURGH (AP) — Jaromir Jagr is missing. Well, the bobbleheads of the former NHL star are anyway.

The Pittsburgh Penguins announced Thursday that a shipment carrying bobbleheads of the franchise icon was stolen after arriving in California.

https://apnews.com/article/jaromir-jagr-penguins-nhl-e2f7d2bdb5a02f8743404099068ea5f1

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

They parked a vehicle with valuables in California.