[GDT] Around the NHL [March 2024]

16 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

No doubt.  They got worse at the same time the Sabres got better.  Perfect timing.  Although these words could come back to bite me considering the Sabres play them 13 hours from now.

28 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Wings with a much needed win, sorry @Sabrefan1

spongebob-spongebob-meme.gif.77711af32805eb3d3f79764c9bbd146a.gif

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Boston's all-time winning team being punted by Florida will probably always feature in arguments against going "all-in" going forward

There are no guarantees come playoff time, regardless of what you spend leading up to the deadline, that Boston team being punted by the eighth seed Florida Panthers will always illustrate that 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Boston's all-time winning team being punted by Florida will probably always feature in arguments against going "all-in" going forward

There are no guarantees come playoff time, regardless of what you spend leading up to the deadline, that Boston team being punted by the eighth seed Florida Panthers will always illustrate that 

The only difference between the Panthers-Bruins of last year and the Canucks-Kings matchup in 2012 is that... their series was a close-fought, exciting battle.  Ours was a 4-1 beatdown.  LA looked like hot garbage entering the postseason and went on one of the greatest benders ever.

2 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

The only difference between the Panthers-Bruins of last year and the Canucks-Kings matchup in 2012 is that... their series was a close-fought, exciting battle.  Ours was a 4-1 beatdown.  LA looked like hot garbage entering the postseason and went on one of the greatest benders ever.

They did, the Kings were built for playoff hockey though, there's no denying that 

It's like they flipped a switch and just decided they were an elite team 

35 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Five point game for the bread man, well on his way to hit 100 for the first time, if not 110+ at this rate

Up to 93 in 67 now if I'm not mistaken 

Canadiens' Martin St. Louis takes leave for family reasons

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canadiens-martin-st-louis-takes-leave-for-family-reasons/

Montreal Canadiens coach Martin St. Louis will be away from the team indefinitely for family reasons, the team announced Saturday.

Assistant coach Trevor Letowski will take over the head coaching duties in St. Louis' absence. No other information was disclosed.

Bo gets they tying goal to send the game to OT.

Then takes a penalty in OT (breaks his stick on the way to the box in frustration). And they lose.

37 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Avs knock off the Oil, Mac with the assist 

Sigh.  Yeah if I were Marc Moser I'd be losing my shit right now too

Edited by Miss Korea
  • Cheers 1