[GDT] Around the NHL [March 2024]

31 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

I guess benching your 1C and captain is one way to get the team's attention...

Well, Torts did just get himself benched for a handful of games.  Maybe it gave him a sense of clarity... and feels others need that same experience...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Holy shit things are DEFINITELY getting dramatic on Broad Street

Torts squeezed as much as he can from a club but sooner or later there’s nothing left. And it’s looking like that’s going to be sooner in Philly. It’s going to be very messy. Might take some of the attention off how the Pens’ well has run dry. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Torts squeezed as much as he can from a club but sooner or later there’s nothing left. And it’s looking like that’s going to be sooner in Philly. It’s going to be very messy. Might take some of the attention off how the Pens’ well has run dry. 

I wonder if he will want out. I don’t even know if a coaching change will help. They’re rebuilding, right?

2 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Hate that there’s no changes here. I loathe the OT setup. I would prefer 5 on 5 for 10 minutes. 

Not surprised though, the NHL clearly likes the shootout 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Not surprised though, the NHL clearly likes the shootout 

Yeah…I loathe the shootout as well. I understand why they have it though and not in the playoffs. Can’t have 3 or 4 overtime periods in a single game during the regular season, although I doubt we would see many of those if there was a 10 minute 5 on 5 OT. 

4 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Yeah…I loathe the shootout as well. I understand why they have it though and not in the playoffs. Can’t have 3 or 4 overtime periods in a single game during the regular season, although I doubt we would see many of those if there was a 10 minute 5 on 5 OT. 

I think the NHL likes that the shootout produces highlights as well, although a 5 minute OT period and then a shootout does effectively cap how long a game can go one way or another 

The playoffs are a different beast entirely, I'd imagine games going longer just drives up profits somehow 

• ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)

Gutsy OT win for Detroit, Kane continues to be a success story for them 

Goal and two assists, point per game now if I'm not mistaken 

Edited by Coconuts

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Ready and steady, what else can one say?

Finished with a hatty

Hellebuyck continues to stand tall for the Jets too, went 40/42 with a sparkling .952 save percentage, he's def the Vezina frontrunner