[GDT] Around the NHL [March 2024]

36 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Terrible timing for the Caps, it could cost them their playoff hopes if they stumble without him 

This one could be lengthy too. No idea how Wilson could possibly defend his actions here. 

It's not like he looked away and was swinging his stick back into his right hand. He basically looked right at the guy, moved Gregor's stick out of the way and then hit him in the teeth. I didn't watch the whole game, was there something between Wilson and Gregor before this happened?

The only thing that might help Wilson in this case is that Gregor stayed in the game and doesn't appear to have any injuries that will keep him out. 

58 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Couturier being scratched last game was the first time a captain had been scratched since 2014, that captain was Ed Jovanovski, excluding captains being rested up towards the end of the season for playoffs 

Now he'll be sitting again 

not surprise.. he's been hot trash the last 15 games and cost the flyers so many games.. and they won without him so...

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Yeah, Pasta is a beast.  Damn Bruins got him locked in on a fantastic deal IMO.

The question is do you think he's done enough to be a Hart finalist this year? I think it's probably between MacKinnon and Kucherov, but there's no question Pastrnak has been carrying the Bruins offense this year and there is the debate he's been more important to the Bruins than McDavid has been to the Oilers this year.

11 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

The question is do you think he's done enough to be a Hart finalist this year? I think it's probably between MacKinnon and Kucherov, but there's no question Pastrnak has been carrying the Bruins offense this year and there is the debate he's been more important to the Bruins than McDavid has been to the Oilers this year.

I think there's a strong argument for him.  MacKinnon will probably take it though. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

I think there's a strong argument for him.  MacKinnon will probably take it though. 

Before the recent game against us, I wasn’t so sure. Then I saw how he can carry his team on his back, if need be.

My doubt stemmed from them not needing him to because he has a great team around him. 

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Unique, at least!

Considering how much Montreal hates Boston and Boston hates Montreal, this is kinda weird lol

• Cheers 1

If we win the division looking more like Nashville is a possibility.. they are nasty and one of the hottest team in the league and will be going into the playoff with the underdog mentality.. 15 straight with point soon 16.. out of all the possible matchup Canucks could get.. Nashville could legitimately steal a series with goaltending alone compared to la and Vegas 

10 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

If we win the division looking more like Nashville is a possibility.. they are nasty and one of the hottest team in the league and will be going into the playoff with the underdog mentality.. 15 straight with point soon 16.. out of all the possible matchup Canucks could get.. Nashville could legitimately steal a series with goaltending alone compared to la and Vegas 

Anybody can beat anybody in the west end steel series.We cant be scared forever.Or swim or sink

52 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

Anybody can beat anybody in the west end steel series.We cant be scared forever.Or swim or sink

lol i'm not scared of edmonton vegas or LA goalie standing on their head and stealing games like saros.. we can literally outplay them every single game and lose coz saros stood on his head or something.. don't see that out of skinner hill or talbot

38 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Nashville is going to be a hard 1st round opponent. They are playing really good hockey.

If thr Canucks are not going to finish on top of the conference, I hope the oilers pass them.  As much as van struggles against LA, I think that's a better matchup than Nashville.  Let the Oikers deal with them, imo

Disappointed King Of The Hill GIF

You guys are whining about facing Nashville first round? Seriously? NASHVILLE?!?!?

I know they’ve been red hot lately, but it’s not going to last forever. I still gladly take them over Vegas or LA any day.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Disappointed King Of The Hill GIF

You guys are whining about facing Nashville first round? Seriously? NASHVILLE?!?!?

I know they’ve been red hot lately, but it’s not going to last forever. I still gladly take them over Vegas or LA any day.

You better believe I would rather face LA or Vegas than Nashville.  

Nashville gives me 2019 St. Louis vibes. I wouldn't want to face them either when they're on a heater just before post season. I can so see them upset a top seeder in the first round.

Elsewhere on the scoreboard - Com' on Krakens, get a goal and tie it.